SASS Wire Forum

A blank DD-214?

Curious if anyone has ever come across a DD-214 that had no info other than name, rank, enlistment date, and honorable discharge date?  No schools, qualification badges, medals, or assignments. 

I saw saw one for a guy who served four years in the Air Force in the 50s. He claimed he was in one of the early air commando units and did black ops in Latin America. Therefore, his DD-214 was blank to disguise the nature of his work. 

Just curious if anybody had seen or heard of this before. 

Hey Charlie.

I find that story a little hard to believe.   Even if certain groups or assignments are classified, a

non-classified assignment 'coded' type name or number would probably appear on the DD-214.

Like some military assignments,   MANY of us are given duty assignments that really don't exist, if you

know what I mean.  

At the very least, I would think his DD-214 would show his training schools and qualifications, even

if his assignments were kept 'classified'.

And if it was so secret that it couldn't be put on the DD-214,  somebody would have written a best seller

book about it, sold it to Hollywood for a movie, and made buku bucks on it..... :lol:

..........Widder

I have a feeling this dude is a fake. Furthermore, creating a fake DD-214 is a Federal crime. 

Everyone in military service gas codes that outline their jobs even special ops.

Check this out:

https://www.google.com/search?q=blank dd-214

A talented scumbag could make their own.

Bull Spit. Every service member attended some form of school or was awarded campaign / theater medals.

Easy check is to look at the form dates at the bottom of the form. DD214s are changed every few years. Whenever a new version is released all prior versions are obsolete.  Bet his form dates do not match his service dates.

2 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Curious if anyone has ever come across a DD-214 that had no info other than name, rank, enlistment date, and honorable discharge date?  No schools, qualification badges, medals, or assignments. 

I saw saw one for a guy who served four years in the Air Force in the 50s. He claimed he was in one of the early air commando units and did black ops in Latin America. Therefore, his DD-214 was blank to disguise the nature of his work. 

Just curious if anybody had seen or heard of this before. 

Just tell the guy he forgot to type in some of the info needed to make it more real. A friend of mine was in the 50's. On a boat for the Navy and never left the Atlantic off the coast of the U.S. Just a machinist and has a few things listed on his.

Complete and Total bull.

3 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

30 days of active service must be performed to receive a DD-214. At best I would think he either failed basic or was discharged for medical reason. Otherwise I would think its "B......T"

That's a thought:  what's his reenlistment code?

2 hours ago, Badlands Beady said:

That's a thought:  what's his reenlistment code?

Probably "DS"

for Dip Sh**!

Howdy,

NO such thing as a form leaving the Army blank.

Bet the guy $5000 that he cant back it up.

Ive met some fake vets and their stories are HILLAAARIOUSSSS.

I wanted to keep em  around for fun but other vet club members  

kicked em out.  

I thought they were FUN.

Best

CR

1 hour ago, Sawyer said:

Somebody somewhere will believe him.  Barack Obamamay give him a medal.

Civilians have no clue. These days they will accept almostany bullshit story. It’s amazing how many families think their recently departed patriarch was a Medal of Honor recipient. Don’t lie to your family!

9 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Civilians have no clue. These days they will accept almostany bullshit story. It’s amazing how many families think their recently departed patriarch was a Medal of Honor recipient. Don’t lie to your family!

That’s for sure. 

Then you have people like my in-laws that make crap up. My father in law was in the Army DURING Vietnam. He found out his unit was deploying for Vietnam. He “volunteered” for KP and “accidentally” burned both arms up to his elbows in a cauldron of boiling water. This took him out of commission. He stayed behind while his unit went to Vietnam. He ended up going to Germany.

He died 15 or so years ago.

Since he has died I found out that he volunteered to go to “Nam”.

He petitioned his Congressman to go to “Nam” as his CO wouldn’t let him.

He went to “Nam” and did 2 tours.

He won every medal that one could when over there except the Medal of Honor. (Too easy to trace, I guess)

He rescued POWs

- When he died his family (my wife wanted nothing to do with him in life or death) had VIETNAM emblazoned across a 6’ long black granite tombstone. 

That $&@#£¥€ never set foot in Vietnam. 

Gets my my blood pressure up every time I think about it.

This is an absolute lie.  Evaluations, awards / decorations, and 214s are written in an unclassified manner.  For example, "...was deployed to an undisclosed location..."  Anyone who tells you they can't wear their awards "because they're all classified" or shows you a blank 214 is stealing valor.  

Archived