Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

and now, for the video

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, WymoreWrangler SASS 46187 said:

If you wrote SASS HQ and applied for a State or Regional Match and said you weren't going to use the LTO/UTO , what do you think there answer would be....  I"ve been to a lot of matches where we had small posses, the person in front or behind you became the observer.... 

 

Their

 

No doubt they'd advise me to provide both an LTO and ULTO; regardless, it isn't listed as required in any manual.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mean, clean and under 2 minutes...........:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WymoreWrangler SASS 46187 said:

If you wrote SASS HQ and applied for a State or Regional Match and said you weren't going to use the LTO/UTO , what do you think there answer would be....  I"ve been to a lot of matches where we had small posses, the person in front or behind you became the observer.... 

apparently yu may not shoot much out west,,,,   but no more naysaying about the lto,,,  It was totally completely without a doubt, MY fault!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

apparently yu may not shoot much out west,,,,   but no more naysaying about the lto,,,  It was totally completely without a doubt, MY fault!

Cheyenne, I've shot from all round the Central Plains to the East Coast to as Far West as Fernley, NV, and from North Dakota to Texas.  Yes it was your fault, your a stand up shooter for acknowledging it, but by simply using the procedures that are written, it would have avoid this....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there was a LTO,  I distracted him!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WymoreWrangler SASS 46187 said:

If you wrote SASS HQ and applied for a State or Regional Match and said you weren't going to use the LTO/UTO , what do you think there answer would be....  I"ve been to a lot of matches where we had small posses, the person in front or behind you became the observer.... 

 

Don’t forget that at State and Regional matches the LTO/UTO, along with the spotters and score keeper, are also “supposed” to be RO 1/2’s

 

PS: The Ides of March is an Annual shoot with 150 shooters 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

{joking}

See what you've started Cheyenne, next time just load your guns before the buzzer goes off.

{/joking}

 

Kudos to you for remaining calm under pressure and setting a good example for the rest of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WymoreWrangler SASS 46187 said:

If you wrote SASS HQ and applied for a State or Regional Match and said you weren't going to use the LTO/UTO , what do you think there answer would be....  I"ve been to a lot of matches where we had small posses, the person in front or behind you became the observer.... 

California state match didn’t have one. Maybe that one is too small? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Redwood Kid said:

California state match didn’t have one. Maybe that one is too small? 

Yep, very few venues out here have a LTO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

there was a LTO,  I distracted him!!

See above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last comment on this, all of you that don't use LTO/UTO officers, go tell you insurance companies and tell them that you are are following safety rules and procedures, and see how long your still insured....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WymoreWrangler SASS 46187 said:

Last comment on this, all of you that don't use LTO/UTO officers, go tell you insurance companies and tell them that you are are following safety rules and procedures, and see how long your still insured....

These clubs have been playing this game a lot longer than you have, so I think they'll be fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, CC posts a lighthearted video of his own screw up on here and it turns into a pissing match about LTO's......

The shooter took full blame for the screw up.......and the blame somehow lies elsewhere?

 

It's a damn shame that some folks can't see the humor. Anyway, thanks CC for the post.

 

Sun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CC. 

I very much enjoyed your video and congradulate you for the way you pulled it off. I would have at least forgot the string. This is suposed to be fun. Ye-Ha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2019 at 1:16 PM, Sixgun Seamus said:

Nice smooth shotgun run.:P

There we go, positive reinforcement! Always a silver lining.:D;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PLUS ONE to Cypress Sun.  

 

or even     PLUS TWO to Cypress Sun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:24 AM, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

there was a LTO,  I distracted him!!

I'm assuming with your good looks and charm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:22 AM, WymoreWrangler SASS 46187 said:

Cheyenne, I've shot from all round the Central Plains to the East Coast to as Far West as Fernley, NV, and from North Dakota to Texas.  Yes it was your fault, your a stand up shooter for acknowledging it, but by simply using the procedures that are written, it would have avoid this....

Hey Cheyenne, The video seems to be missing now.

 

Sorry for the side track; but someone else started it. :o;)

 

Wymore, I've been shooting out west for close to 20 years (May is the milestone) and rarely see a LTO.  I once received a SDQ for having my rifle hammer back. There was a LTO! She felt bad; but, I admitted the fault was mine.

 

I am a firm believer in a ULTO, because after that point no one expects a gun to be loaded. It can be very dangerous if it is. Even on a short posse, it can be handled by the previous shooter. In fact, I recommend, in that situation, that the ULTO act as the scorekeeper. By the time the shooter is cleared and the score entered, brass will be picked.

 

While we are on that topic, one of my pet peeves is inattentive ULTOs. They should be watching as the shooter leaves the line to insure they do not go to their cart with loaded guns. Luckily, I was caught before I did that once. Now, I no longer park my cart on the way from the end of the firing line to the ULT.:)

 

Regards,

 

Allie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allie,  it's still there for me,,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey crash-I can still see the vid in CC's first post.

Haven't seen a LTO out here in many years.........Don't need'em either.

UTO-Oh, heck ya you need them:excl:

CC distracted his LTO because he forgot to pull his pants back up, and the poor guy was laughing so hard he was gasp'n for air.......:lol::P

OLG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Hey crash-I can still see the vid in CC's first post.

Haven't seen a LTO out here in many years.........Don't need'em either.

UTO-Oh, heck ya you need them:excl:

CC distracted his LTO because he forgot to pull his pants back up, and the poor guy was laughing so hard he was gasp'n for air.......:lol::P

OLG

well he was gasping for air!!  CPD  and had just gotten out of the hospital,,,  he felt terrible about it too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.