SASS Wire Forum

sold

I have a 45-70 Shiloh Sharps Hartford model 32" Heavy Barrel,  Patchbox,  French Grey,  has the Hartford collar and the pewter forearm tip.     A very nice Lee Shaver Sight Setup as well.  current cost without the sights would be about $2600 and an 18 month wait.  I;m asking $2600 .   I can meet at Winter Range or Ship to an FFL at your cost.

I almost ordered mine in French Grey, but I think that would be way too expensive, since to me it just screams "engrave me", and engraving can cost as much as or even more than the rifle. Very nice rifle. Nobody can make them any better than Shiloh

Actually one can have Aspen Filly or similar do an excellent job of engraving for far less but I was looking more for a very durable finish for shooting which it has been.

It's been shot.  First time was across the Lake to a buffalo target around 300 yards at Railhead in Williams Az.   Also hit the Quigley bucket once at the same shoot. 

I know people who shoot these tends to roll their own, but for one not setup for 45.70 rollin', this is the type of rifle that you need to be careful about what type of off the shelf 45.70 you feed it?

9 hours ago, Cemetery said:

I know people who shoot these tends to roll their own, but for one not setup for 45.70 rollin', this is the type of rifle that you need to be careful about what type of off the shelf 45.70 you feed it?

Shiloh builds their rifles to handle all ammo that’s loaded to SAAMI specs.

For somebody who wants a 45-70 but doesn’t reload, that means they can buy any factory loaded 45-70 ammo and use it in this gun.

Of course, they’ll want to save their brass ‘cause it won’t take long before they’ll get the itch to roll their own and burn the Sacred Incense.  Then they’ll want a 45-110 or 50-90.  Then a 38-55 on the other end of the “thud spectrum”.  

Sharps rifles are are a dangerous addiction.

7 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Shiloh builds their rifles to handle all ammo that’s loaded to SAAMI specs.

For somebody who wants a 45-70 but doesn’t reload, that means they can buy any factory loaded 45-70 ammo and use it in this gun.

Of course, they’ll want to save their brass ‘cause it won’t take long before they’ll get the itch to roll their own and burn the Sacred Incense.  Then they’ll want a 45-110 or 50-90.  Then a 38-55 on the other end of the “thud spectrum”.  

Sharps rifles are are a dangerous addiction.

Or a High Wall, or a Rolling Block, or a CPA Stevens....  And then a rifle caliber lever repeater & a pistol caliber set up for long range.  There is no end to the fun!

5 hours ago, Zeb Gray, #36839 said:

Or a High Wall, or a Rolling Block, or a CPA Stevens....  And then a rifle caliber lever repeater & a pistol caliber set up for long range.  There is no end to the fun!

Got watch them High Walls...They can breed...Started with 2 now have 6...Had to separate the breeders...Ran out of room...

Texas Lizard

5 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

Got watch them High Walls...They can breed...Started with 2 now have 6...Had to separate the breeders...Ran out of room...

Texas Lizard

Put one of them gun socks on em.:D

Archived