SASS Wire Forum

toy soldiers no longer carry rebel flag

Trigger Mike

I went to a civil war reenactment yesterday and my son wanted some of the soldiers in a tube .  the seller said Safari Ltd is discontinuing their line of civil war soldiers and the confederates that he had all carried the Union flag and not the Confederate battle flag.  a grey clad rebel carrying the yankee flag.  just sad that history is being erased before our children can fully understand it all

Ok...so when are we gonna tear this museum down? It and old glory celebrates the destruction and oppression of all western native Americans......right? Let’s just not have a flag, or a country. We can just all go home now. 

19 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

If the Confederate flag is so offensive to minorities then what do the Stars & Stripes mean to the Native Americans? If I'm not mistaken it flew over Wounded Knee.

The Stars and Stripes is also an updated version of a rebel flag flown by separatists who were considered terrorists in their day and were almost universally under a death sentence by the legal goverment of this country at the time.

Bought Petey a set of War of Union Agression soldiers for his 50th birthday.  He quickly noticed they were all in grey.  My response: surely you didn't think I was gonna pay good money for Yankees?

For good or ill, it's my flag.  I've said it before: regardless of politics and political correctness, I honor the honor, sacrifice, and bravery of my Confederate kin.

Revisionist history.

Inconvenient facts about historical events are to be ignored.  Those that can't be ignored are to be villified or twisted to support the accepted storyline.

It's bad enough that history has always been slanted as it was written down- the old axiom about history is written by the victor is true- but the modern PC revisionism carries it to a whole 'nother level.

4 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

I've even been told that my police memorial flag that I fly everyday is racist 

Apparently every one of us with an NRA membership card in our wallet is a terrorist as well. So much for liberal "tolerance".

2 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Apparently every one of us with an NRA membership card in our wallet is a terrorist as well. So much for liberal "tolerance".

Yeah...they are really gonna love my big NRA sticker on the back window of my truck. 

I wouldn’t call it “liberal tolerance”. I displayed very conservative bumper stickers on my vehicles in all the 23 years I lived in the LA area of CA and only got a handful of negative comments.

What we have today is “PC activism” and there is no tolerance involved.

off my soap box..

I'll moderate my own comments on this thread!!

Don't know if  or when i might get scolded again!!!

my 8 year old asked me to play a war game with his new soldiers.  It felt odd having a confederate soldier waving the Union flag.  I guess if you can pretend they can fight then you can pretend they are holding the right flag.  

meanwhile my 12 year old had to write a report on a biography of someone famous and he picked Robert E Lee and the teacher approved it., but it is a private school so they may not worry about such things as much

Archived