SASS Wire Forum

Need Custom Gunbelt

Juiceharp Jen

Lots and lots of leather makers scattered around SASS. Ask around your local club first. 

I have rigs rigs from the following and they are all excellent, in no particular order:

jm-leather http://jm-leather.com/

cochise http://www.cochiseleather.com/

red dog leather on eBay and/or Facebook( not posting a link to either place)

Depending on where you live there may be a local vendor that can help you to fit a nice gun belt rig. I bought a very nice rig once online from a well known maker that I liked very much but there were a couple of things I would have changed had I been able to work with them during the process.  I used it for a while and gave it to a good friend. I liked it but I didn't love it.

8 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

You might also try Mernickle, Kirkpatrick or Rod Kibler 

Randy

If she needs 'em by the end of the month, I think Mernickle has a 8 or 12 week backlog.  Not sure about Kirkpatrick or Rod.  Rod's leather is really good.  I have a couple of shotshell belts.  Been using them for a very long time.

Kirkpatrick is good leather, I have had their Silver King for about ten years now.  It looks and works just as well now as when I first received it, and it only took them about ten days to get it out to me.  Great people to deal with, and a great product.

Jen:

Did not catch your initial post last Friday where you indicated you were a newbie, as it was posted in the SASS CLASSIFIED section.

Hope it's not too late to welcome you to this great sport.

59df8da057c22_WantedPoster-JuiceharpJen.JPG.a8a583bdbea51f0e584cec0643bfd798.JPG

This COWGIRL is WANTED for Cowboy Action Shooting (CAS)

She has already shown an interest in the sport and should be considered as a candidate.

It’s not known if she is ARMED; however, she has been seen inquiring about obtaining firearms, in particular single action revolvers, lever action rifles and shotguns. Proceed with CAUTION when providing her with only viable suggestions.

Until she turns herself in to the local law (Match Director [MD], Territorial Governor [TG]) she should be considered DANGEROUS for asking many questions about CAS.

If seen on the SASS WIRE, or SASS CLASSIFIED, be sure to extend a hardy WELCOME.

On October 7, 2017 at 3:10 PM, Major B. S. Walker said:

Contact Persimmon Dan at Murphey's Custom Gun Leather.  

I got my first one from Kirkpatrick Leather back in 2003..

I used it up until about 2012.. I have to say it held up very well..

I wanted different features it did not have..

I had enough shooting time under belt to then know what I wanted..

I then got one from Persimmon Dan.. Murphy's Custom Gun Leather..

I haven't regretted it once..

but.. He likes to take the time with YOU to personally have you 

try different belts, holsters, holster angles, holster positions.. etc..

Rance ;)

Thinkin' you've been supplied with many a good rig makers here:)

On 10/7/2017 at 5:30 PM, Tracker Jack Daniels, 58780 said:

Kirkpatrick is good leather, I have had their Silver King for about ten years now.  It looks and works just as well now as when I first received it, and it only took them about ten days to get it out to me.  Great people to deal with, and a great product.

They are out about 6 weeks now.  At least for the LH Tequila rigs.  I just got mine last week, and then noticed I forgot to add the matching shotgun belt.  Reply back on that is also 6 weeks.  I had to get some generic stuff from the Historical Emporium so I had a rig for my first three shoots, although I'll be using my new Tequila rig this weekend at Mima's monthly this weekend.

Now if I could just get that shotshell belt...

On 10/8/2017 at 12:19 AM, Juiceharp Jen said:

JM was on the ball.  I think we're all set.  Thanks for all the help.

My wife "Ellie Phant" got her rig from Johnny at J-M and is very happy with it. Buckles in back and shotshell cartridge loops in front.

Archived