SASS Wire Forum

Dr. Huxtable (Bill Cosby) Goes to Trial

Cat Brules

A Pensylvania judge let stand charges of Aggravated Indecent Assault after a 2-day hearing and ordered the case to proceed to trial. Cosby had previously made an "informal, unwritten deal for immunity" with a DA. He's accused of assaulting a then-Temple University female employee in 2004.

There will likely be some sort of quiet plea deal and all of this will go away with Mr. Cosby's purse a little lighter!!

I don't thik the prosecutor would dare cut a deal with all the publicity this has generated.

With his documented confession from the civil case now public, and the amount of publicity this has generated, the prosecutor would be foolish to go for less than a trial and conviction.

There's something in me that's very sad about the whole situation. I genuinely liked Bill Cosby. I thought he was a voice of common sense in an otherwise crazy world. I don't hold celebrities on pedestals, don't feel a need to agree with them politically to like them, and definitely don't care if they have creative preferences in their private lives.

But to use his position of respect within the industry to do what he did. Sorry, it disgusts me.

I always liked Cosby, he did a great bit on Hopalong Cassidy's horse and also a bit on western movie music! Funny as heck! Fast forward to all this stuff he supposedly did to a whole bunch of women and I'm not only disappointed in him but disgusted also! :angry:

An intelligent, perceptive, and talented man.

But flawed.... like most men.

But in this case Very Seriously flawed. More than most men.

With his documented confession from the civil case now public, and the amount of publicity this has generated, the prosecutor would be foolish to go for less than a trial and conviction.

There's something in me that's very sad about the whole situation. I genuinely liked Bill Cosby. I thought he was a voice of common sense in an otherwise crazy world. I don't hold celebrities on pedestals, don't feel a need to agree with them politically to like them, and definitely don't care if they have creative preferences in their private lives.

But to use his position of respect within the industry to do what he did. Sorry, it disgusts me.

Exactly how I feel.

My wife and I saw Mr. Cosby perform at the State Fair in Puyallup, many, many years ago.

He had me literally sitting on the floor of the grandstand, holding my side and laughing.

A true talent. I saddens me to see what has happened. I have never had hero worship

for celebrities and I genuinely liked him for what he represented and his talent. But I too,

am disappointed and disgusted by these circumstances.

Exactly how I feel.

Yeah, me too....... But you know? In addition to Charlie's comments (and others), I feel betrayed, and I feel the American public has been betrayed, on so many levels that this could on for several pages trying to enumerate them, I see him now as simply just another empty shell character, created from whole cloth. I mean, (rhetorically now) what kind of man would do those things to a woman? When Cosby goes to trial, this is for violating one of many women, all with similar allegations.

I'm very disappointed to learn that one of my childhood heroes is a scum bag.

However, I have a serious issue with using a statement by Cosby after he was given immunity by the DA. This sets a very dangerous precedent and undermines the DA's ability to make deals and prosecute future cases. Immunity is a tool used in many drug and homicide cases. Without it, a lot of these serious cases would not be prosecuted.

I hope the DA can prove this case without using Cosby's statements. He needs to spend the rest of his life in prison but let's do it the right way.

Archived