SASS Wire Forum

Historical Defend Old Fort Parker Shoot

Oklahoma Dee

What a great shoot! Great Weather, got to eat a great dinner in the middle of the fort at night, great posses ( #3) Great targets and stage runs. Sharpshooters were an interesting addition to the normal categories.

Congratulations to all the category champions. Best time I have had in a long time. well, since last weekend at Hell Fire!

Dream Chaser is the Ladies overall Campion and Creek County Kid is the Men's Overall Champion.

Special note of Colorado Jackson and his music setup. Mighty nice.

Thank you all that helped get this match put together and finished.

OkDee

Yes, was another great shoot at the Fort. Been happening down there for quite a while. Was made even more special by meeting new folks, in particular that creek county youngster.

Had a great time!

Creek County Kid, what a great cowboy!

Got to shoot with Rock Rotten and Hoss and a whole posse full of great folks all weekend.

Got to meet Ghost Angel and hear her sing. Wow!

Had a great visit with the incomparable Oklahoma Dee.

Great shoot! Great cause!

440 miles for me to go there and worth every mile of it. I love this match. I love the people running the match. I love the shooters. Love the stages. Love the raffle. Get the drift.....I loved all of it. Hope to see you all at the State match in May.

http://oldfortparkerpatriots.weebly.com/

go to scores , click the 2015 box and that takes you to dropbox, You Do Not have to Join, just delete that join box. then stroll downward to bottom, it is in .pdf format. no problems.

OkDee

It was my first time to shoot at the Fort, now I'm hooked. What a great venue and great group of folks, we really enjoyed it! As a new shooter, I would like to especially thank Rock Rotten for taking time out to offer some great pointers, it really helped.

Had a great time! If you have never been to the Fort, then you are missing out. It is a great historical venue. Shooting out of the blockhouse is a highlight of my year.

Kow Katcher & Bent Barrel Betty head up a great bunch of Patriots to put on this match. I really enjoyed the banquet "under the stars" in the fort. Best I've ever been to, (Except I didn't win any raffle prizes :( ) Thanks again to the whole Fort Parker Patriots gang for putting this on.

Enjoyed meeting Possum Skinner, 3X8, Falling Block, and visiting with old friends again. Got to shoot a Maynard rifle thanks to Clueless Bob.

Looking forward to the Texas State Match next year.

Way to go little brother! You make the Jedi Gunfighters proud, and me too! 👍🏻

Way to go little brother! You make the Jedi Gunfighters proud, and me too! 👍🏻

Sure wished I coulda got back in town in time to finish my chores AND attend this match. Enjoyed every match I've attended there!

Where else can you stay in a WWII German POW camp and love it...The history of Fort Parker and little Cynthia Parker and her son, Quanah, Chief of the Comanches is what the west is made of....Irish Pat

I tell you, there is a certain little young girl, that can sing like an angel. Cannt recall her name... This happened in the fort at night after the dinner and most folks headed out. Something Special. Moments like that do not come along much.

Great weather, great friends, great match. I enjoyed every minute and every round I sent down range. I shot as a sharpshooter in which I decided to do it as a FCD with predictable results and had a blast!!! Between sticking shotgun shells, a costly procedure, and more misses than I needed, a smile never left my face. I owe a big thank you to my posse (#3) for allowing me to indulge in my quest to shoot the course the way I did.

The Plainsman match was a hoot too. I always use either my Burnside or my wife's Maynard(shot it this weekend) with predictable results too(bottom of the shooters placing)' but its always fun when folks ask me "What is that?" after shooting the first stage. I even shot it in the long range event too. Once I got the right sight picture, I was hitting.

Already signing up for next year!!!

Yep - Bob always enjoys himself - and isn't that what it's all about ? Some like to burn it down & Bob has just as much fun loading the Maynard single shot with a case & then placing a musket cap on the cone & blasting a cloud of smoke. He also offered his pards to get the thrill of shooting it. Fun guy to posse with for sure.

Great weather, great friends, great match. I enjoyed every minute and every round I sent down range. I shot as a sharpshooter in which I decided to do it as a FCD with predictable results and had a blast!!! Between sticking shotgun shells, a costly procedure, and more misses than I needed, a smile never left my face. I owe a big thank you to my posse (#3) for allowing me to indulge in my quest to shoot the course the way I did.

The Plainsman match was a hoot too. I always use either my Burnside or my wife's Maynard(shot it this weekend) with predictable results too(bottom of the shooters placing)' but its always fun when folks ask me "What is that?" after shooting the first stage. I even shot it in the long range event too. Once I got the right sight picture, I was hitting.

Already signing up for next year!!!

Thanks for the opportunity to shoot the Maynard. It was a treat!

Archived