SASS Wire Forum

Dallas at Greenbay

Perro Del Diablo

Being a Broncos fan of 40+ years, I detest the Raiders. Nothing would make me happier than to see the Raiders go 0-16 every season.

I hold the Cowboys in the same esteem.

Having had the pleasure of attending several games at Lambeau, including this past November for the Eagles game, I must say that Green Bay should be the team known as "America's Team". The Packers have been a football team long before anyone even had an idea of creating the Cowboys.

Go into the second level mens room just down from Curly's Pub in Lambeau and look at the picture over the sinks. The Green Bay City Packers of 1913.

My best friend now lives back in MT. When he lived in Denver and I was trapped in Texas, I would get 2 tickets every year for the Broncos/Raiders game, drive to Denver and take him to the game. Now we split years between Denver and Green Bay.

Game day in GB is an awesome experience.

Go Pack Go!

The officials in the Dallas Lions game should have been ejected, or at least suspended without pay for a couple of games. If you have never been to a Packer game you simply can't understand how unlike the rest of the NFL cities they are. The City owns the team. Not a Corporation or a super rich family but a small town American city of 150,000 or so. They are friendly even to the opposition and to their fans team loyalty is a religion.They only have 5 players on the team that have ever played for another team. They draft them and teach them Packer football. The loyalty works both ways and the players are involved with the community. It is unique. I was born and raised in Chicago and I am a Packer fan. Win, lose, or draw. There is no place like Green Bay and no team like the Packers.

GO Pack!

Hope he does go to Dallas!! It'll make the NFC North a much more respectable division!! With Jerky er, uh, IMEAN Jerry Jones as owner, the cowboys lost my respect (AND SUPPORT) years ago!!

You are right. He took a team that was losing money every month. About to go bankrupted

and a coach that had lost touch with the game and would not quit.

Won 3 super bowls has the biggest best stadium in the game and worth the most money now.

So I get where he was so bad for Dallas. :o:P

Just having fun with you Blackwater.

But. All of that is true. And I was a Cowboys fan before him.

And they make it hard to be a fan at times.

But they just play the game. If the call went the other way. Dallas would be screaming.

But what the officials did. Was not the cowboys fault. So don't blame the team. It was on the refs.

Ain't blaming the team. Never liked Jerry.

Not so sure about the Landry thing.

Yeah they got the big stadium and all but they've still got Jerry.

Used to be a Cowboys fan myself in the days when the Packers suffered from poor coaching and lousy management. (Still pulled for 'em the whole time!)

Never said the Cowboys were to blame. Just think they don't deserve to be there this time.

The officiating crew for that game should be suspended for a year and forced to retrain.

The replay crew should be fired outright.

Perhaps Dallas has been too good to Jerry !

And yeah! It's all in good competitive fun.

Looks like we got us a real football game here.

I don't think so. Rogers is immobile and the leg is making him throw the ball high. I think this one is over

14-10 at the half. I wouldn't call it over yet.

THE PACK IS BACK?????

If only they weren't playing in a heat wave! :-)

Nope. You have to maintain control on the catch. He didn't. It's all over now.

I'm for the Cheese, but the Cowboys got a Royal screwing on that last challenge , should have been 1st and goal at the 1.

+1 on both counts, pard. I think he had enough control for the initial call to stand.

EDIT: post-game analysis says it was that Bryant reached out and lost the ball when he hit the ground, therefore an incomplete pass as opposed to a fumble. Apparently this has a controversial rule since it was implemented in 2010.

THE PACK

IS

BACK!!!!!!!! :)

Time for bratwurst, beer and cheese!!!!! :)

Go Pack. Bad call? It's called Karma.

I love the Pack. They got Dallas out of the playoffs. That was all I have looked for in any of the playoffs. I don't care who wins or loses from here out.

Depending on which side of the field you are sitting there are bad calls all the time.

Some bad calls are not all that bad because they are in sinc with the RULES.

Some bad calls are bad calls because of what the zebra's did or didn't see.

With instant replay a lot of the bad is rectified before moving on. Occasionally it isn't.

So now we will see if it is Denver or Indianpolis that p;ays New England.

We know who is going to play the SEAHAWKS.

It was a good game by both teams. Rogers played well for being hampered by his injury. Just like any close game several plays throughout the game could have impacted the outcome if different decisions had been made.

Go Pack. Bad call? It's called Karma.

Cowboys did not make that call in the other game. Why hang that on them. It was the refs.

The team had nothing to do with it.

Sometimes your the windshield. Sometimes your the bug.

Just like SASS. Sometimes the counters give you a miss that was not there.

Sometimes they just don't see a miss and give you a hit.

On to the next.

The zebras giveth and the zebras taketh away. Without a second replay from the out of bounds side, and without replay at all, the catch at the goal line would have stood as called. He was bobbling the ball until he made contact with the defender, at which time he gripped the ball in one hand. At that time his feet were already off of the ground and when he came down he lost control of the ball. I'd have called it a catch without replay.

The brawl on the sideline should have at least resulted in flags to both teams. The hit in question was a clean hit with the blocker's head to the front side of the defender and the receiver/runner was still on his feet. Correct call should have been a no call. In the resulting scrum after the play the defender threw an obvious punch and should have been flagged and ejected.

Late hits to both QBs were not called that should have been. (In the second game they called a roughing the passer on a clean hit to the thigh pad on Manning less than one step after the release of the ball. It ain't just one or two games. It's all of them!!

This year has been one in which officiating has been piss poor!! Referees and umpires have become lazy and sloppy in their work because replay has allowed them to do so. While replay has made it so that a bad call or a mistake can be corrected, those in the replay booth and the officials on the field refuse to correct many calls because they don't want to make the field ref look incompetent. As a result they all not only look, but in fact are incompetent, both upstairs AND on the field.

The Packers won and I'm happy about that. It just spoils a game, a good game I'd like to add here, when incompetent officiating has so much of a negative impact on it.

I would love to see a game with less referee and more great plays like most of the first game today. There were some really great plays in this game!!

Archived