SASS Wire Forum

First image of Kurt Russell in "Bone Tomahawk"

Jed Irons

It's supposed to be a "horror western".

He also has another western coming out the same year, I think, called "The Hateful Eight". It's a Tarantino film so I suspect if you like Django Unchained, you'll like that one.

I just saw Django Unchained two nights ago because it finally came out on NetFlix. It was entertaining while it butchered history, but when Django was shooting everyone in the house, I kept thinking that the Crazy 88's would show up at any time... :P

That horse looks like one of the "ewe necked mares" captain Call was gong to give to the indians just before Deets got killed.

I hope its a decent western. I dont care for the zombie westerns.

Hmmm this is looking good so far. I'm going to read the two western novels the direct Craig Zahler has written to see how gritty this movie will end up being. Sure does sound interesting though.

Saw a picture on FB of Russell in between scenes for this movie. His shirt is tore up and there's a knife or something sticking in his stomach. I'm thinking he doesn't survive this one. But, should be worth watching. Tarantino is supposed to be filming "Hateful 8" down around Norwood, CO this winter.

CBG

I've been waiting for news of this movie for years now, and they released a picture of Kurt Russell in costume the other day! Interesting look, to be sure.

Bone-Tomahawk_990x660.jpg

Costume ?!? ;)

All you got to say is Kurt Russell and 'western' and I'm all in! Can't wait for him to 'skin that smoke wagon' and go to work.

Regards to all, S.G.

Ditto. Even if he's shootin Zombies and Vampires. :)

I just saw Django Unchained two nights ago because it finally came out on NetFlix. It was entertaining while it butchered history, but when Django was shooting everyone in the house, I kept thinking that the Crazy 88's would show up at any time... :P

Same here. Classic Tarantino -- cartoon violence, twisted characters and plot lines. I was expecting to dislike it, but found it strangely entertaining. "Part Pulp Fiction", "A Fistful of Dollars" and "Blazing Saddles". Don Johnson as Big Daddy was awesome, especially the scene with the hooded bushwhackers.

DiCaprio is as evil as Heath Ledger playing the Joker in Batman. Samuel Jackson ain't far behind.

Darn I saw Kurt Russell and western mentioned together and I figured he might be playing Marshall Snake Pliskin in Escape from Dodge City, but the horror western will work ;)

just watched "A Million Ways to Die in the West"

Strange movie.

Where can one find a hat like the one Kurt is wearing? I'm not having any luck searching

Looks similar to this one at River Junction. Kinda pricey but nice... http://www.riverjunction.com/Big-John--Hat-Style_p_3083.html

just watched "A Million Ways to Die in the West"

Strange movie.

I found it pretty funny! Although right off you gotta like Seth MacFarlane's humor.

I finally watched the homesman.

If you don't want to feel happy, or see a story come to an end in a satisfying way... Then that's your movie...

Hope this one does better than that.

I finally watched the homesman.

If you don't want to feel happy, or see a story come to an end in a satisfying way... Then that's your movie...

Hope this one does better than that.

Too many of us say "Well, at least it's a western. If we go see it they'll make more of them."

I've been saying, "If we keep going to see BAD westerns, THAT'S what they'll keep making."

Archived