SASS Wire Forum

TN State: Wartrace in 1 day....Weather Report @ Post 28

Widder, SASS #59054

I've already heard great things from the rumor mill about this match and it sounds like a real humdinger and barn burner.

Right now, weather is looking PERFECT.

I can't wait.

..........Widder

I've already heard great things from the rumor mill about this match and it sounds like a real humdinger and barn burner.

Right now, weather is looking PERFECT.

I can't wait.

..........Widder

Widder....I just talked with Fast Eddie and he had good things to say about the match....he was at the shoot thru this weekend. I've seen the stages online and they all look to be pretty good. I'm looking forward to flinging some lead down range and improving the quality of the rumors in the rumor mill....even if I gotta make something up! :lol: :lol: See ya there pard!

Kajun

Evil Bob, KK, and Widder at the same shoot. That's worth the price of admission just to see what could happen next. :lol: See you guys on Thursday!

Hey Barkeeper, you shoulda seen our pard The Purly Man on Saturday.

He was smoking! I think he has plans for us at Wartrace.

PLUS, RED was about to drive the Caddy home until the last stage. He ended up have to row the boat home. We're gona have to watch out for him also.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Gona get me some of them 'magnetic' bullets that Lead Ringer has. There's dings in every box.

..........Widder

Hey Barkeeper, you shoulda seen our pard The Purly Man on Saturday.

He was smoking! I think he has plans for us at Wartrace.

PLUS, RED was about to drive the Caddy home until the last stage. He ended up have to row the boat home. We're gona have to watch out for him also.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Gona get me some of them 'magnetic' bullets that Lead Ringer has. There's dings in every box.

..........Widder

Yeah but you better ask ole Ringer if'n he sold you a box with dings in every bullet or just a box wif a few bullets wif dings! They don't call him "Ringer" for nuthin....gotta watch that boy :lol: :lol:

Kajun

I would leave right now if I could, but headed up Wednesday. Will be great seeing you again, Widder--as well as Randy St. Eagle, Papa Dave, Sheriff Frank Canton, Badlands Bob, Koda Joe and so many other good friends.

And Ringer, I look forward to meeting you. Never had anything but a great time at Wartrace.

Lady T and I are headed over on Wednesday, we are going on a tour of the Winchester Hat Factory at 1:00 if anyone would like to join us, then on to the range to get her set up for Thursday. See everyone there.

Widder,

Good luck this weekend, may yer hummingbird thumbs fly!!! ;) I will be at the Purgatory In The Pines N.J State Championships this weekend.. And I won't forget to unload my pistols this time.... :lol::lol:

Jedi's everywhere!!! :D

Spades H. Have fun pards shoot straight and fast.

I sure wish Bea and I could be there! Especially since we had to miss Ambush.

Fling a few rounds downrange for us!

Wish you two could go, Rolan. Had a great time with you and Bea Saturday.

"Burn em Down" Spades.

I expect a good report from you and a great match.

We got about 15 GF and 10 SGF at the TN State. ALL stages are with Pistols back to back and nothing split.

When its good for the GF, its good for everyone.

Should be a blast.

..........Widder

I was just surfing around and looked at the posse list. It looks like I'm on posse #10. Uh Oh. There's obviously been some mistake. They put Sawyer and Barkeep Casey in charge of the posse. I guess we'll have to depend on Krazy Kajun to keep them in line. Ok, we're doomed, but I can see this is going to be a good time.

I was just surfing around and looked at the posse list. It looks like I'm on posse #10. Uh Oh. There's obviously been some mistake. They put Sawyer and Barkeep Casey in charge of the posse. I guess we'll have to depend on Krazy Kajun to keep them in line. Ok, we're doomed, but I can see this is going to be a good time.

Evil Bob....I can't even keep myself in line....much less anyone else. Your own your own boys :P

"Burn em Down" Spades.

I expect a good report from you and a great match.

We got about 15 GF and 10 SGF at the TN State. ALL stages are with Pistols back to back and nothing split.

When its good for the GF, its good for everyone.

Should be a blast.

..........Widder

;) Same to ya pard..

From reading this thread it sounds like alot of fun is in the works, I really enjoy it when there is a good mix of crazies at a shoot!!! :D

From the looks of it there will be.... :huh:

Spades H. Have fun pards, Me and Miss Bootsie Hill intend to at Purgatory In The Pines... :P

32 gunfighters + some outlaws with guns in both hands. It is bordering on 20% of the shooters. I think this fad just might catch on

Did the shoot-thru over the weekend and the stages are great, could have done without the rain on Saturday. We got the rain out of the way so we are expecting fantastic weather for Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Don't forget the theme for Thursday, "Are You Tough Enough To Wear Pink"

We'll have the "Cut the Rope" target set up beside the Speed Shotgun Stage with a jug collecting donations for the American Cancer Society. We all know someone who has had cancer and hopefully someone will eventually come up with a cure.

Thursday after side-matches, we'll have a Shoot-off with separate categories based on shooting style, Traditional, Gunfighter and Duelist, with the winners of each shooting for Top Gun Overall, everyone is invited to join in.

Friday after Main Match Stages are finished we'll have the Team Match followed by dinner and Side Match Awards and door prizes. Rumor has it there may be some Jack Daniels on the prize table.

This looks like it's going to be our biggest match ever and the most Gunfighters we've ever had.

See all y'all Thursday.

Randy

Stages are some of the best I've shot. I would say this match is better than last year's but not as good as next years. Y'all are going to enjoy it for sure. Hope everybody has a safe trip and I'll see ya on stage ten.

The wife and i stopped in Nashville last night, WHAT FUN we played the escape game

They locked us in a room for 1 hour and when the buzz goes off your posse has to escape

and we did it 40 mins the record was 36 and only 27% can get out.

What else should we do in Nashville

Just killing time till the best thing on our trip the shoot

They don't call it Music City for nothing. Get a cab downtown tonight and listen to some of the best live music in the world. The drinks are not free but there are no cover charges. And you never know who you might see.

32 gunfighters?!

War trace might just end up having to host the yearly "Gunfighter Nationals"

Must be something in the water....

you got a good point there Hank.

There are quite a few TOP shooters (Traditional style categories) that are also some of the best GFer's anywhere.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some regional type 'Gunfighter Nationals'.

We would get to shoot with Pards like Lassiter, Walker Colt, Max Montana, Possum Skinner, Dang it Dan, Cheyenne Culpepper, EASY RIDER, Doc Eells, and get pards like Deuce, Santa Fe River Stan, and Badlands Bud to jump in. Just toooooo many to count.

And who knows, maybe even old Wed Wiver Way might be able to handle 2 at the same time. He does well with the Geisha Twins so I figured he could do good with 2 pistols..... :lol:

..........Widder

They don't call it Music City for nothing. Get a cab downtown tonight and listen to some of the best live music in the world. The drinks are not free but there are no cover charges. And you never know who you might see.

See....there's ole Barkeep drumming up business for the bars....I'ma thunkin' ole Barkeep gets a cut on drink sales somewheres.

WEATHER REPORT:

Thursday, Friday and Saturday: SUNNY

Temp Highs: 67, 76, 70

WOW! This gona be perfect weather to hang out in and shoot.

Winds will be slight, about 9 mph. This could help the BP shooters.

..........Widder

WEATHER REPORT:

Thursday, Friday and Saturday: SUNNY

Temp Highs: 67, 76, 70

WOW! This gona be perfect weather to hang out in and shoot.

Winds will be slight, about 9 mph. This could help the BP shooters.

..........Widder

Widder we tried to absorb all the rain Saturday during the shoot thru. It was nothing like the Great Monsoon Shoot 2009 in Memphis though. Everything I've seen says this weekend is going to be fantastic.

See y'all Thursday

Randy

Pick yer' category un-wisely.

Junky, you need to switch to gunfighter....get in practice for the AAC category...now's a great time....never a better time to start than now....early bird get's the worm....hint hint :D :D

This is an awesome match. Sorry we are going to miss it this year.

Y'all have a great time.

Sixgun

I think you're going to miss a great one, we'll miss y'all. Hopefully the rain will stop tonight. I'm 45 minutes from the range and I've had 9.6" of rain in the last week and a half. The range is looking good.

Randy

Archived