SASS Wire Forum

In transit

Utah Bob #35998

I ordered a socket set on Sept 12. Supposed to be two day shipping UPS But the expected delivery date was the 17th. Didn't make it here yesterday. So I tracked it this morning.

c43wOz.jpg

(bound forGod knows where)
I don't think I'll see it today.
At least it made it to Colorado once.
Oy!

BpJnz5.jpg

I've had this kind of experience with UPS and USPS seems Fedex has learned something from them. UPs finally found the package and delivered it six weeks after it was sent. USPS has lost two entirely and in one case delivered the empty box two weeks late.

Prolly look like this when I get it. If I get it.

H26h0e.jpg

I wonder when it first arrived in Colorado what those guys were smoking? :lol:

UB, Please post a pix of the actual label. It would be interesting to see it.

That is if it ever arrives.

While I was working for Fedex Express, I was sent on a wild goose chase hunting down a package tracking info for a package from singapore to someplace in china. Well to make a short story of it it was really mislabeled as going to Montreal, Quebec, CN. Should have been addressed to Montreal, Quebec, CA. IT was fixed with an exception in Narita hub Japan. When this error was caught.

It was delivered. In spite of the shipper addressing error.

CN is China

CA in Canada.

I wonder when it first arrived in Colorado what those guys were smoking? :lol:

I suspect you may be on to something.

UB, call the carrier, xplain your problem. This happened to me about two months ago. I bought a gun off gunbroker, it was out of Washington State. It took me almost a month to get it. It had gone to nine different states and they found it in a sorting bin in New York city. Original label still affixed with the proper address. It was an 1858 pietta. It took quite a few calls to fedex to get it delivered. Never found out what the screw up was

Hey Bob,

Hope you weren't waiting on them sockets to fix the washing machine.

From past experience I have found that it does little good to call the carrier. Give the shipper a call, have them issue an intercept on the shipment, and send you another set of sockets, or whatever. They are the ones that shipped it and its delivery is their problem, not yours. Assuming (I know, dangerous) you put this purchase on a credit card, you can always call the card Co. and dispute the charge if the shipper refuses to solve the problem quickly.

Good Luck

Well, it went back to Commerce City and left there at 10:20 bound for......?

I had two in transit in the last week or so,UB. First one got here via UPS,control for our Sleep Number mattress. The other isn't here yet, left shipper on Monday via USPS,just a small padded envelope containing some valve cap felts for a Yamaha trumpet I'm fixing for a friend of my wife's. Hopefully it'll get here by Saturday :blush:

Bob, I ordered an item on the 29th of august. It left the vendor in California, went someplace else in California, then to Jacksonville, Fl, then to Catano, Puerto Rico, then back to Jacksonville, Fl and that was on the 10th of this month. I am curiously amused by this screwup by the USPS and wonder where my package is going next. If it runs across yours I hope they wave Hi to each other while they continue on their trip around the world!

My king of the road package has made it all the way to Salida,CO. Getting closer!! Very exciting . :rolleyes:

I think the most interesting one I had was a priority mail that went from oakland to Oregon, Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri, North Carolina, Michigan, and back to Colorado. Took about 2 weeks.

I got a letter from a guy in Chile once that took about 8 weeks after he sent it to get here. I'd received letters from him before that took a little over a week. When it finally got here it was dirty, torn, and covered in what looked like forklift tire tracks.

Hey Bob,

I may have beat you! (Seeing as I live just north of Hialeah). If'n I get it today I'll ask it if it ran across yours!

September 19, 2014, 10:04 am, Hialeah FL US Out for delivery September 19, 2014, 9:54 am, Hialeah FL US Package arrived at a carrier facility September 17, 2014, 10:52 am, Jacksonville FL In transit to pickup location September 10, 2014, 3:12 am, Catano PR Package has left the carrier facility September 9, 2014, 8:18 am, Catano PR In transit to pickup location September 4, 2014, 6:26 am, Jacksonville FL Package has left the carrier facility September 3, 2014, 8:21 am, Jacksonville FL In transit to pickup location August 30, 2014, 5:51 pm, Panorama City CA Package has left the carrier facility September 1, 2014, 7:18 am, Van Nuys CA Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier

It's in Durago, only 75 miles away. I'm all atingle with gleeful anticipation. What was it I ordered agsin? :huh:

It arrived. There is nothing incorrect on the address at all. I guess it just got thrown on the wrong truck...repeatedly. :D

Every few months there is a news story about some long lost letter that finally arrived 50, 60, 70 years after it was mailed. I always wonder where the heck it has been all that time, and how it finally was found.

I

I used to live next door to a mailman. Based on what I saw of him, I'm not surprised of delays of a few decades. ;)

Annie Lee (God bless her) sent me six pint jars of blackberry jam by USPS. Correct address, no tracking, no explanation, they just vanished..... for about seven weeks.

When they showed up on my porch I opened them to find one jar spoiled, but the rest were still good. The package wasn't even banged up, everything looked just fine.

When I called her to tell her I had them her comment was "No s---?! I was sure some mail carrier had eaten them."

Back in the days of actual film for photography, I ordered some exotic sized pro film from Kodak. It left Rochester NY via next day air delivery (it was July so next day was needed due to heat) for Philadelphia PA. It arrived 12 days later. Kodak replaced it for free, despite FedEx's culpability in diverting it to CA where it sat for more than a week before someone re-read the zip code as 19118 instead of 91118, which is where it was delivered and where it was sitting as undeliverable.

Archived