SASS Wire Forum

Good News for Marlin 1894 owners

Widder, SASS #59054

Alot of us have experienced the brakage of the washer/spring/plunger parts that are used on the new style carriers (1894) for the past several years.

And when one of those broke off, particularly the retaining washer, we were forced to buy a whole new carrier from Marlin or another vendor.

ANYHOW, it appears that an independant gunsmith has started manufacturing a 'kit' with a 'hardened' plunger,spring and E-clip.

Now, some of us can carry a spare 'kit' without having to buy and tune up a whole new carrier.

I've been told that initially, 100 of these kits will be available soon and probably more will be available later.

I don't think I can use this forum to post the vendor but ifn any of you want to know more, send me a PM or call me.

865/215-3059 today

865/984-4455 evenings

p.s. - No, I am not the vendor nor do I get any royalties off of their sales. I am privy to get forknowledge of them and acquire me a couple of them before they hit the market.

Hopes this helps some of you and I hope you've saved those old carriers.

..........Widder

Widder, there is actually even more good news for Marlin folks.....it appears the new run of 1894's in 44 mag are showing up. Friend of mine purchased one brand new in the box recently. Pretty rough but better than previous Remlins. AND more of these are showing up on auction sites, which seem to be driving down the cost of Marlins. Brand new in the box on aution sites they are right around $600. They appear to not have any other calibers out yet from what I have seen other than 44 mag.....

just an FYI.

BD

Darn Widder I thought that you might have retired and where in business working on Marlins! Ace :)

Darn Widder I thought that you might have retired and where in business working on Marlins! Ace :)

Thanks Buckshot. I know a lot of folks, Cowboy and non-Cowboy, like to hear news like that.

ACE: I still plan to retire in February and have my license to open up shop. I think Slick is still wanting me to move down to Louisiana and go to work for him..... :lol:

But I think I'll stay in TN.

..........Widder

wider, pm me the info please....

Just broke one of them critters on my wife's rifle couple weeks ago. This is a lifesaver. Can you PM the info to me.

Thanks

Thanks Buckshot. I know a lot of folks, Cowboy and non-Cowboy, like to hear news like that.

ACE: I still plan to retire in February and have my license to open up shop. I think Slick is still wanting me to move down to Louisiana and go to work for him..... :lol:

But I think I'll stay in TN.

..........Widder

Widder.....why don't you just compromise and move on down to Georgia....for a nominal fee I'll rent you space on my gunbench :lol:

Are these only needed newer marlins. Mine are around 13 to 15 years old. Smoking Gator

Gator,

I don't know the exact year of the change but if your present carrier uses the 'plunger' style pin in the carrier, then these new parts would work.

If your carrier uses the previous 'rocker' style arm on the carrier, this 'kit' will not repair that type carrier.

Have a good day.

..........Widder

Mornin' Widder...

My wife Lacey has a couple 1894 Spur Marlins..

they're maybe 5 years old...

If I need these parts with that age of gun and short stroke please PM me..

If I don't need 'em.. nevermind :)

Rance ;)

Thinkin' I'll bet I need a couple :blush:

and.. uuuhh.. What kit do I ask fer? :wacko:

Mornin Ranch,

I could be wrong, but its my understanding that SPUR built his carriers without using these 'plunger' style items.

Of the couple SPUR's I have seen, he used the rocker arm (atleast that's what I call them) and I doubt you need this 'Kit'.

Hopefully, someone with more knowledge on those will post some info.

I think Cheyenne has both style carriers and he may post some info.

..........Widder

I'd like the information if you'd PM me with it Widder.

Fillmore

Nice! I want one for my emergency kit!

the spurs that I have both have the rocker (old style) lifters,,,,

FILLMORE: Your box is full and can't receive any new message.

I.M. Crossdraw: PM sent

KEY: email sent.

I think I've replied to everyone's post and PM so far. If you haven't heard back from me, send me another PM.

thanks

..........Widder

FILLMORE: Your box is full and can't receive any new message.

I.M. Crossdraw: PM sent

KEY: email sent.

I think I've replied to everyone's post and PM so far. If you haven't heard back from me, send me another PM.

thanks

..........Widder

Please try again Widder, I cleared it out.

Fillmore

me?

hey wider, I made space,,,, thanks a lot!!!

WHAT???????????

sumone's in truble agin....... <_<

Calico Mary,

let me tell you a secret. The beloved Shy Annie that you think you know ain't zackly 'shy'.

and you ain't his only secret admirer. The man's probably got more women 'friends' than Solomon had concubines and wifes put together.

I've known some women pay alittle money for a lock of his hair.

The Geisha Twins adore him ALMOST as much as they adore Wed Wiver Way.

Obama wants to create a 'love tax' and put penalties on all the women who send him emails and such.

Law Enforcement officials issue curfews in certain Southern towns when he heads down to Florida.

Just thought you would want to know.

Hey, I don't make this stuff up.

..........Widder

oh boy, thanks again wider..... maybe I outta make yur wife a wider.....

Widder, there is actually even more good news for Marlin folks.....it appears the new run of 1894's in 44 mag are showing up. Friend of mine purchased one brand new in the box recently. Pretty rough but better than previous Remlins. AND more of these are showing up on auction sites, which seem to be driving down the cost of Marlins. Brand new in the box on aution sites they are right around $600. They appear to not have any other calibers out yet from what I have seen other than 44 mag.....

just an FYI.

BD

Man I hope some 357s start showing up soon.

Archived