SASS Wire Forum

NC State Match Winners for 2014

Shamrock Sadie

Congratulations to Sixgun Sallie, Top Overall Cowgirl and to Red River Ray, Top Overall Cowboy at the NC match. Well done!

Congrats to all of the category winners as well!

The NC match committee outdid themselves once again. Great match...looking forward to next year.

Congrats to Sixgun Sallie and Red River Ray.

I was on a posse with Ray and he shot a very good match, no doubt.

The match, stages and set up were First Rate.....all the way.

TEN super good stages. And Posse 8 was GREAT.

Thanks to all the NC Pards for hosting this spectacular match. I plan to be back next year.

..........Widder

That was a great match!! It's now on my "Gotta attend" List.

When I grow up I wanna shoot like Red River Ray!

Well my boy Ray pulls another one out, and Sallie, well she runs with most of the top shooters period. Both good folks to ride with. Congrats to you both.

Dang It.

I can't say it any better than that.

Congrats friends!

I missed my own homestate match year and vowed to not let it happen again.

I am glad that was able to shoot.

Great set-up, stages, vendors and directors. Great cowboys from as far away as Oregon.

Congratulations to RRR and Sallie and all of the other categories winners!

Way to go WWW....

KK

Anyone have any info on the scores?

I'll say this again.....I've been to this match in 2011, 2012 and 2014. ALL THREE State matches have been a shooters dream match.

And some of the stages were a GFer's dream to do it 'your way'. One of the stages had 5 huge targets. they were required to shoot 4 shots each with 10 rifle and 10 pistol. I had a blast with rifle starting on plate 5 and shot the stage in this manner:

5555 4444 33 and then Pistols: 1-3-1-3-1-2-1-2-2-2. What a blast.

..........Widder

My first time to the N C State Match and I don't intend for it to be my last. Posse 7/8 rocked, it was a fun, well run match. Met a lot of new friends including Key Hay who traveled the farthest I'm sure. Widder was smoking in the side matches, won three of them.

Congrats to Sallie and Ray and all Category winners.

Who won the Shoot-off?

Have the scores been posted anywhere?

Randy

My first time to the N C State Match and I don't intend for it to be my last. Posse 7/8 rocked, it was a fun, well run match. Met a lot of new friends including Key Hay who traveled the farthest I'm sure. Widder was smoking in the side matches, won three of them.

Congrats to Sallie and Ray and all Category winners.

Who won the Shoot-off?

Have the scores been posted anywhere?

Randy

+1 on the scores too!

Great shootin with RRR, Widder, Sisco and Randy. Comin back next year!

Dang Chris, way to go soldier. This guy is Army and gettin' ready to retire. One fast and consistent shootin' machine. Wait 'til the buddies in Colorado hear about this!!

Yep we had a great time.....and that all the folks that worked hard to make it happen. Congrats to RRR & Sallie who managed to take the top spots as well as the NC state titles.

Thank you to EVERYONE who worked so hard at this match! It was very well organized, a ton of fun and we had a great time! I LOVED being a part of Posse 3 & 4 but felt like I was a member of every posse - that was how friendly and fun it was! Thank you also to the match committee - Earl E. Bird, and his crew, for having us as your custom ear plug vendors. We really appreciate the support of the cowboys and cowgirls! We look forward to coming back next year!

Congrats to Red River Ray & Sixgun Sallie and all the NC State Champions - especially my friend, Loco Linda, B Western Ladies CHAMPION!

Scarlett Darlin' 96680 & Mac Tin 99527

Tego Ear Gear

Congratulations to WedWiverWay and Sallie on their great shooting.

Thanks to all that came and played with the Carolina Cowboys and supported the Uprising.

Scores are up: http://ncstatematch.org/2014%20Match%20Results/2014_nc_state_championship_final.htm

See y'all next year.

JM

I sure hope to be there again.

Even the Geisha Twins enjoyed their short stay. They hung around WWW's trailer a short spell, probably long enough to give WWW a little massage, and then had to fly out to Colorado to the innagural 'Wacky Backie' convention. Go Figure.

Before they left, they said to be sure and give their best regards to Wed Wiver Way, Free Cup, Row Y'all Bonds, Zhay em Braun, and Karo Lino Zhack and a host of other pards and pardettes.

p.s. - JM, they also said you look cute runnin around on that little 'Foar Reeler'.

Hey, I don't make this stuff up.

..........Widder

Thanks JM for the scores and a great match.

Randy

Hey Randy,

really enjoyed shooting with you and Key this weekend, plus all the others on Posse 7 and 8.

Anyhow, I think the Twins are planning a short trip to Wartrace in October. I know they like to eat at the Bell Buckle.

Hopefully, see ya before then.

.........Widder

Hey Randy,

really enjoyed shooting with you and Key this weekend, plus all the others on Posse 7 and 8.

Anyhow, I think the Twins are planning a short trip to Wartrace in October. I know they like to eat at the Bell Buckle.

Hopefully, see ya before then.

.........Widder

Enjoyed shooting with all the folks on posse7 and 8 - a good group of cowboys/cowgirls. Always nice to shoot with some that we do not get to see as often - Widder, Randy and Key . Hope to make it over to TN again this year ....

Tracker Mike,

You, my friend, are a pleasure to shoot with and ya dun one heck of a job as Posse Marshall and one of the key TO's.

really enjoyed watching you do the 'double cocker' style as GF.

For now, I plan to shoot the GF category at the TN State. The SrGF category could very well be one of the most competitive categories at the TN State with possibilities of:

Yankee Dutchman

Pleasant

Sudden Sam (I think)

Reno Mustang

and.....YOU.

and quite possibly: Keystone, Lightning McCoy, El Carrera, etc..................

and I know I'm forgetting someone.

Hope to see you sooooooooon. Thanks for the great weekend and memories.

..........Widder

Enjoyed shooting with all the folks on posse7 and 8 - a good group of cowboys/cowgirls. Always nice to shoot with some that we do not get to see as often - Widder, Randy and Key . Hope to make it over to TN again this year ....

Mike, we'd love to have you back this year, I plan to be back next year this was a fun match

I've posted a report to my blog from the North Carolina State Championship with links to scores and a few pictures.

Archived