SASS Wire Forum

CLASSIC COWGIRL AT WINTER RANGE CANCELLATION ALERT

Brother King, SASS #69031

MAJOR NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT!

There has been a cancellation at Winter Range in the category CLASSIC COWGIRL. This pares the list down to 2 competitors. Therefore, according to a recent post by Larsen Pettifogger, someone will have to sign up or change categories in order for them to offer the category.

I threw my lid into the ring, but Larsen said that I'd have to wear something more appropriate and get the "M" on my driver's license changed to "F". :ph34r:

Here's your chance for a TOP 10 buckle, Ladies! :wub:

The Winter Range Application form in the category section provides:

Winter Range only offers the following categories. Men’s categories with less
than 10 competitors and Ladies categories with less than 3 competitors will be
eliminated. Shooters in effected categories will be notified and have the option
of choosing another category or receiving a refund.
The minimum numbers are a requirement of Winter Range's contract with SASS. The kiddie categories are exempt.

Hi Folks,

We discussed this type of thing at the summit. My notes are that many TGs favor honoring a womens' and childs' categories regardless of the number of participants.

Regards,

Allie

I agree, we're trying to get more ladies and kids into this sport right? This seems like a no-brainer!

Rye :wacko:

Well, both the Canadian and American governments have granted me the required paperwork in time, and I will have my Christmas presents (new .45 pistols and a hammered double) down south with me. Hopefully I can get enough practice in and be ready for Winter Range....who should I send the official request for a category change to?

Serenity

The Winter Range Application form in the category section provides:

Winter Range only offers the following categories. Men’s categories with less
than 10 competitors and Ladies categories with less than 3 competitors will be
eliminated. Shooters in effected categories will be notified and have the option
of choosing another category or receiving a refund.
The minimum numbers are a requirement of Winter Range's contract with SASS. The kiddie categories are exempt.

Good grief-What is SASS going to do if WR allows this class with only 2 lady shooters? :rolleyes:

Somedangtimes, you just have to do whatz 'rite' :excl: To say nut'n, about be'n fair and just :excl:

If you want more gals in this game-THEN PROVE IT :excl:

The key word here is, LEADERSHIP. ;)

LG

Lumpy Dear,

I think that the keyword here is Contract. :o;):P I would not advise anyone to defy a contract that they agreed to.

Although SASS may not take legal action, they sure could decide not sign a contract in the future with a group that defied a contract they had.

Regards,

Allie Mo

PS Contracts can modified after they have been signed if all parties agree. :)

IMNSHO-SASS/HQ knows all to well what a "cash-cow" WR is for SASS.

Don't really think for one minute that SASS would do much over this issue. The bad PR that SASS would see would drop m'ship more than ever.

Remember, that sometimes in life. It's easier to beg for forgiveness, than it is to seek permission........ ;)

YMMV,

L(troublemaker)G

Well, both the Canadian and American governments have granted me the required paperwork in time, and I will have my Christmas presents (new .45 pistols and a hammered double) down south with me. Hopefully I can get enough practice in and be ready for Winter Range....who should I send the official request for a category change to?

Serenity

GREAT! Just send a note to Sunshine Kay in registration.

register@winterrange.com

I am going to go against the grain and get flamed here.

But that's ok.

Personally. I think making at least 3 in a category for a National Championship is a good thing.

And hope they stick to it at the National's and the World Championships.

Flame away. I got my big boy pants on.

P.S. This will effect friends of mine. And I am sorry for that. But still feel it is the right

thing to do for such a big Championship.

I think 3 is a good minimum and I thank Serenity for steppin' up and being willin'. Being a CLASSIC COWBOY or CLASSIC COWGIRL is all about "being willin'" to going the extra step in our great game. That "extra step" includes wearing more apparel, shooting duelist or double duelist, shootin' the big bores, and encouraging others. You may be the only one in the CLASSIC CATEGORY or you may have to shoot in another category, but you are no less a CLASSIC and by doing so, proves my point.

Ghost

The mere idea that a ladies category would be eliminated is just incredible silly beyond belief. I would strenuously promote Cattle Baroness and Grand Patroness as well.

My concern for my category is if the other 2 guys were to pass away before thay made it to the venue! :-)

The cost of having an extra belt buckle or other memento for one or two ladies category winners is so minuscule that the BS about cancelling one of their categories is really sadly sick!

If our membership was increasing or even remaining stable, the mistake might not hurt but with declining numbers, we cannot use bad PR with our ladies.

To me it is not about the cost of the buckle or award.

It is about the meaning of the Championship itself.

To win a National Championship should have more meaning

than just beating one person.

Heck only having 3 in a category in a match the size of that one is sad.

:-) The main achievement in Grand Patron and Cattle Baron is to out live your competitors! :-) For most shooters, the most rewarding experience at matches is just having fun with guns alongside of like minded pards. The most amusing feature of this forum is the huge disparity between younger competitive types and older shooters that just are grateful to be alive and still able to compete. :-) Flexibility of viewpoint is not a characteristic of the young! The really old and the really young kids plus a lot of the ladies look at CAS as a really enjoyable way to spend a day, a weekend or a week. Luckily, we all have a good time in our own way. :-)

I agree Mud.

And if you are there to just have fun shooting with friends.

Then the category that you compete in should not matter to you.

To me. National Champion and World Champion should mean something.

If not. Then it just another monthly match.

Anvil. Who is real close to ordering off the Sr menu.

You shoot a certain category all of the time and for some odd reason nobody else signs up, or for one reason or another, others of those who do shoot that category are not able to attend. The category is a S.A.S.S. approved category. Now you're going to roll whoever is left into some other category! Buffalo Twinkies!! Bull Hockey!! You can bet your sweet posterior I'd pitch a B!TC# about it!! Just plain WRONG!!! Then I'd demand a complete refund as well!! And if you allowed yourself to be chivied into signing some form of contract like that, you're just plain WRONG too!!!

If it is a standard SASS catagory it should roll if only one person signs up period.

If it is an add-on catagory then I can understand the need for x amount of people to participate. Al I do understand your point of view but as a shooter that's been shooting a catagory for however long and then to have it pulled due to no fault or control of thier own ain't right.

I could see giving them 3 options.

1. Shoot in the category with the men.

2. Let them pick a new category.

3. 100% refund.

But hope like heck it makes it to the required 3.

Sounds like it's going to.

It is sad if a category does not get the minimum number of shooters but we all knew (if we read the application) that a category with less than the minimum would be eliminated. I'm not saying it is right or wrong, just saying that it was stated up front.

Blackfoot

It COULD happen that all other FC Duellists could decide to shoot a different category and not tell me. Well, it could! I would take Al's option 2 with no rancor on my part. Most Wanted, we know it could happen and if it does we know the rules going in. Hate to see it happen, wasn't it Ladie's Gunfighter last year?

Serenity, you rock!!!!

+1 and I've seen her shoot! Serenity may be the new Nat'l Champion Classic Cowgirl.

Can't wait to see y'all again. Let's have a Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl posse.... what say all y'all CLASSIC COWBOYS?

+1 and I've seen her shoot! Serenity may be the new Nat'l Champion Classic Cowgirl.

Can't wait to see y'all again. Let's have a Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl posse.... what say all y'all CLASSIC COWBOYS?

Serenity :)

CLASSIC POSSE :)

Ghost

Maybe Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl should open up to allow .38 special/.357 shooters with all other restrictions/requirement intact. It would open the category up to more people who started off with these calibers and cannot afford extra gear.

(Quickly dives into cover before the flaming starts)

Maybe Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl should open up to allow .38 special/.357 shooters with all other restrictions/requirement intact. It would open the category up to more people who started off with these calibers and cannot afford extra gear.

(Quickly dives into cover before the flaming starts)

There are already two categories where people can shoot .38 or .357 in duelist style and wearing the CC costumes. They are Duelist and Age-Based Categories.

There are already two categories where people can shoot .38 or .357 in duelist style and wearing the CC costumes. They are Duelist and Age-Based Categories.

:)

Ghost

Serenity :)

CLASSIC POSSE :)

Ghost

I think 3 is a good minimum and I thank Serenity for steppin' up and being willin'. Being a CLASSIC COWBOY or CLASSIC COWGIRL is all about "being willin'" to going the extra step in our great game. That "extra step" includes wearing more apparel, shooting duelist or double duelist, shootin' the big bores, and encouraging others. You may be the only one in the CLASSIC CATEGORY or you may have to shoot in another category, but you are no less a CLASSIC and by doing so, proves my point.

Ghost

Well said, Classic posse sounds like fun, but I have a Buckerette sidekick who isn't quite ready for big bore.

Willie, I bet if Kota made up her mind to shoot CC, she would do it! She is one great little shooter. Everyone, watch out!!

Thanks Skye, she is looking forward to Lady Gunfighter.

Archived