SASS Wire Forum

Good day generally. Except for the visit from the Dr.

Utah Bob #35998

Pests! Not sure if I need a rat trap, 1911, or sonic screwdriver.

yur silly!

My daughter and her husband are DOCTOR Who freaks and tell me that DOCTOR WHO is always spelled out because it's an acronym for TORCHWOOD, some sort of super secret organization.

My SiL compiled a complete compendium of all the episodes for her Christmas gift, with cross references and pictures, and color codes for all the episodes they have, tho one they haven't, and a few that were lost for some reason and aren't likely to ever be available.

She gave him a refrigerator "skin" that turns their double door Kelvinator into a Tardis.

I think they are nuts.

Count how many times the Doctor cocks that SAA in the first minute or so...without firing it.

& he gets a SDQ for handing it off while still cocked. :o

(sorry...couldn't help it)

;)

:P

Matt Smith's last show as the Doc, was last night and it was a good one.

Hard to believe that the series has been run'n for over 50 years.

Happy to see Ripper Street coming back after 'we' were told it was a CXL.

LG

My daughter and her husband are DOCTOR Who freaks and tell me that DOCTOR WHO is always spelled out because it's an acronym for TORCHWOOD, some sort of super secret organization.

My SiL compiled a complete compendium of all the episodes for her Christmas gift, with cross references and pictures, and color codes for all the episodes they have, tho one they haven't, and a few that were lost for some reason and aren't likely to ever be available.

She gave him a refrigerator "skin" that turns their double door Kelvinator into a Tardis.

I think they are nuts.

I would have to agree that they may be on the extreme end of the spectrum. I just watch it for amusement. :D

I would have to agree that they may be on the extreme end of the spectrum. I just watch it for amusement. :D

You have to admit, it's strange when people get all dressed up and get together with a bunch of friends on the weekend and play make believe.

Sort of leaves you wondering what they're all about - dontcha know . . .

SC

You have to admit, it's strange when people get all dressed up and get together with a bunch of friends on the weekend and play make believe.

Sort of leaves you wondering what they're all about - dontcha know . . .

SC

Yeah they sound like a bunch of weir.....hey wait a minute! :huh:

Yeah they sound like a bunch of weir.....hey wait a minute! :huh:

Between us, Santa and I got my daughter the complete series 1-7 DVDs of Dr. Who. Most popular gift we've given over the years!

I havn't even seen it yet - scared of addiction - if the western clip is a cogent example, I don't need to see it?

Between us, Santa and I got my daughter the complete series 1-7 DVDs of Dr. Who. Most popular gift we've given over the years!

I havn't even seen it yet - scared of addiction - if the western clip is a cogent example, I don't need to see it?

Dr Who is a British TV legend, a series that has gone on for 50 years and through at least a dozen actors playing

the good time lord. It is campy, silly, sometimes wonderful, and above all it's a TV show.

No point in trying to take it serious, it's just for entertainment... and it's far more entertaining than any reality show

out there.

The latest set - starting with Eccleston in 2005 and going up to the new Dr. (Capaldi) introduced on Christmas, are at

least a bit better filmed, the technology of the sixties was not good for aliens!

The show honors its heritage (a fan base that has lasted 50 years) but tries to evolve, so like Star Trek and many

other TV shows, it has a following, some of whom get a mite strange.

It's worth trying out - you might like it, or you might find it silly. But it probably won't cause mind rot like Honey BooBoo

or so many other shows . . . .

Shadow Catcher

Must be a Mormon thing. Relatives are Mormon, 5 kids all dress up Dr. Who parts, Kids are named after some of the characters. When one was 3 years old recited a 5 minute long statement from the Who. They go to all the parties. Oh yes, those are not just character names, those are their names. Can't imagine dressing up for weekends and playing some sort of game. Fantasy land, some psycho make believe ideas. Can't imagine that, really weird :lol::o<_<:)

That's great, my daughter also love the series. I think my the whole family is addicted

The more intense fans refer to themselves as "Whovians."

Just look at the Oxford Dictionary:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/english/Whovian

And if a sonic screwdriver doesn't work, try a subsonic hammer!

Archived