SASS Wire Forum

You know you're getting old when......

Clay Mosby

When you start getting discounts.

My son-in-law is a fiend for discounts and has infested me with the bug. I walk around with pockets full of coupons and always ask if they give discounts for senior citizens, veterans, college grads (You'd be surprised. We just saved $400.00 a quarter on our auto/homeowners package), AAA, NRA, AARP (I'd personally rather pay full price), Alcoholics Anonymous (always good for a laugh), or the Grange.

Mary started getting white hair before she was 20. Lots of white hair by 30. Completely white by 40. She'd always go in to get motel room or tickets or pay at restaurant and they would almost always give her the senior discount. That didn't bother her. What bothered her was when women 20 and 30 years older assumed she was her age. "You remember back in the war when you had to save stamps to buy butter and gas."

Or when you mention to someone about seeing Peter, Paul and Mary in concert and they look at you and say "Who were they?"

Baltimore, Maryland. 1966. I had just returned from almost 4 years in Germany and had to hire a baby sitter for our two children.

I knew I was getting old when.

I come home from work eat dinner sit on the couch and fall asleep .

Then My kids would wake me up and tell me its time to go to bed . :blush:

...when you're trying to figure out what all you have to do to roll off of your health insurance and onto medicare...

...transition period will be here in 5 months...

...but who's counting??? -_-

...when you're trying to figure out what all you have to do to roll off of your health insurance and onto medicare...

...transition period will be here in 5 months...

...but who's counting??? -_-

Go to the SS office. The ones around here really work to make it as simple as possible.

'Course for me that was 10 years ago.

When you turn 50 and you start getting ads from funeral homes wanting to sale you a plan!

I'm 28 and just got one. I know I've been in the hospital a few times this year but jeez.

I knew I was getting old when I signed my Medicare card.

It took me a long time after the Medicare card with my name on it arrived before I worked up the wherewithal to sign it. :blush:

when you find yourself standing in the bathroom with absolutely no clue as to why you're there.

And you look in the mirror and see your grandpa!

I started getting gray hair in my early thirties. It used to piss me off when they asked if I wanted the Senior Discount. Now I'm like Forty Rod. Carry the coupons and GIMMETHEDAMNDISCOUNT! :lol:

I think I earned it.

I'm Facebook friends with a girl I Went to HS with. (haven't seen her since) I thought she was pretty sporty. she turned 55 last week. I thought Holy Smoke, Lisa is 55? How could that be......

when the sweet young things are the age of your daughter, but it gets worse!

When the sweet young things are just older than your granddaughter.

When your wife gets out of a restroom before you do.

pb

When you wake up in the morning all sore and you feel like you had a great workout the day before.......only you realize you didn't work out at all. :blink:

Archived