SASS Wire Forum

Should I keep her?

Dorado

Well, I had a shoot today and got my truck loaded and as I was leaving I went to say bye to my border collie Bo. When I look over and see another one in the back yard. She's too big to have gotten in by herself so someone had to have put her in there. She's a sweet little puppy about 12 weeks old with a great temperament. But now I'm torn. I don't want another dog but she's so cute.

I'm going to hold on to her for a week or so and see if anyone shows up looking for her. If not I think I'll keep her. Til then I'm calling her Bailey. I'll try to get a picture of her. She doesn't hold still for very long.

I guess so. She's curled up asleep at the back door right now.

Oh my gosh, I want her! I've been really missing my Murphy dog since we had to put him down a month or so ago. We agree that we should wait until after we move to get another dog, but at the rate we're getting the house ready to sell, that could be years from now.

If someone don't show up to claim her, I reckon she's already claimed you!

She looks like a real sweetie. If she isn't claimed, you might want to get her thoroughly checked out by a vet to make sure she wasn't dumped because she's ill. If she checks out OK, it looks like you and Bo have a buddy.

Go with your heart.

Several years ago I go out into the back yard and there were FIVE big black puppies (inside our chain link fence which the smallest wouldn't fit under). Of course my DW wanted to keep them ALL (in addition to our two dogs and two cats!). Fortunately a friend of ours runs a pet adaption, and found homes for them. They looked to be Lab/Chow crosses and were gonna be BIG dogs!

JHC

I'm planning to get her checked by a vet as soon as I can. So far no one has claimed her. She eats like a pig! And has been coming out of her shell, She has a lot of personality.

Amigo... God put her there for a reason... She needs to be with you... She is a sweety and they knew were the one to take care of her... She will do you more good than you know...

Vaya con Dios

Flint and the rest are right - they do the picking. They're just smart enough to make us think we had a hand in the decision!

Looks like you've got a second great dog.

Like it or not Pard -ya got a dog. Or another child....... Same thing at my house it seems.......Permenant 4 year olds.

Yup, I think she's staying. Now I just need to gather up funds for her shots and check up at the vet. I'm looking at about $100. Problem is I liquidated my bank account getting my transmission rebuilt in my F350. But I did get her a dewormer medication that seems to be helping her a lot. She has SO much energy it's crazy. She's feisty! Chomped down pretty good on my ear a little while ago. And has been giving Bo quite a hard time. I'll see if I can't upload a picture or a video of the two.

Got a little video of the two knuckleheads playing. lol

We live in the rural foothills of north San Diego county and unfortunately people dump their unwanted pets along our access road and driveway. A pregnant pot bellied pig, an emu, peacocks (many),kittens (many), puppies (many) and it is really a challenge to find homes for them all. I have a really hard time turning them over to the pound. The people that dump these poor things are cruel, heartless, SOB's IMHO of course. Needless to say we have quite a menagerie.

Yep it looks like ya'll got a new life long buddy!! Best of luck with her and keep posting the pictures. She's a real cutie.

Archived