SASS Wire Forum

Gun stores in Phoenix

Dapper Dynamite Dick

The wife and I are heading down to our 1st Winter Range, in a couple of weeks before the match and were wondering what are the gun stores that we just can't miss and any other recommendations for doing the tourist thing in Phoenix?

Drive to Mesa and visit Wild West Mercantile, one of the match sponsors. I always bring something home from their bargain bin. While in Mesa I usually stop at one of the orchards on the north side of town and purchase a few cases of fresh citrus. Grapefruits are in season during Winter Range.

Yep, WWM is a must see. I also recommend taking a trip to the Dillon store. ;)/>

I could have a lot of fun at both places if I had Philly's credit card :D

Not so much with mine, merchants seem to think my name is 'declined' when I use it.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=gun%20stores%20in%20mesa%20az&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDgQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ajisports.com%2F&ei=Qi_9UM_kHOfM2QW12IGoAg&usg=AFQjCNGsK_wmEuC0ks8dslsi85XUGz885g&bvm=bv.41248874,d.b2I

The AJI store is generally well stocked and they are friendly. I like Legendary, though it is a bit of a drive for me. If you are looking for big box stores, we have Cabelas in Glendale, a couple of Sportsmans Warehouses and a Bass Pro shop in Mesa. It is difficult to say on some of these what they have in stock as some days have slim pickins due to hyper demand.

Yeah me too, but Sour Kraut won't let me have it. :(/>

Well, maybe she will let me borrow it, just for one day. I promise!

Legendary Guns is a GREAT place to while away an afternoon!

Not gun stores, but just to the north at exit 242 is the Rock Springs Cafe. Good food & great pie.

Barry Sloe

it's always fun going to Dillon Precision. if you reload on a Dillon Press you can call ahead and set up a deal where you drop off a press before WR starts and pick it up at the end of the match rebuilt and ready to go. and you can get a tour of the facilities. no free samples though. they, and my wife, got mad when i asked for a complimentary Blue Press cover model to take home with me.

it's always fun going to Dillon Precision. if you reload on a Dillon Press you can call ahead and set up a deal where you drop off a press before WR starts and pick it up at the end of the match rebuilt and ready to go. and you can get a tour of the facilities. no free samples though. they, and my wife, got mad when i asked for a complimentary Blue Press cover model to take home with me.

A couple of years ago I asked about a job interviewing and choosing the cover girls. They said no. I was bummed.

Buffalo Chip out in Cave Creek is not to far from the range and not a bad place to eat.

This is a post that youhopeinGod, SK never sees. :huh:/>

Be hard for you to shoot in a FULL BODY CAST....... :lol:/> :P/>

LG

Notice my exact words, "Never thought of asking for one of THOSE."

Why?

Because I :wub: Sour Kraut so much the thought never crossed my mind. :)

(And a body cast would be less painful than getting body parts shot off. :( )

Notice my exact words, "Never thought of asking for one of THOSE."

Why?

Because I :wub:/>/> Sour Kraut so much the thought never crossed my mind. :)/>/>

(And a body cast would be less painful than getting body parts shot off. :(/>/> )

SOOOOOooooooooo, that was an OOPS then, HUH? :lol:/> :lol:/>

Then there would be Ima :wub:/> that WE would BOTH have to deal with........ :o/>

SCARY......

LG

I could have a lot of fun at both places if I had Philly's credit card :D/>

Not so much with mine, merchants seem to think my name is 'declined' when I use it.

A

Hate to tell you this Dave, but Philly is NOT allowed to have credit cards. SourKraut said so.

This is a post that youhopeinGod, SK never sees. :huh:/>

Be hard for you to shoot in a FULL BODY CAST....... :lol:/> :P/>

LG

Too late, she already saw it. Ask Philly where I aim...worse than being in a full body cast.

I would second AJI in Apache Junction. Jeff the owner is a great guy and speaks out on the news all the time for the second amendment. His daughter Taylor (very pretty lady) and her brothers help run the store. He always has some kind of cowboy guns in stock and other stuff as well and all kinds of accessaries.

Guns Plus in Surprise...Ken is a mounted shooter ta boot!

After Winter Range I stay at my sisters for 1-2 weeks engraving. I set up at Guns Plus for a day and do engraving at his shop! Real nice guy and a nice shop also! Probably will be there for 2 days this year if all goes well! So anyone needing engraving done after Winter Range...look me up..I'll be in the area until mid March!

Thanks for all the info, particularly the Mexican food restaurant!That should help fill in a couple of days.

Dynamite I hope your getting all this written down. Granny says that she hopes to do some shopping with Victoria so you and I may be forced to do the gunshop thing.

GB

Archived