Winter Range

Gold Canyon Kid #43974

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess I am out.

Just looked at Vendor Fee's

$415 bucks for a vendors fee?? Really?? :angry:

Think that is higher than last year. And the reason I am not going to go.

Guess they don't care as they get enough.

Shooters fee is not bad at all for that match. But just can not go along with that

high a vendor fee. Plus another $235 to rent a tent. That one I can understand.

But not the $415.

So guess they won't get my shooters fee either. And sure they won't care.

Guess I am out.

Just looked at Vendor Fee's

Guess they don't care as they get enough.

Shooters fee is not bad at all for that match. But just can not go along with that

high a vendor fee. Plus another $235 to rent a tent. That one I can understand.

But not the $415.

So guess they won't get my shooters fee either. And sure they won't care.

Well, Al, you are wrong about Winter Range not caring. We, Marcia/Weaver Gal and Robert/Dan Diamond, care very much about each and every Vendor. I personally talk to many of them numerous times before they even get to Winter Range. Then I help them get organized with a location and if they need anything else. I see every Vendor every day they are here at least 3 to 4 times a day to see how they are doing and if they need anything from me or Winter Range. Each Vendor and you if you look on our web site has my personal cell phone number to call me at anytime.

Our fees have not gone up in over five years even though our expenses to put on this huge match have. We use to require a $100 or more prize donation from every Vendor. This year, 2013, we are trying something different by having the Vendors give us a $50 cash donation in lieu of the past $100 prize donation. You don't have to rent a tent if you have a period correct tent.

We have sold out with participants for the past two years which means to you the Vendor that you would have over 750 Cowboys/Cowgirls and their respective family and friends as potential customers. In addition, there is the National Wild Bunch Championship and the West Coast National Mounted Championship and there is a Fast Draw event to round out the rest of Winter Range.

Last year we invested in the Vendors and Sponsors business by buying a huge block of radio air time from the top Country and Western station in this market. As a result every Vendor/Sponsor indicated to Winter Range that this was their best year ever! We also have depending on the weather and other things beyond our control anywhere from probably 5000 to 10,000 visitors from the Phoenix metropolitan market. We are doing the same again this year with the radio spots and we are adding remote location spots at Winter Range event this year.

Weaver Gal and myself are ALWAYS available for every Vendor and Sponsor. Even you may call me on my cell before flaming us here on the wire. SO, if you would like to talk to me about this, you are more than welcome to call me on my cell since that is all I carry. I would like to change your mind/opinion of us if possible.

Sincerely,

Dan Diamond

aka Robert Matthieu

Winter Range Vendor Co-Ordinator

Winter Range 2012 was the first one Sour Kraut and I ever attended. I think we made it half-way through the first day and had already decided we were coming back in 2013. Got our registrations in as soon as the applications were available and we're already itching to get there and start shooting. You can't imagine how much I'm looking forward to sneaking up behind Grizzly Dave and scaring the bajeebus out of him......................uhhhhhhh.................Crap, was that my out loud voice?...................Disregard............Move along folks...............Nothing to see here. B)

The Ghosts are going. Winter Range is big trip for us and a big expense, but it's hard to put a dollar cost on the amount of fun and fellowship we have.

One of the events we look forward to, although not directly related to Winter Range, is the CLASSIC COWBOY/COWGIRL DINNER and the CLASSIC COWBOY/COWGIRL SHOOTIST AWARDS. Last year we had over 150 attend the AWARD DINNER at the BUFFALO CHIP RESTAURANT not far from the Ben Avery Range.

Lady Ghost and I look forward to seeing our many friends again in February 2013 at Winter Range.

Kiowa Kid & I will be there! This is the best shoot. I have never heard a vendor unhappy that they came. They are always busy. Dan diamond and weaver gal take excellent care of their vendors, I do not think there is a shoot that cares more about every aspect of the shoot then WR. From the shooters to the vendors to the sponsors and the public that comes.

I can not wait to get there. I hope you change your minds because I love to shop and the more the merrier I say!

Painted Filly

Winter Range 2012 was the first one Sour Kraut and I ever attended. I think we made it half-way through the first day and had already decided we were coming back in 2013. Got our registrations in as soon as the applications were available and we're already itching to get there and start shooting. You can't imagine how much I'm looking forward to sneaking up behind Grizzly Dave and scaring the bajeebus out of him......................uhhhhhhh.................Crap, was that my out loud voice?...................Disregard............Move along folks...............Nothing to see here. B)

Maybe you should just quietly get my attention and shake my hand, you wouldn't want me to keel over from the shock, cuz then you'd be obliged to carry me off the range :D

Al,

Last year Gunstock and I went to WR for the first time. He was a vendor and I was a shooter. We got there a day or so early and let me say that the help and attention we received as vendors was unparalleled! Weaver Gal and Dan Diamond went above and beyond to meet our every need and question. A wonderful free dinner was provided for the vendors one evening, too. Every day someone would come around to see what they could do for us. I don't think we've ever been treated as well anywhere else we've been. As I am in charge of vendors for the Texican Rangers at Comancheria Days and at Plum Creek for the Texas State Match, I learned a lot from seeing how well they treat their vendors. I can hope to do as well!!

Miss Cubbie

P.S. I've already signed up again as a shooter just so I can meet Grizzzzz :lol: :lol: :lol:

You and Gunstock have to go, Miss Cubbie! Who else would be there 24/7 to watch Goatneck's guns? :lol:

I've already met Grizz. These days when I see him I step back to watch him charm the ladies. The man is a master, heck he could give classes or at least have a subscription website. B)

You and Gunstock have to go, Miss Cubbie! Who else would be there 24/7 to watch Goatneck's guns? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol::blush: Gunstock can't leave our shop for that long a time again, so he's staying here. Goatneck has already said that since Gunstock won't be there, he (Goatneck) can't be a vendor this year! :rolleyes:

Maybe you should just quietly get my attention and shake my hand, you wouldn't want me to keel over from the shock, cuz then you'd be obliged to carry me off the range :D

Yeah right, go ahead and ask Sour Kraut how well I meet my obligations. :P

OK.

After a few e-mails. (yes they was all nice0

I am thinking about it again.

Thinking? You're THINKING about it? Can you imagine how high we could make Grizzly Dave jump if we BOTH snuck up behind him and scared the bejeebus out of him? Come on man, DO IT!!! :lol:

Thinking? You're THINKING about it? Can you imagine how high we could make Grizzly Dave jump if we BOTH snuck up behind him and scared the bejeebus out of him? Come on man, DO IT!!! :lol:

You really think the two of ya together could sneak up on me?? :D OK, yeah, you probably could if you had some Saloon girls distracting me. Be nice to me, Painted Filly is my shopping buddy and she swings a mean purse!

Personally, I don't understand why anyone would charge a vendor fee. Vendors are part of the draw to a match or event. Wildcat watched vendors decline at Convention and quit going. She is talking up WR because of the number of vendors. This is her only draw. One shoot is pretty much the same as another to her. Why would a match discourage vendors with fees? Honest question, not a dig...

1351054854[/url]' post='2526117']

Personally, I don't understand why anyone would charge a vendor fee. Vendors are part of the draw to a match or event. Wildcat watched vendors decline at Convention and quit going. She is talking up WR because of the number of vendors. This is her only draw. One shoot is pretty much the same as another to her. Why would a match discourage vendors with fees? Honest question, not a dig...

Well, among other things tents aren't free, the city charges for the permits to hold the event and erect the vendor tents and Ben Avery charges for each vendor.

I can safely say that as a vendor and shooter the hospitality at Winter Range is superb. As a vendor several board members stopped by over the course of the week and asked if there was anything they could do for us. Winter Range is a massive and the cost of hosting the event is something few truly understand. It's not just another match. It's the premiere event in the world.

You really think the two of ya together could sneak up on me?? :D OK, yeah, you probably could if you had some Saloon girls distracting me. Be nice to me, Painted Filly is my shopping buddy and she swings a mean purse!

I ain't skeered. Painted Filly says I give great hugs so she wouldn't hit me. :lol:

(I hope :unsure: )

Hey Philly Slim remember you owe Grizzly Dave a swift kick in the back side from the US Open from me, Barkeep and Titus. BTW (can we get a ROLL TIDE outta ya) :lol: :lol: :lol: LSC

Hey that's right. Dave caused me to get kicked in the back side so many times my mind actually went blank and I forgot all about it. Thanks for the reminder. ;)

(That's a big negative on the ROLL TIDE. My dear friend from Prattville, the hard core Auburn fan, would skin me alive. :ph34r: )

Is it time to pack the car for Winter Range yet!!!!!!

Can not wait!

There will be plenty of hugs to go around guys! :)

Painted Filly

Winter Range is an amazing event in an amazing place. The portion of the Ben Avery facility used for the match turns into a small city with lots of out of town visitors! The trains generally run on time, the food is plentiful, the stages are fabulous, there are plenty of "extras" for non-shooting family members to entertain them and every single Rough Rider is as helpful and friendly as can be.

Is it a giant PITA to get there from the East Coast? Is it pretty expensive? Yup, it sure is. Worth every penny, too. In budget-busting times, we give up some of the other big matches to make sure we can do this one. Well worth it.

Winter Range is an amazing event in an amazing place. The portion of the Ben Avery facility used for the match turns into a small city with lots of out of town visitors! The trains generally run on time, the food is plentiful, the stages are fabulous, there are plenty of "extras" for non-shooting family members to entertain them and every single Rough Rider is as helpful and friendly as can be.

Is it a giant PITA to get there from the East Coast? Is it pretty expensive? Yup, it sure is. Worth every penny, too. In budget-busting times, we give up some of the other big matches to make sure we can do this one. Well worth it.

AND

I'll be there!

Dingo Dave and I will be there. This is our 4th Winter Range and we don't mind driving across the country to come to this shoot. Winter Range is a very well organized and fun shoot that is all about the shooters. You need to come to this shoot at least once. They do an awesome job......

Sixgun Sallie. :)

Archived