SASS Wire Forum

Winter Range

Gold Canyon Kid #43974

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had my app in for a while but just got my E-Mail from Sunshine Kay and now Hilda Billie is also a participant instead of a guest!! WaaaHooo! W/R here we come!

Just got my confrimation back today shooter #503 for my first Winter Range can't wait

Slide

Got my confirmation back also. Shooter 504 for my first Winter Range.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Got my confirmation today via e-mail. Shooter number 582, this will be my second WR was there year before last. Will be shooting Classic Cowboy in the main match and will also participate in a warm up match and the long range matches.

Scout

Registrations are coming in faster than last year. Two years ago the match was full at the end of December. Last year it was full in mid-December. This year it looks like it will fill by the first week of December. So, get your registrations in soon. :) We have lots of great things planned and are looking forward to seeing old friends and making some new ones. When we get closer to the match I'll try to post photos of construction on some new stage fronts.

Registrations are coming in faster than last year. Two years ago the match was full at the end of December. Last year it was full in mid-December. This year it looks like it will fill by the first week of December. So, get your registrations in soon. :) We have lots of great things planned and are looking forward to seeing old friends and making some new ones. When we get closer to the match I'll try to post photos of construction on some new stage fronts.

I'm all in!

Scout glad to hear you are enroute perhaps we can serve on the color guard again

Captain I'm looking forward to seeing your newest uniform.

My confirmation came Sunday night...#539...it appears to be filling up fast! Better get your registration in quick!!!

You and Gunstock have to go, Miss Cubbie! Who else would be there 24/7 to watch Goatneck's guns? :lol:/>

I've already met Grizz. These days when I see him I step back to watch him charm the ladies. The man is a master, heck he could give classes or at least have a subscription website. B)/>

I don't know how I overlooked that comment on page one before :D :D :D

I'm trying to find the number of shooters...am I missing it on the website? How many shooters will WR take?

I'm trying to find the number of shooters...am I missing it on the website? How many shooters will WR take?

The primary goal of Winter Range is to make sure the SHOOTERS have a great time. After years of looking at posse numbers at various matches it was determined that the ideal number of shooters on a posse is 20. So for years WR considered 20 shooters per posse times 36 posses = 720 shooters to be the ideal match capacity. Because of increasing demand we went with 21 shooters per posse two years ago and the limit on shooters was set at 756. (21 shooters x 36 posses = 756.) Last year there was overwhelming demand so we went with 22 shooters per posse and this bumped the shooter number up to 792. (22 shooters per posse x 36 posses = 792.) Since the number of posses cannot be increased beyond the 12 stages x 3 waves of shooters = 36, the max number of shooters will always be a right around 800. WR has not made a final decision on whether to have 21 or 22 person posses this year.

Larsen,

I'm shooter #56. I'm looking forward to seeing you there!

Major Payne :FlagAm:

Philly,

You're such a big guy, you could pick any category you like, no one's going to argue with you. :lol:

Major Payne

Finally got my verifications today from Sunshine Kay for Winter Range 2013. Shooters #338&339. Yeeeh, Haaaa pilgrims.

See you all on the Range:

Jackrabbit & Sly Puppy

See yous all down there and also on the long range if the wind is blowing my way and there is no snow to shoot in.

Philly,

You're such a big guy, you could pick any category you like, no one's going to argue with you. :lol:/>

Major Payne

Major, Iwl argue wit thit Philly silly slim fellur, wize I dun kict his butt wunce.... :P

Cheyenne :lol:

Larson, thank you for explaining how you come up with the number. Hope everyone that wants to go gets their entry in quick! ;)

Archived