SASS Wire Forum

A small crochet

This is a small peeve not directed at any pard, but at a phenomenon that is getting more common. I notice it lately a lot here and have been seeing it lately elsewhere, too.

This is just posting a link to a story, youtube, or whatever, without any real description of what the story is about. So you have to click on it to know anything of what the post is really about, or just pass on the post.

A few words of description in the text of the post is very helpful!

I've noticed the same thing and wholeheartedly agree.

It's gotten to where I see a whole raft of posts with just links to news stories or whatever and I just pass on all of them.

With a decent description of what they were, I could at least pick the ones I might find interesting.

Sheesh, guess there's always something to gripe about...:rolleyes:

click on the link or don't click on the link...

...you do a thread the way you want to and I will do a thread the way I want to.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I tend to agree with Red, but I don't lose sleep about it. I don't read every thread or click on every link. A clue to what I'm about to spend my time on is helpful however.

My 2 cents,

JHC

I understand. Only takes a second or two.

My sister used to crochet but it never interested me.

I don't have a link to any crochet related stuff.. :lol:

I understand. Only takes a second or two.

My sister used to crochet but it never interested me.

I don't have a link to any crochet related stuff.. :lol:

I will say I am amazed at how the gals take yarn and needles and hooks and make stuff hang together like that!

+1

It's a tradition that seems to last :)

I'm with Red on this one.

If I don't know where or what's on the other end of a link, I ain't clicking on it.

Getting more that way meownself.

I will say I am amazed at how the gals take yarn and needles and hooks and make stuff hang together like that!

My wife read that and she said she is even more amazed at how we men can take a yarn and weave up some of these tall tales we tell here in the Saloon. I think its all in the pride of "craftsmanship."

My wife read that and she said she is even more amazed at how we men can take a yarn and weave up some of these tall tales we tell here in the Saloon. I think its all in the pride of "craftsmanship."

I envy those fellows. It is an artform.

Oh, it moster more certainly is craftsmanship !

It takes lot of effort and whiskey to spin dem yards dat you ladies use !

I like crocheting, it's fun and relaxing :)

Din I best be gittin' back to work spinnin' !

Joe, I am impressed! Most men don't even have the faintest idea what tatting is! :lol:

You mean some people don't have their grandmothers tatting spools?

My grandmother didn't tat, but she could crochet anything! One of my aunt's did tatting, but I have no idea what happened to her stuff. All the women in my family up to my generation did some sort of craftwork, so it just seems natural to me. But I'm amazed at how many people nowdays, including those around my age, don't have a clue about any of it. I even know (gasp!) quite a few women that don't know how to sew!!! :blink:

Joe, I am impressed! Most men don't even have the faintest idea what tatting is! :lol:

It really isn't all that far removed from net making. Look at all the fancy knot work old time sailors and fishermen did.

I had fun with it...I'd "tat" with 3mm satin cord to make frogs for cloaks and such. Had to improvise the shuttles, or just carefully roll the cord into a ball and pray I didn't drop it.

Back to the original intent of this thread.

I personally am guiltier than most of putting a photo, video link, song, etc., without any description.

I shall remedy that situation in the future. Mainly as a courtesy to those who DO NOT have a high speed internet connection. If those with a dial-up connection are going to wait 5 minutes or longer for something I have posted to load, the least I can do is give them a verbal preview of what they can expect to see and hopefully the wait will be worth their effort and not a waste of time.

Professor Tull

If it's tat for men, what is it for the gals?

Being a product of the '50's, I've always heard it was Tit for Tat

Jake

Nope , still "tat." Although, Jake, your comment brings up some really interesting mental images.

Archived