SASS Wire Forum

Gold Plated Front Site

Bullett Sass 19707

Contact Mose Spencer.I think he does that.

Find a local plater if at all possible and call them. I used to be in the Polishing and Plating business 30 years ago and since it is such a small job, most likely they will charge T&M (Time and material. I would estimate 60-80 bucks, based on set up time necessary. It's a job that requires less than 1 hour's actual time but first, you would need to prep the sight by polishing, clean, wire it up and set it in the solution for plating. The most time consuming part would be removing the powder coating that Ruger puts on it's rear sights. If you are looking at having the front sight done, the cost will be about double, assuming that you had somebody remove the sight from the barrel and ramp. If you don't do that, don't even try to plate it.

I used premium gold paint on the sighting surface of the front sights on my adjustable sight .32s. Looks great and has been on for nine months. When it wears or dulls it is easy to remove and repaint.

I used premium gold paint on the sighting surface of the front sights on my adjustable sight .32s. Looks great and has been on for nine months. When it wears or dulls it is easy to remove and repaint.

What brand paint do you use? Industrail,Oil or water based?

hey Pard

sent ya a PM

I know a little bit about this . ;)

Mose

DITTO!

I've seen work done by Mose and Bella Spencer on sights and even other gold plating work on pistols and I must say, it is a professional job and indeed, looks great.

..........Widder

+1 for Mose and Bella.

Honey and I both had the sights on our Rugers gold plated last year at the Ohio State Shoot. It is truly a professional job and works great!

Smokin' Iron

Mose did Longbranch Kitty's guns and they are really special. Cylinder flutes are plated as is hammer, trigger and front sight.

Yep!! Mose 'n Bella are #1

hey Pard

sent ya a PM

I know a little bit about this . ;)

Mose

I don't suppose you will be attending any of the Texas 3 Step shoots and doing this fine work will you? ;)

I don't suppose you will be attending any of the Texas 3 Step shoots and doing this fine work will you? ;)

YES SIR !

We will are scheduled to be at the Texas State Match as long as WWWWWWWOrk :angry: does not get in the way. We will be at Comin At Cha for sure, but will only be doing sights by appointment since we are again going to be cooking at the MOSEIJUANNA GRILL :lol: . We would love to shoot all of the TEXAS 3 Steps unfortunately we have to work during the Raid on Fort Parker which is a match I was really looking forward to.

SEE YA ON A RANGE SOON

MOSE

Mose, just an inquiry.... How much do you charge for this job?

YES SIR !

We will are scheduled to be at the Texas State Match as long as WWWWWWWOrk :angry: does not get in the way. We will be at Comin At Cha for sure, but will only be doing sights by appointment since we are again going to be cooking at the MOSEIJUANNA GRILL :lol: . We would love to shoot all of the TEXAS 3 Steps unfortunately we have to work during the Raid on Fort Parker which is a match I was really looking forward to.

SEE YA ON A RANGE SOON

MOSE

Mose I sent you a couple PM's.

Hey Sgt I won't talk price since it would be comercial but you are real close on your guess earlier in the post.

I would love to talk with you some time and maybe learn a few tricks from your experiance. I hope maybe to see you in Sparta soon. I will be at every match there this year.

Hey Larson yes we will be at EOT would not miss it for any thing this year its gonna be great. I regret missing WR all ready it just could not fit in our schedule or budget this year.

THANKS to all who use our products we really do apreciate you all. " Your not just a cup your my friend yeah yeah friend FOR LIFE"

See Ya soon

MOSE

Dont think that all Mose does is Sights...........He and Bella can do lots of other gun parts. Next time ya see me at a shoot check out the Forend Cap on my 73......Bandit

Archived