SASS Wire Forum

If you could pick one....

Deja Vous

Person to be president who would it be? I think about this often, and many times my mind wanders to my past. How many people really convienced me that they could run this country is the burning question in my mind. yes, I do have a mind.. lol... So.. what does it take? To me the number one thing is honesty.... everything else will fall into place.

I really don't know. The candidates on the ticket all seem to talk about trust. But they mean trust in the govt. They don't mean trust in us. What happened to that?

The role of President is an interesting one. Leader, to a point. Can't make law. Can enforce via Justice dept. Must abide by the limits laid out in the Constitution. Must rely on a bicameral legislature, of which one or both houses is often in the hands of the other party. Which further limits what can be done. It's a tricky balancing act.

I don't know who would be best suited to that role, even if we had every citizen to choose from.

I really don't know. The candidates on the ticket all seem to talk about trust. But they mean trust in the govt. They don't mean trust in us. What happened to that?

The role of President is an interesting one. Leader, to a point. Can't make law. Can enforce via Justice dept. Must abide by the limits laid out in the Constitution. Must rely on a bicameral legislature, of which one or both houses is often in the hands of the other party. Which further limits what can be done. It's a tricky balancing act.

I don't know who would be best suited to that role, even if we had every citizen to choose from.

You beat me to it. The one thing that the POTUS does is sort of set the tone and heading for the Ship of State. That lets Congress know what he will stand for, and what he wants to try to accomplish.

I can't really see anyone that I would vote for. Pretty sad state of affairs, isn't it?

I often had to vote against someone, instead of for someone. In the 20th Century, I have three favorites, Ronald Reagan, Dwight D. Eisenhower, and Teddy Roosevelt. Of people who are still alive and U.S. citizens, I would choose David Petraeus.

I often had to vote against someone, instead of for someone. In the 20th Century, I have three favorites, Ronald Reagan, Dwight D. Eisenhower, and Teddy Roosevelt. Of people who are still alive and U.S. citizens, I would choose David Petraeus.

Did you vote for all of them?

I saw the heading . . . . and who it wuz that had started the thread , . . . .

..... "If you could pick one ? " . . . . :)

and my imidiate reaction to that heading . . . . :rolleyes:

. . .wuz that I would pick YOU Deja . . who else wud I pick ? . . huh . . -_-

..... then I opened the thread . . . and the big disapointment hit when I saw that it was about presidential candidates. . . . <_<:blink:

The best Presidents have been men who had the right sets of skills and capabilities to fit the particular times in which they served. I'm not certain that anyone knew that when they voted for them - I think it was more likely a fortunate coincidence when it happened.

Overall, strength of character, political finesse, the ability to project power, and a moral committment to try to do the right thing....

I've had my fingers poised over the keys for 20 minutes....everyone I know who fits the bill is either dead or close to it...

LL

The best Presidents have been men who had the right sets of skills and capabilities to fit the particular times in which they served. I'm not certain that anyone knew that when they voted for them - I think it was more likely a fortunate coincidence when it happened.

Overall, strength of character, political finesse, the ability to project power, and a moral committment to try to do the right thing....

I've had my fingers poised over the keys for 20 minutes....everyone I know who fits the bill is either dead or close to it...

LL

Yep . . a good outlook. I'm just trying to ignore all the political squabling and mudraking . . . and in November will vote for anybody that runs against the guy that is in the white house now. Simple.

The best person would be someone that had the interest of the people of the U.S. in mind, not their political stature or advancement. Someone that would make decisions based on what they believe and not make a decision based on political pressure from any particular party or partys.

I haven't voted for someone since Reagan. Always been against someone. Just no one worthy in congress at this time that I know of.

LL

The best person would be someone that had the interest of the people of the U.S. in mind, not their political stature or advancement. Someone that would make decisions based on what they believe and not make a decision based on political pressure from any particular party or partys.

Well said, gentlemen. I've come to the conclusion that Ford was one of the best we had. He knew, had to know because of how he came into office, that he was a place holder. Viet Nam was ending, we had just been through the Watergate debacle, economy was tanking. He gave us a sort of pause to take a deep breath and look around and say, "Yeah, it might be rough around the edges at times, but it works."

My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over. Our Constitution works; our great Republic is a government of laws and not of men. Here, the people rule. But there is a higher Power, by whatever name we honor Him, who ordains not only righteousness but love, not only justice, but mercy. ... let us restore the golden rule to our political process, and let brotherly love purge our hearts of suspicion and hate.

Yes, it seems that the good ones show their intelligence by not running.

Lee Iacoco(sp) was one that might have worked.

Then there was the black lady congresswoman from Texas(CRS)

that I hoped would run but she died instead.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Translated into English from an article in the Prague newspaper Prager Zeitungon on 04.28.2010.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The danger to America is not ___________, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follie an _______ presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. ______, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.

The Republic can survive a ____________, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Names deleted to keep from being political...

ts

Uncle TED NUGENT ! :huh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3KaJfGOJl0

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

It has to be difficult. But I believe like any job you have to staff yourself with the best help you can find. no one can do the best job at everything.

You beat me to it. The one thing that the POTUS does is sort of set the tone and heading for the Ship of State. That lets Congress know what he will stand for, and what he wants to try to accomplish.

I can't really see anyone that I would vote for. Pretty sad state of affairs, isn't it?

The hard part is not knowing when they are being honest, I dislike dishonest answers...

We could use a regan rebirth.. Got any magic? lol

I saw the heading . . . . and who it wuz that had started the thread , . . . .

..... "If you could pick one ? " . . . . :)

and my imidiate reaction to that heading . . . . :rolleyes:

. . .wuz that I would pick YOU Deja . . who else wud I pick ? . . huh . . -_-

..... then I opened the thread . . . and the big disapointment hit when I saw that it was about presidential candidates. . . . dry.gif:blink:

Wolffees.. you know me I am crazy... nothing ya want to pick.... not even to plant garlic.. lol But I can be fun to shoot with.. lool

I haven't voted for someone since Reagan. Always been against someone. Just no one worthy in congress at this time that I know of.

Darn, we need to run Pecos Sam or someone darn it.. lol

Tom Selleck :FlagAm:

Ryes, he is too pretty, too tall, and does not look like Sam Elliot or Duval.. so I can't vote for him.. lolo

I would vote for anybody here instead of any of the dumb_sses in political office right now. Folks here seem to have a better grip on what's really going on, and how things should be.

A cowboy shooter would know..l and they would not be afraid to had out a tin badge to get law an order back either.. lolo

Politics has become way too polarized for my taste. I'm disgusted with both sides of the aisle. We are on an unsubstainable path. :(

I have always lived on an unstable path, is there a different kind? lol.... Just teasing..

Vote for Jubilation T. Cornpone.

Every day is Sady Hawkins day,

I love that day.. in fact that would be perfect everyday! My kinda day.. lol

...have to agree with a lot of the comments above regarding the path that we are on as a Nation...

...of the 6 candidates who would like to oppose Obama this fall; 5 of the 6 I have researched, read about, reviewed records, etc. and I judge them to be less than satisfactory; so the 1 of 6 that I'm just started to read about is Jon Huntsman...

Translated into English from an article in the Prague newspaper Prager Zeitungon on 04.28.2010.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The danger to America is not ___________, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follie an _______ presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. ______, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.

The Republic can survive a ____________, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Names deleted to keep from being political...

ts

Studs.. I don't get it?????????????? lol

Uncle TED NUGENT ! :huh:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=b3KaJfGOJl0

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

He won't wear the tail will he? lol...

...have to agree with a lot of the comments above regarding the path that we are on as a Nation...

...of the 6 candidates who would like to oppose Obama this fall; 5 of the 6 I have researched, read about, reviewed records, etc. and I judge them to be less than satisfactory; so the 1 of 6 that I'm just started to read about is Jon Huntsman...

Did you watch the Iowa Debates? He spoke Chinese and did not want to waiver on "working" with China... hmmmm

They're all less than satisfactory.

They all seem to want to talk about a lack of trust in the govt, and restoring that trust. They have it backwards. The problem is that the govt. doesn't trust We the People. That's the trust I want restored.

Archived