SASS Wire Forum

Henry Big Boy

Rooster Ron Wayne

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used a Henry Big Boy in .357 mag and had 10 stages clean, except I had a procedural, (shot one target out of sequence)in the SASS Canadian National Championship shoot. Won first place in my catagory. That Henry hits at whatever you point it at. Love that Henry Big Boy. I also shoot a Marlin 94, Puma 92, Chaparral .66 but, you can't miss with that Henry.

I used a Henry Big Boy in .357 mag and had 10 stages clean, except I had a procedural, (shot one target out of sequence)in the SASS Canadian National Championship shoot. Won first place in my catagory. That Henry hits at whatever you point it at. Love that Henry Big Boy. I also shoot a Marlin 94, Puma 92, Chaparral .66 but, you can't miss with that Henry.

Winning a category really does not tell us anything. Lets face it. There are some places, and some categorys, that

are pretty darn easy to win. All ya got to do is show up. Not saying yours was one of those. But would need more

info before that had any meaning. I am sure you could shoot clean with one. But how fast can you shoot clean with one??

Thats the question.

Now tell me ya shot a 10 shot fastest rifle stage with it in less than 5 seconds and then ya tell me

something. Tell me ya can show me 5-6 of those BB rifles to do it. And then we can talk about changeing my mind.

Then tell me what ya had to do to them to be able to do that. So we can share it with the rest of those that have

had problems with them.

Winning a category really does not tell us anything. Lets face it. There are some places, and some categorys, that

are pretty darn easy to win. All ya got to do is show up. Not saying yours was one of those. But would need more

info before that had any meaning. I am sure you could shoot clean with one. But how fast can you shoot clean with one??

Thats the question.

Now tell me ya shot a 10 shot fastest rifle stage with it in less than 5 seconds and then ya tell me

something. Tell me ya can show me 5-6 of those BB rifles to do it. And then we can talk about changeing my mind.

Then tell me what ya had to do to them to be able to do that. So we can share it with the rest of those that have

had problems with them.

+1 I won my category (FCD) at a recent 2 day match, 3 of us, and one guy had a DNF!!!:lol:

WOW!!!!

A gun that can't miss...wait a minute...my JimBowieMatic can't miss either...but I sure can.

OOOOOH...I get it!

:wacko:

And of course, no americans make a living off of importing and selling Italian products...noooo...not a soul.

<_<

Kinda like them Japanese cars that we don't need either. :lol:

My Henry BB has let me down once upon a time but I claim credit for that :blink: ... A little lube and cleaning works wonders :blush: . Now I aint fast and I am in the game for fun, and I do likes the looks of the BB, but it keeps me going and seen hows I aint fast anyway it seem to be as fast as I am. Feedin is not a problem, it sucks up about any .45 I throw at it and as far as accuracy, Iffin I was shootin long range I'd break out the Sharps, at normal ranges for SASS I aint seen anything it cant hit, if I'm lookin at the front sight like I should be. I aint lookin for min of angle, just for hour of steel plate. :lol: Yup, theres those of yall who despise the HEnry, and those of ya who can take it or leave it, and a few of us who actually like it. I guess to each his or her own, have fun.

When you moan and groan about jobs lost in this country just look down into your own holster and see if you are part of the problem or part of the solution.

When you moan and groan about jobs lost in this country just look down into your own holster and see if you are part of the problem or part of the solution.

Oh fer gawds sake...

Why don'tcha ask: Why are we not making products anymore rather then why are we not buy American problems anymore?

It ain't the buying, it's the building.

Duh!

:FlagAm:

Guess everything you own is American made???

I buy American when I can. But, that product has to work, for what I am useing it for.

BB is a good gun. They are a good company. It's just not a good gun for this sport.

That's all. Make that BB run like my Marlin or 73. And I will buy one.

P.S. Rugers in my holsters. ;)

Anything that I can buy American made I buy even if it costs a little more. Some things just are not made in this country anymore so at times there is no choice. All four of my vehicles are American made as are probably 90% of my guns.

Keep the American working man working

Ok pards I own three Rossi 92s and I like them allot !

But I like the looks of the Henry Big Boy 44 mag .

I dont know any one who uses a Henry Big Boy in sass.

Is this gun any good ?GOD BLESS THE USA !!!

I got mine 4 years ago as a Christmas present from my wife, and I love it. I also hunt with it and it can handle the Buffalo Bore rounds that would blow some of the other brands apart. I see stories of how terrible they are and have problems galore, but I've not had a single malfunction in 4 years and their customer service is second to none. If you're looking for a SASS only, slicked up lever action, the Henry probably isn't a good choice, but if you're looking for a rock solid, dependable gun, then go for it. ;)

Anything that I can buy American made I buy even if it costs a little more. Some things just are not made in this country anymore so at times there is no choice. All four of my vehicles are American made as are probably 90% of my guns.

Keep the American working man working

Yup - we gotta continue to do our best. USA all the way....there are some good pards that make a good living off of product made over seas and that is great - no issue with that (like the Italian clones and products made by an Italian company to sell here to their biggest market) .

The one thing that just bothers me to no end is when an American company pulls it's American roots to build overseas to sell that product back to Americans! :angry: I know it's a business decision brought on by competition (and greed at times), but it sucks to say the least.

Happy day...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I own the Henry in .22 and it's fun to shoot. Can a Henry BB be used in SASS? Yes, but you will never be as fast as you can be with a tuned 73 or slicked-up Marlin. Those are the indisputable facts of the matter. If you are satisfied to shoot for fun, buy the Henry. If you want to see how fast you can really shoot a stage, this gun is not for you.

Yup - we gotta continue to do our best. USA all the way....there are some good pards that make a good living off of product made over seas and that is great - no issue with that (like the Italian clones and products made by an Italian company to sell here to their biggest market) .

The one thing that just bothers me to no end is when an American company pulls it's American roots to build overseas to sell that product back to Americans! :angry: I know it's a business decision brought on by competition (and greed at times), but it sucks to say the least.

Happy day...

American companies are in the business of making profits for the company and their shareholders. if said American company can make more profits by making items outside the US (for sale in the US) due to labor cost differences or other, I have no issue with that. Where I do draw the line tho is when said American company pays no or little US taxes on this profit. In many instances American labor costs, in many cases, union costs have driven up the labor costs to be unaffordable. When this happens, companies must explore alternatives to stay in business. I hope that all American companies that I own stock in are greedy and get the most legal profits they can to drive up stock prices. My continued retirement requires this to occur.

I don't care what stock you own GCK or your greed. I care about America as a whole and like seeing American company products made in the USA...

GG

Hmmmm... in my holsters, I got Colts and Rugers (depends on my mood)... my choice of rifle is a Winchester '73... my choice of shotgun is a Winchester 24

I'm hoping that Merwin-Hulbert makes a go of it. They would be so danged cool for duelist!

(yes, I have the normal overload of Italian and Brazilian guns in my safe... but I'm hoping to slowly sell 'em off and buy vintage American Steel...) :)

Oh... this thread is about the Henry Big Boy???? I don't think they make it in .38wcf

Hunting? I guess my Marlin would have to do... or that .303 Enfield (Hey, my Mom was/is British! :huh: )

Take a deep breath, have fun, shoot what makes you happy.

Life is way too short.

McC

I hope that all American companies that I own stock in are greedy and get the most legal profits they can to drive up stock prices. My continued retirement requires this to occur.

Attaboy, that line of thinking got us in the trouble we are in today. Probably drive a foreign car too. What ya can do for ME is what it's all about, sure it is. I'm with Gunner on this one.

Attaboy, that line of thinking got us in the trouble we are in today. Probably drive a foreign car too. What ya can do for ME is what it's all about, sure it is. I'm with Gunner on this one.

I have tried to do my job for the US economy,I purchased two new vehicles in the last year and both were assembled in the US by one of the oldest US car companies with parts from everywhere in the world including engines from Mexico. But I sure as hell aren't about to buy one of those ugly guns made in the US.

I don't care what stock you own GCK or your greed. I care about America as a whole and like seeing American company products made in the USA...

GG

Well tell ya what - start bitchin about Excessive regulations, Government intervention and Greedy Unions. You support the root problem, you'll guaranty our inability to compete in the good ol' global market.

But...guess it is easier to blame greedy corporations...

Lol! I'm far from the root of the problem Phantom. Flame away guy....You and GCK can do as you please and support the loss of American jobs, local economies, amd deteriorating American exceptionalism ;)

Cheers :)

..I'll always be for American made products first - even if it cost me more.

GG

Lol! I'm far from the root of the problem Phantom. Flame away guy....You and GCK can do as you please and support the loss of American jobs, local economies, amd deteriorating American exceptionalism ;)

GG

I'm sorry you fail to understand my previous statement...or perhaps you did understand it and you simply disagree...hard to tell.

Supporting products that simply cost more yet offer no higher benefit over the competitors product that sells for less is a short lived victory...it's masterbatory patriotism.

But if you feel good...even if it's for a short, temporary moment...then god bless ya.

I'm sorry you fail to understand my previous statement...or perhaps you did understand it and you simply disagree...hard to tell.

Supporting products that simply cost more yet offer no higher benefit over the competitors product that sells for less is a short lived victory...it's masterbatory patriotism.

But if you feel good...even if it's for a short, temporary moment...then god bless ya.

No sorry needed...

....and while y'all's panties are wadded up I am not sayin' we shouldn't compete GLOBALLY...did I? No....reread my post as you fail to understand my previous statement...and really see what I said. But maybe greed blinds people to what they want to really see.

I also write, fax, call my legislator quite often on these issues.

GG

I suspect that when the final autopsy is performed they will find plenty of cause to go around. Our greed knows no limits, top to bottom, I even refuse to play the lottery if it isn't over $100,000,000.

One other thought, HTH, is your favorite camera a Kodak?

You make me laugh Phantom - glad I can do the same for you.

and God bless you also pard ;)

G (the 'masterbatory patriot' :lol: ) G ~ :FlagAm:

sent ya a PM, but it couldn't get through for some reason..

GG

So I guess the only thing you shoot is Ruger and Marlin and the BB????

After all this. Don't tell me you own a 66,73,92 or any of them other imports.

And please don't tell me you shoot a Stoeger or Baikal????

As you will pay more for the other.

I am all for American products if you can.

BUT DANG IT. It also has to work for what I am using it for :excl:

And that BB. Even thought American made. Just don't work for what I want it to do

in SASS.

Is that simple enough. :huh:

So I guess the only thing you shoot is Ruger and Marlin and the BB????

After all this. Don't tell me you own a 66,73,92 or any of them other imports.

And please don't tell me you shoot a Stoeger or Baikal????

As you will pay more for the other.

:lol:..too funny

We all have stuff made over seas...I do shoot Rugers and a Marlin. I have a Stoeger, Uberti Henry and a Rossi '92 - sure, but those are made by foreign companies that are...well...foreign companies selling in our market. My thing is when an America company leaves its locality here in America to make the same product in China (usually) and then sell it back to American's (and it's usually a cheap version of the better quality product that was made here), That's my issue, and as an American I can have that issue. If an American company wishes to go overseas and sell it's product globally...fine.

GG ~ :lol:

BTW: I am savin' up for a Henry .22 for the youngin' - Go USA ;)..and if that USA made '73 comes to fruition and works as well as an import...damn right I'll save a little more and pay for it.

I am all for American products if you can.

BUT DANG IT. It also has to work for what I am using it for :excl:

And that BB. Even thought American made. Just don't work for what I want it to do

in SASS.

Is that simple enough. :huh:

So who's arguing with that...?? :wacko:

Archived