SASS Wire Forum

The SASS U. S. Open

T-Bone SASS #36388

The US OPEN 2011 was the fiscal start date for the competition .

The winners of the 2011 US OPEN were the first free winners and at this weeks Minnesota State, Mogollon Drifter will hand out the next round of awards all matches state level and up from here on out will be included for 2012.

Every One practice and shoot your best all year and by all means ATTEND! your state championship this year . Lets make this year the HIGHEST! attendance year for all the states,regionals,nationalsand EOT.

SEE YA IN SPARTA

MOSE

Wow this is awesome. Just a quick observation about the entry dates though.

It is somewhat awkward and confusing to have the invitations be between US Open dates. Using the calendar year just wasn't an option?

Among other long term issues, you'll have a bunch of ongoing state and regional matches right up to the weekend before the US Open and shooters won't even know if they get the entry until it's far too late to make plans to go. You could potentially lose a couple hundred entrants by not having a few month buffer for them to get their vacations planned.

Best of luck on this though, it's really exciting to see an annual ramp up to this level and it's good to see it evolve.

The US OPEN 2011 was the fiscal start date for the competition .

The winners of the 2011 US OPEN were the first free winners and at this weeks Minnesota State, Mogollon Drifter will hand out the next round of awards all matches state level and up from here on out will be included for 2012.

Every One practice and shoot your best all year and by all means ATTEND! your state championship this year . Lets make this year the HIGHEST! attendance year for all the states,regionals,nationalsand EOT.

SEE YA IN SPARTA

MOSE

Hi Mose,

Regarding your post about the 2011 US Open being the fiscal start of the new invitational guidelines. I shoot in Kansas and the 2011 state champions were crowned this past June. Next years Kansas state championship is not until Oct 2012, so does that mean no one from Kansas is eligible for next year? Our state championship moves around the state and the date changes with it.

Cheers,

Rowdy

• 3 months later...

Randy, it's always the nearest weekend to Sept. 11. :FlagAm:

Hey Randy

The dates will be Sept 4th thru the 9th.

I will send ya some info with your entry.

PM if you have any questions.

MOSE

Thanks, Mose and Blackwater, now I can schedule my time off.

Randy

When is the info going to be posted to the website?

You mean you and I will be at the same match at the same time?!?!? Look out world, we're gonna have some FUN!!!!! :lol:

IF Al would have went to Vegas with us last month y'all would have got to shoot together then.

You need to make the trip to Comin At Cha

You mean you and I will be at the same match at the same time?!?!? Look out world, we're gonna have some FUN!!!!! :lol:

:o:unsure:

It WILL be a good time.

Made the first Open. It was great.

2nd one I did not want to miss my first Grandson being born. :)

3rd we planned on then the surgery came up and had to miss it.

So I am not missing another one.

When is the info going to be posted to the website?

Me, too?

I'm plan'in on being at the "Open" Too..... :D

Course I gotta win the State Championship too.......... :mellow: might be tought tho....... :blink:

So watch out Slim......... B)

No, you don't GOTTA win the State Championship. All you GOTTA do is send in your registration...

...and then get your wife to let you have the checkbook. :P

Slim....really.....the'll just accept my registration.........???? :huh: where do I sign up........??? :mellow:

Might have to sell some brass ta cover the checkbook thingy....... :blush:

Course I was tryin to go for free....... :)

Anyone know when the registration applications will be out for the 2012 match? I have my hotel reserved and I ain't even signed up yet.

Thanks,

JEL

Bella says they'll be available soon.

She sent me one but I can't open it.

I'm being patient :wacko:

A quick up date

The free entry will be headed out next week and the registrations will be up on the web next week also.

They would be this week but some person (named Bella) :wub: likes the 75 degrees here on the gulf coast in Florida better than the FREEZING rain and snow at home for some reason :)

We will be back at work next week and everything will be done .

But man it is really really nice here.

MOSE

They would be this week but some person (named Bella) :wub: likes the 75 degrees here on the gulf coast in Florida better than the FREEZING rain and snow at home for some reason :)

MOSE

YER KILLIN ME MOSE! Enjoy that sunshine and warmth...then GIT BACK TA WORK! ^_^

A quick up date

The free entry will be headed out next week and the registrations will be up on the web next week also.

We will be back at work next week and everything will be done .

MOSE

She is one smart little lady. Are you guys still shooting or just relaxing and enjoying the sunshine? You deserve a break..... :)

Sixgun

Archived