SASS Wire Forum

Rack 'em

Rye Miles #13621

I challenge anyone to a game of straight pool, to 50 fer drinks. I'm warnin ya I'm pretty good. I have a 7x3/12' table in my basement and I do practice!B)

Other games, 9 ball is always fun ( dollar on the 5 ball, 5 bucks on the 9) and 8 ball especially with teams, 2 on a team.

pool anyone?????????????:) Rye

I challenge anyone to a game of straight pool, to 50 fer drinks. I'm warnin ya I'm pretty good. I have a 7x3/12' table in my basement and I do practice!B)

Other games, 9 ball is always fun ( dollar on the 5 ball, 5 bucks on the 9) and 8 ball especially with teams, 2 on a team.

pool anyone?????????????:) Rye

I play pool almost as good as I shoot, and I'm the World's Worst Cowboy Action Shooter!

Just like shooting, the skills of a good pool player are amazing to watch.

I have a nice table in my basement and enjoy shooting pool with someone, but seldom go down and practice. Generally play 8 ball or 9 ball.

On a business trip once I took a detour on the way back to visit my brother in Indy, he picked me up at the airport and after an early dinner we wound up at the pool hall around 6. I have no idea how many games we played, or rounds of beers we drank, it was a bunch, and the waitress bought us a couple rounds. We closed the place out that night or early the next morning. I doubt I could do that today.

Grizz

I was pretty darn good in my younger days runnin' the pool halls with my biker club. In my hometown there is a pool hall that opened in 1911 and they had a full-size snooker table in there until the late 1990's when the idiot new owner thought thay needed room for lottery ticket machines. An old man taught me the rules and how to make those angles in the smaller pockets. I supplemented my income nearly every weekend playing pool clear up through my US Navy days ( Ijoined in my mid 20's). Then I got married and had kids and.....

Bodine

Played quite a bit in my younger days. Used to play straight pool, sometimes to 150, but most often to 50. Would bet that most kids today wouldn't know what the counters above the table in a pool hall were for (that is, if you can find a pool hall).

Problem is I can't get used to the smaller tables. Always played on a 9-foot. Angles all wrong on the mini-tables.

use to play a lot but not so much anymore, I like to believe I can hold my own

I play a little every day. I just scatter the balls and go for playin position. As I said I have a 7 x 3 1/2' Italian slate table. It's a nice table but when I go and play on a 9 footer it's like lookin across the ocean fer some of them long shots :lol: I do love the game though. My dad used to bring me to this little bar in my old neighborhood that had one table. My dad was pretty good. They used to have chalk hangin from the ceiling. I thought that was pretty neat.

When I was a teenager a bunch of us really got into shootin pool. Anyone remember the Willie Mosconi book on pool? It's nice to know I'm not the only one who spent part of my mispent youth in pool halls!:rolleyes:

Ooooo...I learned to play pool and three cushion billiards in the Masonic Hall in my then-hometown. Two beautiful tables, mahogany framed, ornately carved, slate about 1" thick with leather pockets and tassels - probably late 1800's. Ornate stained glass lights above, and green glass shades on rest of lights in the room. Half expected to see Fast Eddie and Minnesota Fats stroll by. And yes, there were scoring strands over the tables.

Great leisure game...but the Hall burned, and those wonderful tables took an unscheduled ride to the basement from the fourth floor.

"Yes, you got trouble, right here in River City, and it starts with P and ends with L...."

LL

Guest MissUs DaD

I used to play alot in my younger years. My Dad had a pool table in the basement and I would go down and play. I enjoyed it. Maybe someday Rye I will take you on.

Hey Miles, I tain't No Good at shootin pool,

but I do like shootin' straight pool.

My Dear Wonderful Ma' bought me one of these 3 years or so ago, fer' me Birthday.

( God Bless Her , She left us on the 15th, and I Will think of Her every time I play )

We, Brother Whiney & I have had some really good games. I will try a link here to what She got for me.

8 foot with 1 inch slate

Whiney and me had planned on using this paticular room for a loading room,

but I changed those plans..

I like ta' say, Now I kin' play with my stick and my balls, even, if,

well y'all know where that's goin'

WHY ?? :lol: ( who grew up playin' in the local Pool Hall,

and before that, also at the local Boys Club, what had some Really Nice Pool Tables)

I used to play alot in my younger years. My Dad had a pool table in the basement and I would go down and play. I enjoyed it. Maybe someday Rye I will take you on.

You can come over anytime your little heart desires! Didn't know you was a pool gal!!! How cool!B)

I'll try you !!! I'm sitting about 30 feet from my Brunswick Gold Crown from the 60's. They still make them. If you don't know what they are, you don't want to play against an owner. ;):D

"Say When" that Brunswick Gold Crown don't skeer me!:lol: It's the player not the table :P

Me and the boys at the Anaheim Post Office (mailman or letter carrier) used to go to the Covered Wagon everyday after w**k to drink BEER and shoot POOL.

They had 2 tables 7 ftX3 1/2 quarter a game. We'd pair up and shoot teams for a pitcher of beer a game. I drank lots of FREE BEER.

You get used to the table size and it's hard on a bigger table. We'd also shoot shuffleboard for drinks and play dice games like 3's away for $$. What fun times those were. Seems like a life time ago 1979-1999. Just sayin'

Big Jake

A young 2nd Lt came into our unit and as a welcome I took him to the officers club for lunch.

After lunch I suggested we go to the basement and play a little pool.

He said he hadn't played all that much but was willing to learn. We played two games for $5 each and I suggested we should play for $20 and get back to work. He agreed but since he had lost the first two games he asked if it would be alright if he broke.

I never got a shot.

I guess I should have tumbled to the fact because his name was Greg Poole.

Man, he was good.

Archived