SASS Wire Forum

Showdown Rattlesnake Wrangler Wins OVERALL at Showdown

Colt Faro, SASS #54579

Howdy folks! CVV and Lonestar Frontier Shooting put on an excellent match this weekend! It was hot and dry but the match was set up well and the stages were fast and furious just the way we like them! All of those involved in putting on this match did an incredible job! My hats off to you thank you for all your efforts and the hospitality.

Congrats to all the winners! I'll need help remembering them all.

Slick McClade won B Western

I Recon won 49er

Nonstop won Senior

That's all I can think of right now someone please chime in.

Top 5 was

1st Rattlesnske Wrangler

2nd Rusty Remington

3rd I Recon

4th Colt Faro

5th Slick McClade.

Thanks Colt...I am sure glad you guys came down. We have been working like dogs since after Roundup.

I hope everyone liked the shotglasses, door prizes and top winner prizes as well. Boy, the heat got to everyone so

I am pretty sure we will hold Showdown at a different date next year. Thanks to all who helped out and in making this a successful match.

Congrads to Rattlesnake again.

See ya

Sid

Congrats R.W.

and good on all of you that went to support this great club. Wish I coulda made it...one of my favorite places to shoot!

Sometimes I wish I was a simple employee again.

:rolleyes:

You are a simple employee. The way I hear it is your wife is the boss. :lol:

Thanks Colt...I am sure glad you guys came down. We have been working like dogs since after Roundup.

I hope everyone liked the shotglasses, door prizes and top winner prizes as well. Boy, the heat got to everyone so

I am pretty sure we will hold Showdown at a different date next year. Thanks to all who helped out and in making this a successful match.

Sid y'all did a great job no doubt about it! We had a great time. Snake is happy as he can be and not letting me forget that he kicked my butt! Lol. At least I wasn't that far behind! Thanks again for all you guys did!

Colt

Congrads to Rattlesnake again.

See ya

Sid

Thanks everyone for the congrats he sure appreciates it! With tomorrow being the first day of school it's given him a high note to end his weekend on. Thanks to all you for being mentors to him!

Colt

Congratulations Rattlesnake!!! Kid Ghost says Hi and good shooting.

Your friend,

Ghost

All I got is.....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take it easy on us old folks, OK?

Cheyenne, who still thinks young, Culpepper

I read somewhere that a rattlesnake could strike at 150 mph. I guess this proves it.

Congratulations!!!

Possum

He was moving pretty fast Possum. He must of taken lessons from Uncle Possum Skinner!!!

After his major crash and burn on 3 stages at EOT he was sure happy for things to go right for him.

Actually he insisted on full gear he had on a vest, chinks, black felt hat and his boots. He about overheated. Good thing he drank lots of water! Thanks for the water Doc Brazos!

Well, all those other shooters, obviously much older than him, managed to stay in costume, at least the ones in your viedo.

I made him change I'm so sorry if that offends you in some way. As for the other folks, I'm not their father so I have no control over what they wear. By the way did you see how red his face was in the video. I care more about his health than staying in a hot costume on 108 degree Texas afternoon.

Bad Hand,

Not everyone stayed in costume. There were even some shooters who wore short sleeves for match. No one there seemed to care. Wrangler dresses his part for the match. I've seen some clubs require costume through the awards, but this didn't seem to be one of them. I've only been down here for a few months, but most of the clubs I've shot with so far are pretty open about their summer costume policy. Seems to make sense.

Wrangler shot and worked with the posse. Doesn't seem like it should be an issue.

Doc

Rattlesnake is a very polite young man and a credit to the sport and his Dad's raising. He works a posse and is provides encouragement for shooters young and old. Not to mention one heck of a shooter. The clothing don't make the man,which at least one on here has proven. Good work Dylan.

It's happening just like you said Deuce, when they start getting good they come under a microscope! Lol. I guess that's when you know your a good shooter when they start picking on you for ridiculous crap. In this case a 12 year old. Wow some people are just..... I'm not gonna finish that thought. Oh well. God bless you Bad Hand I wish you all the best my friend!

I have great respect for both Rattlesnake and his dad :). Their generosity (not just material) and spirit should be an example to us all.

Tfe heat has been brutal and we should all make allowances in how folks deal with it.

From all I've ever seen, Rattlesnake and...uh... Rattlesnake's dad should both hold their head up high. Very high.

Yep, the boy had on a t-shirt. WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So did I and many others. I SHOT in a t-shirt all weekend. For the people who made it through it all weekend, it was 110 on saturday and 108 on sunday. 8 people did not even make it back to shoot sunday because of the heat and I don't blame them one bit!!! Yes, I think we should all try to go by the spirit of the game we play, but at some point, it can cross the line when the weather becomes dangerous.

I can tell all of you that Rattlesnake Wrangler is one of the finest young shooters in our sport. I predict that he will be one of the youngest SASS regulators that SASS has ever had because of the things he is doing for our sport right now. I found it kinda funny that when that 13 year old boy was crowned the Champion of Showdown, all I heard was cheers, and nothing about the shirt he was wearing.

RS, your my boy and I got your back.

Uncle Two Gun

Way to go Rattlesnake! Wish I was there to see you and your old man shoot. Don't worry about Bad Attitude, or whatever his handle is. What goes around comes around and you are in a position to reap all the good you sew. Can't wait to see you guys again. Good luck in school this year, keep makin us all proud.

Your good friend,

Cash Duckett

Forgive me if I'm wrong here but I think bashing a 12 year old boy is much more out of the cowboy spirit than wearing a T shirt at a 108 degree informal award ceremony.

I put this post up to recognize not just Rattlesnake but also all the other shooter that did well. I also wanted to recognize the folks who worked so hard putting on this match. Hijacking this thread with the bashing of a 12 year old Top Shooter is not only inappropriate it is shameful in my opinion.

Thank you to all of the folks who supported us with their comments.

There I said my peace, I won't comment further on anything other than what this thread was intended.

Archived