SASS Wire Forum

AARP card

I actually joined today at the insistance of my wife. She was thinking that we could get a break on insurance for the cars and home. The quotes I got were from Hartford, and way more than what I'm paying now. And she ain't blond, either.....but I am :rolleyes: .

So, I'm out $16.00 for a month's membership enrollment.

Never again. -_- It ain't worth the trouble. I've lived this long without them....don't see why I need 'em for any reason now.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

I was thinking of sending it back to the CEo with a note letting them know I don't support their liberal agenda.

What's the deal?

'Fore ya mail it back....

Don't forget to drive out... find a road-kilt skunk... and dunk that card in it...

ts

Sending back card in their pre-payed envelope with the following.

"Dear Mr. Rand,

I recently received my AARP card in the mail. I can't say I am excited about this as it reminds me that I am turning 50. In addition, I will not join AARP membership as I do not support your liberal agenda, your support of "Obamacare" alone was enough reason to not support AARP.

You'll be happy to know that I did take requested membership fee and made a donation to the National Rifle Association on your behalf.

Regards,"

:P

Hi Dusty,

I've been getting junk from them monthly since I was 55. Finally, I called them and told them to stop!

Don't know what took me so long. :unsure::rolleyes:

Regards,

Allie

PS Are you shooting Rogue River next week?

Unfortunately, no. I spoke with Runnin Wild yesterday. I was planning on it but this work thing got in the way, I have to be in the Bay area next week, but will be staying at Moms in El Dorado.

Bob, Mary and crew will put on a great shoot for you all, I'm bummed I'm going to miss it. I miss those folks, good people.

Have Fun!

Dusty

Unfortunately, no. I spoke with Runnin Wild yesterday. I was planning on it but this work thing got in the way, I have to be in the Bay area next week, but will be staying at Moms in El Dorado.

Bob, Mary and crew will put on a great shoot for you all, I'm bummed I'm going to miss it. I miss those folks, good people.

Have Fun!

Dusty

Hi Dusty,

That darn work sure is a pain... Sorry you can't make it.

Hey if you are in ED Saturday 6/4, come on out to The Outlaws to shoot and have lunch after. Your mom is welcome to come too. As you already know, SASS folks are a friendly bunch. I'll bring guns etc for ya. Let me know if you are interested, send me an email, and I'll send you a map, take a holster to the match...

Regards,

Allie Mo

Hi Dusty,

I've been getting junk from them monthly since I was 55. Finally, I called them and told them to stop!

Regards,

Allie

Same here but never thought about callin them-

Lemme know if that does any gud!

I printed out a few pro-gun articles, put them in their pre-paid envelope and included a letter stating that until they changed their stance on the 2nd Amendment, I would not consider joining. I have not heard anything from them for a number of years! :FlagAm:

I got them to stop sending me stuff but about once every 2 years or so I get a Mail shot addressed to my Dad who was born in 1915 and died in 1985!

once I got a phone call selling medicare supplement insurance and the person on the phone attempted to infer that you had to join AARP to Qualify for IT!!!

If I get a phone call that is Caller ID marked "Private" or "unknown" or even from a name I do not recognize or from an 800 number I no longer pick up the phone.... for A while I played games with them asking for repeats and asking crazy questions or saying could you hold on for moment I have answer the door... and then jus leave the phone off the hook till it starts beeping.... but after a while it was not much fun and now I just ignore them

I get AARP crapola ona regular basis too. Their pre-paid envelope is a handy way of telling them what you think on their dime.

I sent them back an application to this organization => http://www.amac.us/ which is a conservative alternative to those liberal miscreants.

And an application to join the NRA.

I printed out a few pro-gun articles, put them in their pre-paid envelope and included a letter stating that until they changed their stance on the 2nd Amendment, I would not consider joining. I have not heard anything from them for a number of years! :FlagAm:

I do a similar thing when I get stuff.....

I send'em stuff on the NRA!

and whatever other junk mail arrived with it....

JJJ-D

:ph34r::ph34r:

I got to thinking about this. We get the AARP stuff, say "Bleeah! Anti-civil rights idjits" and either ignore it or send some pro-civil rights lit that will hit the circular file instantly. We get the "Well, why don't you just leave California (or NY, or NJ, or MD)" comments. Don't join this, don't join that.

Basically, most gun owners have now been trained to be cowards. Don't join, don't lobby, don't educate. Just avoid all confrontation.

How many people here are old enough to join AARP? Of those, how many have time to get involved in the politics of it and work for changing AARP's policy of making sure people are victims rather than empowered citizens? Yeah, it will take time. At first it will be like beating your head against a brick wall, but eventually, if enough gun owners DO join AARP, DO get involved in the policy and politics, DO stop being ashamed of being gun owners, things WILL get changed. But if all we do is make useless gestures, then there is no chance that anything will change.

Hi Dusty,

Regards,

Allie

Well you sure don't look 55 in your pic!

I was thinking of sending it back to the CEo with a note letting them know I don't support their liberal agenda.

What's the deal?

Back when we had outside privies there was a use for junk mail.. lol

My brother and I always just copied our NRA member cards and send it back in their postpaid envelopes.

Great advice.. I gotta try that ... lol

Don't any of you know about AMAC, the conservative anti-Obama, pro-gun alternative to AARP?

Check 'em out at www.amac.us

$15.00 a year and they do the same thing as aarp.

I usually send the envelope back empty. They still have to pay the postage on it.

EXACTLY, what Mean Matt said. I went on the Direct Marketing Associate Website and opted out but still get some junk mail...AARP and other stuff. I always just take their postage paid envelope, seal it, and drop it in the mail. Now that small amount of money they eat for the postage ain't gonna break um but if enough people did that maybe they'd be a little more judicious in their target mailing lists. However it may just make them put a check mark by my name that they've got a working mailing address too....I don't know for sure. YMMV

I know, I know, I am a horrid person but,

I watched AARP pay every bill my father ran up through 17 years of kidney failure treatment.

There was never a hesitation and never a question asked.

They may be A--holes but they do what they say they will!

My supplemental insurance is with them and they are treating me the same as they did him.

Flame away!!!!!

I know, I know, I am a horrid person but,

I watched AARP pay every bill my father ran up through 17 years of kidney failure treatment.

There was never a hesitation and never a question asked.

They may be A--holes but they do what they say they will!

My supplemental insurance is with them and they are treating me the same as they did him.

Flame away!!!!!

AMAC will do the same thing but their beliefs are more in line with the conservative agenda. Glad to hear aarp is takin care of you,(actually it's not aarp it's whatever ins. co. ya got through them) hope all is well. Rye

Sassparilla Kid (8968L) got a card from 'em... just fill out the enclosed form and sent it back in.

He sez he's gonna do it and enjoy aaalll the benefits... :rolleyes:

Oh yeah - Sassparilla's nineteen years old. ^_^

Hi Folks,

First, Doc Ward, I apologize for ever giving you a bad time over your avatar. I think I :wub: you ;) BTW, I should get my first SS check any day now. :blink:

Noz, this is personal stuff. You have to do what is best for you and your family. :)

Well, I guess I have the time. :unsure: (Not really, if I do all the work hubby wants me to do.) I just don't need them and don't have the inclination to fight them. Reading the Wire takes all the fight I've got in me. :wacko:

Regards,

Allie Mo

Archived