SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I hear Woody's coming to shoot and check out the range. He's writing the stages for the Wild Bunch shoot in June. Wish you could make it but take care of that hand!
  3. One of the most annoying things on old guns is that when you try to look at the hidden markings under the stock, or inside of a latch or what have you, that there is all to often some pitting right in the spot where the marking is, making it hard to read. So... What do people thing THIS is? The 7 is clear, but after that, I dunno. My initial reaction after looking at it with the naked eye is that everything else was just random putting blobs. But when I took this photo, and looked at it on my computer screen, especially without zooming out, I am convinced that it is 7 1 something. That something might be a 5 or a 6, or a pitting blob. So, I thought I'd ask if anyone else has any opinions. This by the way is from my new to me .45-70 Rolling Block that I think may or may not actually be a Remington. These are the ONLY markings anywhere on the entire gun. (Okay, I have not looked on the bottom of the barrel yet, but the stock is stuck pretty tight to the barrel and I don't wanna damage it.) The bore is flawless, and neither the seller nor I think it's original to the gun, but it's been on there a long time. Wanna get the stock off to see if there are any marks or not. What is interesting is that number may or may not be the serial number. I am no expert, but what information I have been able to track down says that Remington did not serialize these things in the early days, as there was no requirement to do so. They only had "lot numbers" which means several guns may have the same number. On the other other hand, I have also read that plain receivers like this one were made by Remington, left blank, and sold to the armies of other countries. They were left blank so the government that purchased them could put their own numbers and markings on them as they saw fit. So this might be serial number 7 1 whatever given to it by whomever over in Europe. Given the shape of the 1, with the top hook but no base, which is a very European wan of making numeral 1's, this is a distinct possibility. (I will try to do more research.) Anyway.... What do people think that number is?
  4. I had one doing that. Ruger replaced the cylinder and did a bit of fitting and no problem. Blackfoot
  5. The two guys in that image look like two fellas their boss’ made sit for a picture. Probably on lunch break. I used to work with a guy in the rail shop in Ling Beach that knew all kinds of LB history. That guy knew the complete history of those shipyards and that crane. When pictured with a familiar object, like a … Here are some photos
  6. I think Peter Gabriel era Genesis and Rush post John Rutsey might vie for some credit on the prog rock scene.
  7. I had one that was doing that on just one chamber. A trip back to Ruger and it was good to go. They replaced the cylinder and did a little fitting here and there. Blackfoot
  8. Its not just car insurance, home insurance is getting ridiculously high. I personally know 3 people that no longer have house insurance cause they can't afford it. In Florida many insurances drop you, or won't insure your home if over 30 years old. Next door neighbor is paying 4850.00 a year on a 340,000.00 home with all kind of stipulations on it. We're wondering ourselves in 3 years when our home is 30 years old if our insurance will drop us, or double our present rate of 1500.00 a year.
  9. Fewer ladies and the men and women aren't competing against each other.
  10. Today
  11. I cock both, then alternate cock. Usually start with my right, so it can be headed to holster while I'm shooting my last shot from my left pistol. It is much better to cock right while shooting left, than to wait until right before you shoot that gun to cock it. Gives the gun time to settle back in your hand. Also, after shooting one gun, ideally it will be heading for the next target while you're shooting the other. As far as split pistols, (as unpopular as it is) I don't mind one here and there as it changes things up a little. I DON'T, however, want 7 split pistols in a 10-stage match! Possum
  12. Trust the Government , not only NO , but , H3LL NO Chickasaw Bill
  13. I think we’re starting to repeat the groups. Just my observation.
  14. @Calamity Kris already mentioned the band YES: The band's sound is influenced by psychedelic rock and classical music, and features Jon Anderson's vocals, Steve Howe's guitar, Chris Squire's bass, and Rick Wakeman's keyboards. However; in addition, these other two BANDS ruled the Progressive Rock genre. ELP The band's members are Keith Emerson (keyboards), Greg Lake (vocals, bass, guitars, and producer), and Carl Palmer (drums and percussion). King Crimson Founded by Robert Fripp, Michael Giles, Greg Lake, Ian McDonald and Peter Sinfield, the band initially focused on a dramatic sound layered with Mellotron, McDonald's saxophone and flute, and Lake's bass and powerful lead vocals.
  15. But designing, building, and flying a helicopter in the Martian atmosphere actually was really hard.
  16. That might have been the A-26, later changed to B-26, Invader. Many were turned into corporate aircraft later.
  17. They’ve done it before (that’s how I got my life membership), so maybe they’ll do it again. Midnight Rider’s is due to be renewed soon so I’ll try to remember to mention it a payment plan for life.
  18. Oscar Mayer If you're full of b_o_l_o_g_n_a.
  19. I was going to add Genesis, The Monkees, and Bowie this morning. Good calls all the way around.
  20. Did I miss REO speedwagon And Georgia satellite
  21. My 0.2........ Byrds Monkees Yes Genesis Traffic Steve Winwood David Bowie
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.