SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. What would you sell just the revolver for? I might be interested....
  3. I have it saved to my computer for quick reference. It is very helpful especially for new shooters trying to figure out the categories!
  4. I've shot black powder for years not only just for CAS. I recently asked about running bp in a winchester 92 and got a good bit of helpful info not just on that model but in general. here's the link to that post here on the wire. Everyone has their favorite method but Nate Kiowa Jones had a few tweeks to what I basically do.
  5. Funny how we like to use explosives to solve an issue!
  6. Thanks. No need to be "historical" I am recreating a fantasy gun from a song.
  7. My 45 Marlin is a "Cowboy Competition" model 1894
  8. Come on out for our final monthly of the year. This Saturday. Shooting starts at 10. Every one that has shot this year gets a card for every match to make the best poker hand. Winner gets free monthly shoots for a year next year. (Not including Final Showdown). Last monthly of the year, so we will be shooting 7 (SEVEN) stages, so bring enough ammo.
  9. I couldnt tell you historically but currently they make the 1894 in .45 colt
  10. Slix have a CAVEAT on the package. Remington # 10 ONLY. I run Remington # 10 on ALL my Pietta Cap Guns with Slix nipples.
  11. My sincere condolences Grumpy Old Man, It's never easy to lose our furry kids.
  12. Hi all. I don't know anything about Marlins, so I have no idea which model would be likely to be available in .45 Colt. As mentioned before, I am slowly obtaining the parts needed to create my own "Big Iron" that inspired the Marty Robbins song of the same name. That pistol featured a barrel made from a Marlin rifle that had been cut to 9-1/2 Inches. I figure the original started life in another caliber and was relined or something, but that getting one with the proper bore size would simplify things for me.
  13. Don't know, but I love my 45's. Price seems to be good. Free bump!
  14. Good points by Tyrel. I am also a fan of Windex with Vinegar (or generic version) and Ballistol. A new discovery I have tried is a couple of carbon eliminators offered by Cowboy Shooter's Supply( Italian and KG-1). I, too, agree on soapy water, hot when available, for brass. Little wind-shield washer fluid & water in container is good until home to rinse.
  15. Water does the work. Everything else is just artificial flavor, color and smell.
  16. You ad for the sale of your guns says you have Win 78's for sale. What is a Win 78?

17. Have we convinced everyone that they can't compete with .45's? OR Is my price just too darn high?
  18. A very good material to make shotgun wads with is Masonite siding. It comes in 4' x 8' sheets and can be bought at a Lowes or similar store. It is used as sub-siding for houses and is made from glued up wood fibers. I punch the wads and soak them with homemade lube. You can shoot for the weekend without the gun fouling out. Hopefully, here is a picture of my punches laying on a piece of the Masonite.
  19. You will have to bring them to show and tell MF so we can drool on them.
  20. I very seriously doubt a consensus can be acquired and please: NO MORE PINNED POSTS There is no "best" way, pick something and be consistent, just make sure you get them cleaned. The exception to that is if you use Pyrodex, then clean your guns before you leave the range; your guns will start rusting as soon as a shot is fired downrange. My current favorite is: Light coat of Ballistol before leaving the range. Once home(within a week), Clean with Windex w/ vinegar. Rinse off with hot water. Blow everything dry with an air compressor, Light coat of Ballistol. For brass, I throw in warm soapy water when I get home and then wet tumble when I get around to it. Like I mentioned earlier just pick something as Murphy's mix works, soap and water works, Windex w/ vinegar works, etc... Really, we have plenty of pinned posts; the only thing I can think of that needs pinning now is the category matrix that Ripsaw made and that doesn't need pinning just added to the handbook. My dos centavos.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.