SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Why would you try to use Pietta parts when Uberti parts are just as easy to get? I have completed an article for the Chronicle that will hopefully come out some time in the future. Are your friend's short stroked? If not it is fairly easy to do. The operating rod has a slope of its front face that mates with a slope on the hammer. When the rod is pushed up the slope pushed the firing pin forward and should move to the top of the firing pin locking it forward. I show two ways to do the job in the article. First you can fashion an entire new rod after measuring everything. Pull the firing pin forward with your fingers and make sure the rod goes all the way to the top of the hole. File a notch and pin it in place. Now the hammer is locked forward. You can also turn the firing pin 180 degrees so the slope is facing to the rear, make sure the firing pin is fully forward and the rod behind it and file a new notch and pin it in place.
  3. Only that closet. I'm in the slow process of moving permanently to my mom's house. Everything else is still chaos.
  4. Check YouTube channel "Plowboysghost". He did a conversion without the parts. Not sure if that video is still up; it's been several years.
  5. Friend bought a pair of Uberti SAA's with retractable firing pins. Couple questions if he replaces hammers and trigger does he have to get Uberti parts or will Piettas work? Any pards done anything to make them a fixed pin without the springs and plungers My thanks in advance.
  6. Our High School Army ROTC got three of them in 1958. The three top shooters on the pistol team were issued them. I got a Ruger #1. I was sixth out of 14 shooters. Never did get to shoot a 41 and never liked the Ruger well enough to own one.
  7. That illustrates my first marriage. I just didn’t know it at the time…
  8. End of an era, though it has been a long, slow decline. I enjoyed it when it was real, as did my Dad before me. I would not encourage a grandchild to join.
  9. the Soviets built the ultimate ground effect aircraft. They were enormous.
  10. Five Oreos 1/4 cup Tollhouse chocolate drops Two 3 Musketeers bite size candy bars Two heaping tablespoons original Ovaltine powder 1/4 cup cold milk Break it all into small pieces and eat up. Caution: have Tums on hand and plan on staying awake for a day or two.
  11. I stocked up when Alliant made its return last summer, and before prices went up 3 times. Sold one of the Red-Dots though.
  12. Today
  13. lawn chair check cold beer in hand check cooler at hand check LET the GAMES begin
  14. Same time frame. My friend and I were bent on joining the Columbus Fire Dept. The whole thing that started the City hiring women was a lawsuit by "people of color" as they are called these days, claiming that the City didn't have enough of "them" on the Police and Fire Dept. So when after a two year or three year hiring freeze to settle the suit, they DID start giving Civil Service Tests, they were court ordered that for every 100 applicants to take the top 50 whites, top 40 blacks, and top 10 other. Under the previous rules, I would have been the second class, but under the new guidelines, when I wasn't hired after the second class, I said the heck with it and enlisted in The Marines. My friend went on to drive a truck.
  15. The biden administration is simply continuing the democrat tradition of attacking the 2nd by any means possible. A quick glance at their history of the last 60 years or so shows that they have nothing but contempt for the constitution and those who believe in it. Constantly pushing to rewrite history, subvert our legal system, tear down our moral foundations are all clear indicators that they are intent on implementing their own agenda on all of us. And there is no place in their vision of America for such nonsense as personal rights or freedoms that they don’t control. Regards Gateway Kid
  16. There was a three-month interval requirement between palms; that was rescinded as of this year. Scouts can now earn palms as fast as they can complete the merit badges. Also, the requirement for a palm board of review ended several years ago.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.