SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Well that’s true to a degree, but there have been cases in the not to distant past of posers, who pretend to be legitimate CAS or SASS participants by joining in on the dialogue on the Wire and Saloon and after gaining our confidence, then they sell something to someone and it’s a scam sale and the buyer gets taken. It hasn’t happened that much lately but it has happened. If someone had to be an authenticated, dues paying SASS member to be able to PM and communicate with buyers and sellers they might be exposed a lot sooner. Does 44 Bang ring a bell? I can’t remember some of the others but they used the same ploy as ingratiating themselves to other members and then running their scam. As you know posting a SASS number is no means of verification, but if that person had to legitimately join, pay dues and have a verifiable, legitimate SASS number that was frozen to their alias and profile after verification that scam may be totally eliminated. These scammers aren’t going away and are going to keep prying and massaging until they find what works, why not make it tougher on them?
  3. I think some of those ships are used either for training exercise or 'Bare Foot' cruises. If that picture isn't photo shop, it is an interesting picture. ..........Widder
  4. Welcome back, Bob! Recognized "Olive Oatman" right off ~ and you are correct, sir... Miss Donna SHOULD have won!
  5. Bad penny? More like a lucky penny...heads up lucky penny. Blue Bonnet Bob. Does have a ring about it. Good to see you back!
  6. No, no....when someone doesn't like what you are doing. You seem to want to tear up the Constitution.
  7. You can find your Public Profile by simply clicking on your alias. The next screen that comes up is your Public Profile on the left in the smaller column with your most recent posts in the larger middle/right column. Some people have their E-Mail address and more in the left column under Contact Methods. It is easy to edit out info by going to the top left side of the page and clicking on Edit Profile. Anyone can click on your alias and view the same information, they don't have to be SASS members. This one way the scammers are getting personal info. Also note that some folks have posted their phone number, E-mail and addresses in the large column under "Write a public message on your own feed" box. When you use this option, you are NOT sending a PM...you are publicly posting a statement/message that anyone can read simply by clicking on your alias...the same way they get your other information. Stay safe out there in internet land. NEVER, EVER post your real name, phone number, E-mail address or physical address in a public manner. To do so only invites the bad guys to breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  8. I guess saying it's a solution in search of a problem is a bit of an overstatement, though I tend to feel that way. A better way to say it would be that I think it could potentially lead to an unsafe situation. I don't want to be in a situation where I have a live round in the chamber and have to empty the mag tube either through the gate or by removing the plug, and then have to lower the hammer on a live round in order to clear it. I also think there are better ways to solve the problem of throwing rounds out of the rifle. Red River Ray said it best when he said: "It's lever trigger lever trigger, not lever lever trigger" or words to that affect.
  9. Don't ignore the fat ones, son. They try harder.
  10. Welcome back, Bob. Ya been missed. Looks you are doing well.
  11. I'll remove this in a little bit,, but this is how they get your info and scam you. It took one click on Bad Company's profile—ONE CLICK!!! Stop posting personal information for all to see!!!
  12. I yam alive and relatively well..physically. Just returned from NM on Monday. Attended the Historical Society Conference and the Wild West Dance in Albuquerque. Unbeknownst to me they had a costume contest and I won Best Lawman outfit. Donna was deessed as Olive Oatman, chin tattoo and all. She should have won best historical lady. I even made a dance card for her. Uneducated judges I reckon. She did let me wear her bonnet for awhile. Back in Cahone now enjoying the fine spring weather.
  13. Reading your profile if you get to the flapjack machine thar wouldn't be any left fer me.
  14. There's at least one person that posted ON THIS THREAD that still has their E-Mail info posted where anyone can see it despite all of the warnings.
  15. I was in California once, ........ but I don't think I was that bad of an influence .....
  16. This would not eliminate the problem. These scammers are not guests nor members. They are harvesting emails and phone numbers in order to text and divert the payment. Keeping private information private would eliminate the problem. We've posted this in multiple places, but either no one reads it or it gets ignored.
  17. "If your mother decided to not have children, .... .... you probably won't either. "
  18. These are not members or even guests who are pulling this scam. Your e-mail addresses are hidden by default. Those who have added email addresses and phone numbers to your PUBLIC profile are doing this to yourselves. Anybody at all can read the forum without joining, they can read the posts, and then attempt to hijack your payment. If you have private information, don't make it public. You're not understanding what the problem is. Read the above post.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.