SASS Wire Forum

I wonder if they could do this skit now

Alpo

Early Saturday Night live. The Not Ready For Prime Time Players. The host was a politician. I think he was from New Jersey but I don't recall what type of politician he was - congressman senator governor, no idea. He was an extremely light skinned black man.

The skit has Garrett Morris complaining about people saying that white people were smarter than black people.

The host says that he agrees with Garrett. There is absolutely no evidence that white people are smarter than black people. And that he believes that where this ridiculous idea came from is because light skinned black people are smarter than dark skinned black people. Garrett Morris, if y'all recall, was an extremely black black guy.

And his double take when it was explained that light skinned black people were smarter. :D

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stump Water said:

All in the Family couldn't be aired today.

Sanford and Son neither!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

George Carlin!

And the seven words you can't say on television!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

And the seven words you can't say on television!

I had that album. Funny!

https://george-carlin.fandom.com/wiki/Class_Clown

Edited by Rye Miles #13621
  • Like 1

More George Carlin, it went to the Supreme Court!

Edited by Rye Miles #13621
  • Like 1

You know the seven words has shrunk down to four? Numbers 3 4 5 and 6. One two and seven are used on television all the time.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 4/23/2024 at 4:52 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Couldn't even put Carol Burnett or any other show from that era one...and that Is a crying shame.

well , channel 45 in the twin cities air carol burnett , all in the family , and a number of other reruns , i like watching the old perry masson and twilight zone as well as alfred hitchcock 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

Had a lot of good years in MN, got out just in time to have pleasant memories. 

yes - we have had a good many years here going on 40+ for me over half ,my life but we are talking of leaving - they tax our SS and we are older with a large house thats a lot of work now , we are looking to move as soon as grandkids come of age , a lear or so - work in progress , 

that channel carries all my westerns - rifleman , ponderosa , wagon train , gunsmoke , green acres , petticoat junction , beverly hillbillys , mayberry , im sure there are others in times ive never watched , all the things i remember asa a kid as well as those i watched later , some i never watched - a lot of B&W , i watched them on B*W TVs that didnt get color ....whats not in color today ? im watching it mostly these days ,

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Could Mark Twain write Huckleberry Finn or even half his other novels?

When I was a kid, I read the Tom Sawyer/Huck Finn stuff over and over.

I know how to get a fence painted purt quick like too.B)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1