SASS Wire Forum

UPS story

I ordered a knife from Amazon and it was being delivered by UPS.

Got an email from them saying it’ll be delivered today Friday. It also said a signature is required. I tried contacting them via email to question the time since I wouldn’t be home all day. They said they didn’t recognize my email ! The same email they sent me about delivery in the first place! 
I chose the “chat” option and Erica told me no signature was required! Really?? I just don’t understand UPS.

BTW the knife was here when I got home! :o A bunch of nonsense for nothing! :angry:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just received my last order.  Scheduled for the 3rd, no show, tracking said was a couple of states south. New date the 8th.   Next morning received text saying would arrive on the 9th.  Arrived on the 4th ? ? ?       GW

• Haha 1

I've ordered stuff from Amazon and it was shipped via UPS.  I get a message that the package was delivered but nothing showed up at the house.  Apparently, UPS has a deal with the USPS to do the last leg of the delivery on small packages.  It shows that the package was delivered but actually, they just turned it over to the post office.  It has caused a few anxious moments until I learned to just be patient.  Not my strong suit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I've ordered stuff from Amazon and it was shipped via UPS.  I get a message that the package was delivered but nothing showed up at the house.  Apparently, UPS has a deal with the USPS to do the last leg of the delivery on small packages.  It shows that the package was delivered but actually, they just turned it over to the post office.  It has caused a few anxious moments until I learned to just be patient.  Not my strong suit.

They call it "Smart post" IIRC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

IMG_3610.jpeg

We don’t have an “Oooh & Aaaah” smiley. 
That knife and sheath looks great. 
image.thumb.gif.d2ffff24317c3e967d106a9cdccfcc10.gif

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

They call it "Smart post" IIRC

Started out as "Innovation"   Changed to Shure post, ETC, ETC Now Smart post. Worthless!  Changing name hasn't improved      GW

• Like 1

Usually just adds another day! The UPS guy has dropped off packages to us and told us he dropped another at the PO due to SmartPost!

• Sad 1

Only one days your lucky.  Mine get delayed 2 or 3 usually        GW

• Like 1

I ordered some parts from an outfit just south of Cleveland, Ohio for a truck that Hatfield is working on. That was Thursday afternoon around 2:30 CST. 

The order arrived at my mailbox before lunchtime today!  USPS Priority Envelope.  Was going to take a week via UPS.  Around here, we call ‘em OOPS!  We don’t call FedEx at all!!

20 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I ordered some parts from an outfit just south of Cleveland, Ohio for a truck that Hatfield is working on. That was Thursday afternoon around 2:30 CST. 

The order arrived at my mailbox before lunchtime today!  USPS Priority Envelope.  Was going to take a week via UPS.  Around here, we call ‘em OOPS!  We don’t call FedEx at all!!

Note recent story UPS is doing USPS Air https://about.usps.com/newsroom/statements/040124-usps-statement-on-award-to-ups-for-contract-to-support-air-cargo-transportation.htm  Pot & kettle?

too much technology sometimes messes up the works - but once in a while life prevails in spite of it , glad you got your knife 

• Thanks 1

I was actually surprised that UPS had the delivery since I ordered it from Amazon. They always deliver their own stuff but I guess it’s where it actually comes from??

My primers were due Wednesday but it started to snow so UPS changed it to Monday, why so many days later who knows. The solar eclipse is coming thru on Monday here in VT and the state has already warned everyone that the world will end when it happens so stay off the roads. My bet is I won’t see my primers before mid week or later. UPS will use any excuse not to deliver to my house

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I was actually surprised that UPS had the delivery since I ordered it from Amazon. They always deliver their own stuff but I guess it’s where it actually comes from??

Things that Amazon has in a warehouse is usually delivered by Amazon unless they hand it off to USPS as discussed above*.

Things on Amazon sold by second parties is shipped at the discretion of the seller.  I've gotten Amazon purchases by USPS, UPS and to a lesser degree Fed Ex.

On edit: In there more rural areas it doesn't make sense to send a delivery truck to a single delivery an hour away and I suspect that Amazon, UPS and Fed Ex all have an agreement with USPS to hand off such a delivery since USPS is going to be delivering in that area no matter what.

Edited by Chantry
  • Like 1

99% of my Amazon deliveries are by USPS, a few larger items come UPS. 

USPS isnt much better

Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility

SIOUX FALLS SD DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

April 8, 2024, 8:56 pm

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

RAPID CITY SD DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

April 8, 2024, 3:23 pm

Departed USPS Regional Facility

SIOUX FALLS SD DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

April 8, 2024, 10:35 am

Processing at USPS Facility

CORRECTIONVILLE, IA 51016