SASS Wire Forum

BOB Stroller to Gun Cart

I picked up a BOB stroller off of Freecycle. That's a $500 stroller, in good condition, free to me.

I claimed it to make it into a gun cart. But I'm a bit unclear as to how to store the long guns.

Has anyone converted a BOB stroller?

Thanks!

OIP.jpeg

thats a really nice platform for a gun cart , as you can see there are lots of suggestions , but i needed to chirp in to say "WELL DONE" i envy you , mime have always revolved around a golf bag cart , i like minimalist approach , but these are far more versatile and maneuverable  , i like the packability but the stability of the buggy platform has always made sense to me , just dont "overbuild" it keep it simple and efficient 

• Like 1

I used baby joggers for years until my wife started shooting and I forced to buy a bigger Rugged Gear gun cart.  I started 20 years ago with a 3 wheeled golf push cart with a giant pro golf bag.  I took a lot of grief for that idea, but it worked well.  My baby joggers were the next step.

I always kept as much of the nylon cloth as I could on the baby joggers I converted.  What I did on all my conversions was to attach ATV gun racks, like the ones pictured below on the link, near the push handle.  Most of the time I was able to attach them to the existing plastic box with a little reinforcement.  On some joggers, I had a slip on board with the rubber gun racks attached.  On the last two joggers, I had a drop-in plywood board that gave the long gun butts a place to sit securely. I wore out three jogger conversions before I switched to a bigger Rugged Gear cart.

Kolpin ATV Rhino Grips XL Single Attachment System | Bass Pro Shops

I wanted my gun cart to look like a baby jogger when it was folded up in the back of my SUV especially when it was sitting in the parking lot of a hotel at a multiday out of town big shoot. 

• Like 1

That's what B B King asked his wife after she showed him that she had his initials tattooed on her butt cheeks.....he demanded to know "who is B o B"......

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

I used baby joggers for years until my wife started shooting and I forced to buy a bigger Rugged Gear gun cart.  I started 20 years ago with a 3 wheeled golf push cart with a giant pro golf bag.  I took a lot of grief for that idea, but it worked well.  My baby joggers were the next step.

I always kept as much of the nylon cloth as I could on the baby joggers I converted.  What I did on all my conversions was to attach ATV gun racks, like the ones pictured below on the link, near the push handle.  Most of the time I was able to attach them to the existing plastic box with a little reinforcement.  On some joggers, I had a slip on board with the rubber gun racks attached.  On the last two joggers, I had a drop-in plywood board that gave the long gun butts a place to sit securely. I wore out three jogger conversions before I switched to a bigger Rugged Gear cart.

Kolpin ATV Rhino Grips XL Single Attachment System | Bass Pro Shops

I wanted my gun cart to look like a baby jogger when it was folded up in the back of my SUV especially when it was sitting in the parking lot of a hotel at a multiday out of town big shoot. 

Are those wide enough for our SxS shotguns? Some aren't. Thanks

36 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Believe it or not, it stands for Beast Of Burden.

Thanks for the info. Kind of a weird name for a baby buggy. I kind of thought it might be “Baby On Board” or perhaps some cutesy name only rich trophy wives would or could afford, like; (this must be said like Mr. Howell only in a woman’s voice) Belaire, Oh Baby… :D

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

What does “BOB” stand for, please?

i think its "baby on board" but ill bow to any other , better , response , ive always had two wheel golf carts for my 3-dgun and SASS carts , but i used a 3-wheeler for sporting clays , all of mine have nul0n and vinyl , those modern gunrack holders , im lighter than most and im still carrying an umbrella , water , and ceegar stuff too , i do carry one extra stage of amo generally and a little cash if there is a brass picking kid to pay ,   

• 2 months later...

I have a used BOB revolution and am in the process of turning it into a gun cart. BOB is the Cadillac of jogging stroller.  Very sturdy and manurable and can hold up to 75lbs.  @John Ray Davishow did your project go? 

9 minutes ago, John Ray Davis said:

@Billy Rocks With my daughter's wedding this spring, I haven't touched it yet. If you have any suggestions or photos, please share.

Well if you wait to much longer, she might need it next year....Then you gain one and loose one...One is good to enjoy...The other might just smile back to you...Then ask for a clean up....

Texas Lizard

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Texas Lizard said:

Well if you wait to much longer, she might need it next year....Then you gain one and loose one...One is good to enjoy...The other might just smile back to you...Then ask for a clean up....

Texas Lizard

True. And I have thought of that.

But this stroller is a beast. I can't imagine a young mother hauling this out of the minivan, setting it up, and then later taking it down and stowing it away. It's heavy and awkward to open or close. Unless you're taking your infant on a run through the mountains, I think there are better options.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I picked up a BOB stroller for $40. Around here, they sell fast as soon as the price drops below $50. Prices often start a bit over $200. It is a much better stroller than most other used ones which range from free to $20.

My step 0 (purchase):

IMG_3164.thumb.jpeg.01a6cad54a8130f67284cd89ee8b22c6.jpeg

My step 1 (strip the cloth, kept only the plastic backer board and 2 straps for now, may not use them. All screws back in their holes).:

IMG_3165.thumb.jpeg.a03d7fc0cf6af83b8ce6a5976ee076f0.jpeg

No other steps yet other than looking at pics on this forum.

Edited by John Kloehr
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2024 at 7:29 AM, Buffalo gus said:

My bobs stroller. I removed everything other than the bottom fabric and started from there. I works well just need alittle more storage. 

IMG_6729.jpeg

I sit mine just like this...use leather ties to keep the mizzles in place. Easy Peasy.

Put a pistol rack across the front.

• Like 1