She's a beauty without a bra!

love-bugs-bunny.gif.308c8c1bba7663fc7464b83cfed98e95.gif

Snip-it_1710960805606.thumb.jpg.16a1fb53822795f6e9710eeca13dcadd.jpg

WIth a bra. :angry:

s-l400.jpg.21f00f25c64e62bf261be76e259c8ad8.jpg

I know what you were expecting!:P

Edited by Father Kit Cool Gun Garth
  • Haha 1

You must have posted the wrong picture, Father Kit.

• Haha 1

Well, let's just say a bra was not needed...

Kind of have a feeling this thread may not last long even if no particular post pushes too far in any direction.

Made me look! Lol

• Thanks 1

you can put a bra on her but you just covering up the beauty , you get to enjoy these for a certain number of years - let her go braless while she still has her looks , 

• Haha 1

Just because this is an automotive pet peeve of mine.

Car "Bras" or Leading edge masks are STUPID.

I am referring to the cloth, mesh and strapped protectors as shown in the pictures not to Expel or PPF or any clear film based products.

They are applied ostensibly to "protect" the paint. 

But there are TWO major issues with this;

first the cloth and straps will ALWAYS vibrate and move - this vibration will wear thru paint and grill surfaces causing more damage than if the car had been left unmasked.  And IF you don't remove them regularly to wash away the dust, dirt and grit that find their way under the mask - the nose will look like it was sandblasted.

Second is the asinine idea that you should take a pretty thing; cover it up with an ugly thing and then just imagine to yourself how pretty it is under the covering.

I feel the exact way about Dash covers to protect the dash from sun fading or cracking.

How about I leave the dash uncovered and attractive and THEN when/ if it fades or cracks - then Ill cover it up with a fuzzy dashmat?

• Like 1

I bet she is !Screenshot_20210416-083749_Gallery.thumb.jpg.53d6b0a2ad1ae491c51c5e71cf9509e4.jpg

I can see using the "bra" for two months out of the year, that being Love Bug season. For those who've never had the pleasure of cleaning them off of your vehicle, you're lucky. The "bra" should be removed after the month is over or, as Creeker described, you'll damage the paint in other ways.

During Love Bug season, it is not uncommon to hit a "cloud" consisting of 10's of thousands of them while driving on Interstate type roads. In less that 10 seconds, the entire front of your vehicle can be coated with the little bastards, see picture below. I've actually had to stop and clean the windshield to be able to see through it. If you don't wash them entirely off within a day, they WILL eat the paint off your vehicle wherever their guts have splattered. 

Tip on cleaning them off your vehicle. Use wet dryer sheets to scrub them off along with the regular soap and water routine. Whatever you do, do not try to get them off of your windshield by using your "clean windshield" selection on your wiper...you'll be REAL SORRY if you do.

For those lucky folks that don't have Love Bugs, this is what Florida folks have to deal with twice a year.

How to Clean Lovebugs from Your Car - Autotrader