SASS Wire Forum

Kinda boring , I couldn’t make it through half of it. 

I listened til about a quarter way through the video. I shut it off as I didn’t recognize what was being played as “Hotel California”. 
A bit later I decided to listen further and then I could hear the beginning notes of the song. I watched / listened to the whole video. I liked it. Very nicely done. Thanks Kit. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Pat. I listened for about a minute, and it was just noise. But based on what Pat said, I started listening to it again at about 2 minutes and 30 seconds. And wow. She was playing Hotel California. It was different. But it was kind of cool. But that first two minutes or so - that was just noise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

I listened til about a quarter way through the video. I shut it off as I didn’t recognize what was being played as “Hotel California”. 
A bit later I decided to listen further and then I could hear the beginning notes of the song. I watched / listened to the whole video. I liked it. Very nicely done. Thanks Kit. :)

8 hours ago, Alpo said:

Thank you Pat. I listened for about a minute, and it was just noise. But based on what Pat said, I started listening to it again at about 2 minutes and 30 seconds. And wow. She was playing Hotel California. It was different. But it was kind of cool. But that first two minutes or so - that was just noise.

The Eagles have a live version of Hotel California that has kind of a calypso feel to it. The version of the song as posted sounds quite a bit like the Eagles' calypso/live version. I liked the version posted, it's different and the musician has obvious talent.

Edited by Cypress Sun
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks @Cypress Sun I used to really like that song. Pretty sure I have heard it at least 30,000 times. I am skipping watching the Eagles video. The song is trying to bore through my skull as it is. 
A few years ago I had Hotel California boring into my skull for nearly 2 weeks. I just couldn’t get rid of it. I’ll pass on the Calypso version. ;)

(Pat walks out whistling “Free Bird”)

Edited by Pat Riot
  • Haha 2

I liked it.

Considering that Oriental music is based on completely different intervals( 13 instead of 8 ?), I thought the musician was pretty talented.

I will agree that the intro was a little long, but they had to set up the sampling.

And I  like Mongolian throat singing, too.

Hu rocks!

Choctaw

• Thanks 1

Two comments:

1) Its appears most of you listening are used to the "FM" version that cut the intro off to shorten it for the required air time.  You're not used to hearing the intro. Cypress's video, from the "Hell Freezes Over" tour has the intro as well.

2) You have to realize the person playing in the @Father Kit Cool Gun Garth version is playing ALL THREE guitar parts at once; lead, rhythm and bass.  Pretty impressive if you ask me.

I liked it.  Thanks for the exposure, FKCGG.

• Thanks 2