SASS Wire Forum

do you suppose ballistics could tell?

Alpo

They have decided that the murder bullet was from a 380.

Normally a 380 fires a 90 or 95 grain solid bullet. While normally a 9 mm Luger fires a 115 to 147 grain bullet.

But since they both fire a .355 bullet I don't see why I could not load a 90 grain 380 bullet into my 9 mm. And then the great ballistics experts would determine that he had been killed with the 380, and they would not be looking for me. Yay.

Or, I could load a 115 bullet into my 380, and they would be looking for a killer with a Luger, and ignore my Browning short. :P

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

They have decided that the murder bullet was from a 380.

Normally a 380 fires a 90 or 95 grain solid bullet. While normally a 9 mm Luger fires a 115 to 147 grain bullet.

But since they both fire a .355 bullet I don't see why I could not load a 90 grain 380 bullet into my 9 mm. And then the great ballistics experts would determine that he had been killed with the 380, and they would not be looking for me. Yay.

Or, I could load a 115 bullet into my 380, and they would be looking for a killer with a Luger, and ignore my Browning short. :P

I'm pretty sure the part of having his lung blown right out of his body would point to your 9mm :lol:

i think forensics have their tests but i also think some things on TV/Movies are not as accurate as they make out , 

there is nothing stopping you from loading different weight bullets we do it all the time in this venue , but , i think each bores leave certain characteristics 

22 minutes ago, watab kid said:

i think forensics have their tests but i also think some things on TV/Movies are not as accurate as they make out , 

there is nothing stopping you from loading different weight bullets we do it all the time in this venue , but , i think each bores leave certain characteristics 

If you really wanted to confuse them you could load a 115gr 9mm bullet in a .38 case. It wouldn't be accurate at range, but up close it would be fine. 

11 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

If you really wanted to confuse them you could load a 115gr 9mm bullet in a .38 case. It wouldn't be accurate at range, but up close it would be fine. 

i thought that and some others too , 

10 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

4 hours ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

first of all , is NOT to leave any brass 

:ph34r:

Nooo! If you load a 9mm bullet into a .38, then you drop a piece of 9mm brass that you picked up at the range.

Use a 454 casull, an extremely fast powder like bullseye or accurate number two, a 410 wad and as many 000 buckshot as you could get in the case.

The great ballistics people would decide that the victim was shot with a 410, probably a judge or a governor. B)

15 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I'm pretty sure the part of having his lung blown right out of his body would point to your 9mm :lol:

Though you are still probably safe unless the examiner is a real expert named “Joe”

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:
Gateway Kid

21 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

if you really wanted to mess up the forensics you would deface the bore - severly , but then you need to wipe away all traces of doing it , all traces , not as easy as it sounds these days , if the budget is there and the posecuter wants to chase it it would be tuff to get away ....if you were an honest upstanding citizen , but then if your already a petty criminal or an illegal you most likely would hit that revolving door and walk away in hours 

Archived