SASS Wire Forum

Gift cards anti- ATF

Got new retirement medical insurance for this year from AT&T. Part of the new insurance was a house visit from a nurse to perform a wellness check. She did a more thorough job than my PCP!! She gave us 2 really decent insulated shopping bags and we just received 2 Visa gift cards @$50 each. The letter with them for activation said NOT to be used for "Alcohol, Firearms, or Tobacco! " :o

Edited by Eyesa Horg
  • Sad 5

29 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Got new retirement medical insurance for this year from AT&T. Part of the new insurance was a house visit from a nurse to perform a wellness check. She did a more thorough job than my PCP!! She gave us 2 really decent insulated shopping bags and we just received 2 Visa gift cards @$50 each. The letter with them for activation said NOT to be used for "Alcohol, Firearms, or Tobacco! " :o

Well they did not say no powder, primers, brass or other ammo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

In those states where it’s illegal to single out such purchases, how the hell would they know??

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Cash register codes maybe?

37 minutes ago, Jim Brown said:

Well they did not say no powder, primers, brass or other ammo.

That's exactly what I told Ellie! :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When you get your first bill send it back with a check and a notice that none of your money is to be spent on liberal politics or policies in any way or manner including political lobbyists. ;) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4

I got a $50 Mastercard debit card from T-Mobile for signing up for their 5G Home Internet.  I tried to use it at Midway USA and several other online shooting websites.  It wouldn't work.  After considerable frustration, I went to T-Mobile's website and pulled up my account and paid the $50 on my bill.  I guess they couldn't refuse to accept their own worthless Mastercard debit card.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

Use the card to fill up old truck so you have enough gas to the gunshow

Perfect! Gotta work a show mid month an hour and a half away!

• Like 1

so when did the constitution allow the government to medle in our personal lives to these extents ? i dont think the founding fathers foresaw what is possible today but the way most of it was written it denied government these powers  , im seeing federal and states for that matter regulating things they really dont have the right to do , 

• Thanks 4

9 hours ago, watab kid said:

so when did the constitution allow the government to medle in our personal lives to these extents ? i dont think the founding fathers foresaw what is possible today but the way most of it was written it denied government these powers  , im seeing federal and states for that matter regulating things they really dont have the right to do , 

VISA is a private company, I don’t think the government had anything to do with this. Just my guess. @@$! You VISA!!

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

VISA is a private company, I don’t think the government had anything to do with this. Just my guess. @@$! You VISA!!

I suspect it may have been United Health Care! Although, surprisingly the nurse didn't ask about firearms like the doctors do. Either way,the invasion on our rights is getting way out of hand. :angry:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

amen to that - private company aside - ill deal with that [or rather never deal with them again] but who put the medical profession in charge of our private lives ? and by what authority ? im getting a bit fed up with all these intrusions into our private lives , our children's lives [excluding our authority over them] and the government intrusions , its like we have become a communist country [yes i know the democrat party is predominately that] but it seems both parties are going along these days , im starting to question both = do we need a new american party that cares about our constitutional rights ? 

came back to add that im just askin , is anyone else starting to wonder ? 

Edited by watab kid
  • Thanks 3

Yes, I'm starting to wonder. 

12 hours ago, watab kid said:

do we need a new american party that cares about our constitutional rights ? 

came back to add that im just askin , is anyone else starting to wonder ? 

I think we have needed that for a long time. There’s as much “acting” in politics as there is in professional wrestling. Unfortunately the one thing both parties will act swiftly on is crushing any third party. Look at what they did to the tea party, Trump and RFK Jr. They are better at eliminating the competition than any large business conglomerate. Both parties want people that will go along to get along. What happens this fall will be very telling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Oh, I'm betting we can spend the hundred bucks on stuff that meets their criteria.

• Like 1

How about explosives? They missed one.

• Haha 5

On 3/3/2024 at 6:01 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Actually, it’s up to the card sponsor or owner to determine what can be denied, not necessarily Visa or Master Card. 

I have 2 Master Cards by two Airlines that miraculously will not work at gun stores. “There’s a problem with completing this purchase” is what I get when I call. **** ‘em!

I have a Master Card for another airline that works just fine at gun stores. 

I have 2 Visa cards and that  work just fine at gun stores. 

It’s all about the sponsor or contractor for the Visa or Master Card. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I think we have needed that for a long time. There’s as much “acting” in politics as there is in professional wrestling. Unfortunately the one thing both parties will act swiftly on is crushing any third party. Look at what they did to the tea party, Trump and RFK Jr. They are better at eliminating the competition than any large business conglomerate. Both parties want people that will go along to get along. What happens this fall will be very telling. 

it certainly will , the swamp has gotten worse at every turn , 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

Actually, it’s up to the card sponsor or owner to determine what can be denied, not necessarily Visa or Master Card. 

I have 2 Master Cards by two Airlines that miraculously will not work at gun stores. “There’s a problem with completing this purchase” is what I get when I call. **** ‘em!

I have a Master Card for another airline that works just fine at gun stores. 

I have 2 Visa cards and that  work just fine at gun stores. 

It’s all about the sponsor or contractor for the Visa or Master Card. 

I had the same experience with a master card. They said that they were having problems with the transaction. I didn’t think much of it the first time but when it happened a second time and I called and they gave me the same excuse I just told them if I can’t purchase what I want with it the card is of no use to me. They put me through quite the lengthy process of going from one customer service agent to another trying to talk me out of canceling. With all the credit out there I don’t see any reason to use a company thats working that hard to limit what I can do. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I had the same experience with a master card. They said that they were having problems with the transaction. I didn’t think much of it the first time but when it happened a second time and I called and they gave me the same excuse I just told them if I can’t purchase what I want with it the card is of no use to me. They put me through quite the lengthy process of going from one customer service agent to another trying to talk me out of canceling. With all the credit out there I don’t see any reason to use a company thats working that hard to limit what I can do. 

The 2 cards that gave me grief are still active. They’re also actively resting in a small fire safe with zero balances. At some point the companies will tire of trying to get me to use them and cancel the cards. This way it will not impact my credit rating. If I cancel them it will because one of those cards is my oldest card. I have had an account with them for over 25 years. 

Funny story.

I have a Cabela’s Club Card. I was ticked off when BPS bought and ruined Cabela’s. Also, the Cabela’s Card was completely owned by Cabela’s. It wasn’t a store card with Capital One, Chase or Barclays or any other company  underwriting it (I hope I am using the correct terminology here). 
Anyway, the Cabela’s card is now through Capital One. 
One day I used my Cabela’s Csrd at Bass Pro for an ammunition purchase. It was declined!

I was testy, PO’d and pretty much in a rage over this. 
I went straight up to BPS Customer Service and demanded assistance. As they were dithering around I call Capital One and I was mentally loaded for bear but I maintained my composure as the nice lady who had unluckily had drawn the short straw said “Your card is perfectly fine Mr. Riot. The problem is from the point of sale.” I turned to see 3 apprehensive Bass Pro employees looking at me as if they were hoping to interrupt me before I blew up on the phone. 
It turns out Bass Pro’s system went haywire and they were working to fix it. 
I left. I dropped by Sportsman’s Warehouse and found the same ammo cheaper and bought it there…with my Cabela’s Card. :D

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rolling Roulette said:

Pretty much everyone that's tired of this BS forced on us all.`

And nothing will happen but talk and thats why we are in the position now that we are . The LEO's for the most part will "Just do their job" as they are told too the oath many take just words 

• Like 1