SASS Wire Forum

Would you drive over/through them?

Alpo

image.png.4ce42da4e8fabb6c042b7ef9c17ffd4d.png.368c3129df0329ae6341080018516149.png

That was my first thought. Drive through them. They're not alive.

But not having experience with snow, would that be a bad idea? Would it damage the car?

I can see Calvin having a fit, and maybe the neighbors thinking bad things about dear old dad there.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Alpo said:

image.png.4ce42da4e8fabb6c042b7ef9c17ffd4d.png.368c3129df0329ae6341080018516149.png

That was my first thought. Drive through them. They're not alive.

But not having experience with snow, would that be a bad idea? Would it damage the car?

I can see Calvin having a fit, and maybe the neighbors thinking bad things about dear old dad there.

Snowmen are possible because of wet, heavy snow. No damage to the car unless you slam into them. Either way you’d get hi-centered with a lot of packed snow underneath. Then you’re stuck good. 

6 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

f they have frozen as will happen with wet snow they might do damage to that little car

That's why I suspected it might cause damage.

So if you drove slowly through them - more "pushing them down" than "knocking them over" - should you be able to get through?

14 minutes ago, Alpo said:

So if you drove slowly through them - more "pushing them down" than "knocking them over" - should you be able to get through?

Doubtful, especially with a car like Calvin’s dad. At best all that would happen is they shear off at the level of the frame. Not much traction available when the weight of the car is spread out over a mattress of snow. Most likely the car would build up a damn of packed, heavy snow in front. Can’t power thru that. 

25 minutes ago, Alpo said:

You don’t have much of a head start, and very little weight and horsepower.It depends, how frozen to the surface are they.

I work from home full time and can get food and alcohol delivered, so I'd wait for them to melt.  I'd also make Calvin take them all down

• Haha 1

Neither, as the above is a cartoon and I live in CA where it does not snow.
Now... if that question was about driving over or through, a raft of protesters, that would be a question in need of serious thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Neither, as the above is a cartoon and I live in CA where it does not snow.
Now... if that question was about driving over or through, a raft of protesters, that would be a question in need of serious thought.

I’ve thrown snowballs in California.

• Like 1

I’d drive through them. Laughing. Might back up over em after must for fun. I have good tires. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

having some degree of experience with snow i would drive through with my truck , slowly , but not with the wifes car - id go with the torch in that case , you can only build snowmen with warmer wetter snow so its gonna yeild but may bunch under the chassis , you dont want to take a run at it or your in for some dents 

oh , and one might want to make sure the builder didnt build them on fenceposts - that would make for a mad day ,