SASS Wire Forum

My turn to seek out the Prayer Posse

It was kinda’ strange to roll into Schoolmarm’s room this morning and not see a bunch of wires and tubing hooked up to her!!

She is more alert and active. She had cereal and fruit for breakfast and called me on the phone to have me bring her a Coke on my way in.

Still awaiting the move to rehab.  All of her numbers and vitals are improvingand she was paying some of the household bills when I got here.

I slipped up, night before last, and failed to take my regular meds. Not a real issue, but I went ahead and took them yesterday morning and some of them can cause light headedness if taken at the wrong time.  I won’t do that again anytime soon!

I’m making preparations for my own trip to the hospital on Friday.  I’ll try to keep y’all updated on everything, but some information may be delayed.  ‘Til Friday lunchtime, I am still on the job!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

OK, Blackwater!

Bend over for a  a kick in the butt

TAKE YOUR MEDS!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We just got the news that they are preparing to move Schoolmarm to the rehab facility in the hospital this afternoon!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Great news!

• Thanks 1

Heading back up today. Keeping getting stronger Schoolmarm.

• Thanks 1

SO!  Schoolmarm is settled into her new room and has received a rehab evaluation. No need for speech therapy and they took her walker away from her. The therapist said she needed to walk on her own. They got her up and walked her around and took her to the gym this morning for her first physical therapy session. 

She is eating a little better, but still really not good enough. The doctor has told her that she has to drink much more liquids.

She is still struggling with the low blood sugar, but I think that is a function of her not eating well.

The occupational therapist just arrived and is going to do an evaluation on that portion of her condition. Looks like she might be finally kicking it into gear.

I will be checking into the hospital myself tomorrow morning, so any reports will be secondhand and slightly delayed.

Thank all of you again for your support and prayers. It means more than you know. Y’all keep shooting straight!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Prayers up for all. Glad Schoolmarm is past the scary part. Good luck tomorrow Blackwater with your foot! Sure hope they get it resolved this time. 

EH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still standing up on my knees for you and Schoolmarm!

Delighted and just plainly pickled tink at your good report on her restored kidney function!

Now let's get your hind hoof fixed and will be interested to see if the don't-leave-it-open-this-time approach is helpful!

(Imis, haven't forgotten you, pard, you are still included!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What wonderful news! You are in our prayers especially for you tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Prayers back up this morning Blackwater for Schoolmarm, Imis, and yourself. Wishing you the best and quick recovery with your surgery today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We'll be thinking of you all day and waiting for updates. Best of wishes Pards, you certainly deserve it. You've both had a long road.

• Thanks 1

I talked to Schoolmarm on the phone a few minutes ago.  She reports that her numbers have, again, improved and continue to do so.  She has already had one therapy session this morning and there are two more sessions scheduled for today.

She says that the food still sucks, but that she is eating the fruit and drinking more liquids as per instruction. She’s trying to get her menu adjusted.

Her spirits are up and she sounded very good!

I will be heading to the foot doctor in an hour or so and from there to the hospital.  Surgery is supposed to be done tomorrow with a 48 hour rest period and then a follow up to close the incision on Monday.  I’m supposed to be discharged on Tuesday.

I have to thank all of you again for your prayers and support! We are both encouraged by the posts, texts, and phone calls!  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

More prayers, from the Northern side of the Medicine Line, heading south for your Schoolmarm.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Still praying!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So glad Schoolmarm is doing better. Now it’s time to mend that foot and follow the docs orders to the t. Hugs and love ❤️ to you both. Keep the good news coming. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Prayers back up this morning for continued healing for Schoolmarm and Imis. Prayers for Blackwater's surgery going well. Get well you all!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It was a pretty good day for Schoolmarm.  Three PT workouts!  She worked hard enough to be a little sore.  I didn’t get much information on her numbers today, but she didn’t mention anything that might be a problem.

ON THE OTHER HAND!  My day was a total clown show!! No surgery today and no real explanation as to why.  I finally saw the doctor that is supposed to perform the first procedure around 1:30 today.  I was not given anything to eat because I was supposed to have surgery today, so they finally brought me a cold rubber chicken sandwich at around 2:00 pm. By then, Hatfield had brought me a nice big bag of some good beef jerky!

Anyway! The surgery is now scheduled for tomorrow morning and I have been assured that it will happen then.

No real damage, but I have wasted a day while going hungry and then eating bad food!! 

Hopefully, it’ll get better from here! :rolleyes: :lol:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

We missed you both at Wartrace today, I didnt shoot but that was OK. Let us know how tomorrow goes.

Imis ( on-going prayers)

Edited by Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Damn Blackwater, you can't make this crap up. Prayers continue for all. Hope your surgery is successful and it heals this time. Hang in there Pard.

Edited by Eyesa Horg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had several far more descriptive but much less repeatable terms for yesterday’s fiasco, but I would probably be excoriated severely for having used them!!

My nasty sense of humor has gotten me in trouble before!!  I am laughing in the “gallows humor” sense of the word!!

Like my late racing partner used to say, “I might as well laugh! It don’t do a damned bit of good to cry about it!!”

Gonna be a better day today!  Y’all got my back!! B)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

We're all here for ya Pard.;):FlagAm:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In and out of surgery in under an hour. I haven’t spoken to the doctor since the surgery was completed, but they didn’t wake me up to tell me of any complications.

I will let y’all know more when I get to talk to the doctor.

For those of you who are wondering that foot is still attached to the end of my leg!B) :lol:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Glad to hear  that Blackwater. You guys are in our prayers here.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

Blackwater , I got a nasty chainsaw down in the shop , I betya it will cut 

dude , get better , maybe , I will be able to get things on auto pilot here to get down that way 

Chickasaw Bill 

That’d be CHOICE!  I ain’t seen yer sorry carcass in way too long!!

• Haha 3

Keep us posted on what the Witch Doctor surgeon has to say and get better, ya old coot!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Blackwater...good to hear your both going in the right direction, will send some vegemite'..that will get you up & about..:ph34r:

I guess I could smear the Vegemite on my foot!  Maybe let it cure up like a rubber patch to protect my hide!!  :unsure: :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

BW, after all that hospital time and hospital food, a jar of Vegemite just might start sounding like a treat.  :rolleyes:

Truly... you and that sweet lady of yours are going to be due a good steak dinner with all the trimmings right soon.  And save the Vegemite for dessert!  :lol:

• Haha 4

Prayers heading back up today. Keep up the good work Schoolmarm & Blackwater. 

• Thanks 1