SASS Wire Forum

Sig’s advertising department is definitely not woke

a couple of years ago our school held an auction so I donated a local made AR 15 that went for double what I paid for it.  I bet if I bought the Sig and the school played this commercial as it was up for bidding it could go even higher

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Excellent! Bet the Taylor Swift Woke Bowl doesn't play it.

• Like 4

I have considered buying a Sig Sauer, but now I know I will. Yes, it’s a commercial meant to tug at one’s patriotic heart strings, but to me it’s not just a commercial. It’s a reminder of how this country came to be. People need that reminder once in a while and BRAVO! to Sig Sauer for making that commercial. 

What’s funny is Sig Sauer is a Swiss/German company. I guess many of our American companies are too focused on their money and pleasing their stockholders to bother with something like patriotism. 

• Like 5

Pat, the Sig P220 is a heck of a 45acp. ;)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

What’s funny is Sig Sauer is a Swiss/German company

That was my first thought when the commercial started. Sig is Swiss. Saure is German. And the commercial starts AS AMERICANS WE HAVE ALWAYS...

Funny. I didn't think the Swiss or the Germans were Americans.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

That was my first thought when the commercial started. Sig is Swiss. Saure is German. And the commercial starts AS AMERICANS WE HAVE ALWAYS...

Funny. I didn't think the Swiss or the Germans were Americans.

I guess they’re about as American as Beretta USA . My understanding is a German company owns them . And these guns are made by Americans in NH. 
Any more the lines are always blurred, you can buy a Toyota truck made in Tx or a Chevy made in Mexico. I guess it’s up to each individual to decide what’s really “American made” 

But since the US military is now using Sig pistols and Rifles that are made in American I guess I can buy their American as almost anything else anymore. Americans making guns for Americans, and at least Germany is an Allie, for the time being. And corporate headquarters supports commercials like this so they’re a company I’m willing to support. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

I have considered buying a Sig Sauer, but now I know I will. Yes, it’s a commercial meant to tug at one’s patriotic heart strings, but to me it’s not just a commercial. It’s a reminder of how this country came to be. People need that reminder once in a while and BRAVO! to Sig Sauer for making that commercial. 

What’s funny is Sig Sauer is a Swiss/German company. I guess many of our American companies are too focused on their money and pleasing their stockholders to bother with something like patriotism. 

I carry daily my Sig P238. It is a great little gun. I also have the Sig Texas Edition 1911 that is locked up in the safe. Very pretty gun.

TM

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Texas Maverick said:

I carry daily my Sig P238. It is a great little gun. I also have the Sig Texas Edition 1911 that is locked up in the safe. Very pretty gun.

TM

I was looking at their .380 pistols and saw the P238. I am going to have to check those out along with the P365-380. I have a Glock 43 that’s just a bit too snappy for me (wrist arthritis) and I am considering a P365 or maybe a Ruger LCP Max in .380. These 2 hold 10 rounds and have a longer grip, which help mitigate the snap during recoil. I haven’t handled the P238 or the other 2. I need to see what might work for me. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pat Riot said:

I was looking at their .380 pistols and saw the P238. I am going to have to check those out along with the P365-380. I have a Glock 43 that’s just a bit too snappy for me (wrist arthritis) and I am considering a P365 or maybe a Ruger LCP Max in .380. These 2 hold 10 rounds and have a longer grip, which help mitigate the snap during recoil. I haven’t handled the P238 or the other 2. I need to see what might work for me. 

I bought both the P238 and the P290. I stayed with the P238, it is accurate and nice to shoot. It is a little heavier than most 380's so the recoil is less. You should like it as well. I also have arthritis in the wrists and the P238 doesn't cause me any pain to shoot.

TM

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

They have the 365 with the built in comp . Never shot it myself but a couple buddies have told me it definitely reduces recoil. I’m actually considering trying that radian comp that was just released at shot show . I shot on on a glock and it worked great 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Excellent! Bet the Taylor Swift Woke Bowl doesn't play it.

That'll be the day.

I'll wager to say that the NFL and/or NBC would have never allowed that commercial to be broadcast during the Swiftybowl.

• Like 1