SASS Wire Forum

Packing the trailer for EOT

Morgun Play

Last week the temps reached the 80s.  This past week it was rainy and in the 50s.  This morning it was sprinkling but by the time the Cowtown match started at 9:00 it was sunny.  I was checking the weather reports all day yesterday to see if it was going to rain during today's match.  All day yesterday and late last night the weather reports changed by the HOUR.

• Like 1

Having been there quite a few times over the years I've found out that if you don't take both Hot and Cold wardrobes, you are making a mistake! It will absolutely rain. It will absolutely snow. It will absolutely be hotter than Hell. You can count on it......... maybe. :P 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 2/10/2024 at 7:15 PM, Morgun Play said:

Well the wife’s getting started, pretty sure she’s preparing for anything.  What say the official weatherman HC?

@Hells Comin says It’s gonna be perfect weather! :P However, I’m bringing layers…duster…maybe a blanket and some sunscreen! 

Hugs!

Scarlett

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scarlett said:

@Hells Comin says It’s gonna be perfect weather! :P However, I’m bringing layers…duster…maybe a blanket and some sunscreen! 

Hugs!

Scarlett

might can leave mosquito spray home.  However shot on that range in '76 when sand fleas were out and about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hells Comin said:

Don't forget the flip flops

got them.  Nine hats, at least 8 pairs of chinks/chaps,  and about 14 pairs of boots.  Outfits are NUMEROUS.  Where am I going to put  ammo for Tumbleweed, EOT, and warm ups?  O, then there are match guns, back-ups, and back-ups to the back-ups.  

24 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

got them.  Nine hats, at least 8 pairs of chinks/chaps,  and about 14 pairs of boots.  Outfits are NUMEROUS.  Where am I going to put  ammo for Tumbleweed, EOT, and warm ups?  O, then there are match guns, back-ups, and back-ups to the back-ups.  

Good heavens….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Too Tall Bob said:

Good heavens….

Don't take much for Sassy to look good, but Billy is different story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

So is that two pair each for you and all the rest is for SASSY?  :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He will change outfits 3 times in one match. Amazing!

22 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

So is that two pair each for you and all the rest is for SASSY?  :P

close, but don't tell her I said so.

7 hours ago, Rough 'N Ready Rob said:

Hey Morgun,

I think you and Doxie should take your Chirtmas outfit, you would be the hit of EOT.

Good luck down there.

Rob

U mean UP there.

On 2/13/2024 at 1:10 PM, Too Tall Bob said:

He will change outfits 3 times in one match. Amazing!

"'Cause every girl crazy 'bout a Sharp-dressed man"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/11/2024 at 7:05 PM, Tully Mars said:

Old Fashions are in the forecast!

That sound good. Of course around here they have to brandy old fashions. We will have the makings for them at the Wisconsin state shoot at our camper.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 8:15 AM, Scarlett said:

Hugs!

Scarlett

glad to hear your doing well scarlett , you gave some of us a scare , i only got to meet you last year , and i need some bullits , im with you on the extra gear just in case , often the weather does strange things when least expected - that mother nature givin us hugs 

On 2/18/2024 at 6:23 PM, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

"'Cause every girl crazy 'bout a Sharp-dressed man"

image.thumb.png.a34be5990df674554db802c6119614d0.png

A sharp-dressed man in Canadian, Texas circa 1910. Photographed by the great Julius Born, who owned a small general store with a simple studio in the back but turned that simple setup into works of great art. A truly great small-town Texas portrait artist. There is so much to love here but I'm hoping y'all know me well enough by now to know that it's that awesome hat that really grabs me. 

Edited by Texas Maverick
  • Like 3