SASS Wire Forum

Ruger/Marlin 1894 357

Irish Pat

I think the first batch of rifles released for sale to the public are either going to be really really good or really really bad.  Hopefully Ruger can overcome the damage Remington did to the Marlin brand. At least you can't fit a dime between the stock and receiver.  Let us know how well it shoots.  That's the true test.

50 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

No. This is a typical gun pic in online forums....

image.png.ab89072b6707df5678348e6815eb3676.png

I get it. This is a picture of mine.

CoyoteCap1887Winchester12gauges.jpg.9024afdcce3921e4c95c7c96f1c64353.jpg

And my left big toe somehow managed to get in the picture. Those shotguns are lying on a sheet on my bedroom floor. That is why my foot is in the picture. Because they are on the floor.

His rifle is on the table. If you want his foot in the picture obviously you want him to stand on the table.

23 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I get it. This is a picture of mine.

CoyoteCap1887Winchester12gauges.jpg.9024afdcce3921e4c95c7c96f1c64353.jpg

And my left big toe somehow managed to get in the picture. Those shotguns are lying on a sheet on my bedroom floor. That is why my foot is in the picture. Because they are on the floor.

His rifle is on the table. If you want his foot in the picture obviously you want him to stand on the table.

Not necessarily....I usually put guns on the counter in my office ( like he did his) , but I have to lean way back and contort to eliminate shadows from overhead lighting. Feet always get in the pic.

Aside from that, I hope these Ruger made Marlins turn out reliable.

I watched one gun review video where a guy was using a cell phone to take hand held video. He was setting in a recliner reclined.  In his pajamas his nasty bare feet with long yellow toe nails on display.  Twisting and turning the gun around as he related it to one on video game. 

I think the Marlin 94 in 357/44mag were some of the finest rifles ever made. (…along with the 39a, 336, and 1895.  I have at least one of each, all pre-safety.)

Here’s to hoping that Ruger can restore the Marlin name. I look forward to hearing a test report. 

That’s cool @Irish Pat

I am looking forward to seeing an 1894 in .45 Colt. I was planning on buying a Henry X model, but decided to wait until Marlin releases the 1894 .45 Colt “Dark Series” in a carbine. 

14 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I think the first batch of rifles released for sale to the public are either going to be really really good or really really bad.  Hopefully Ruger can overcome the damage Remington did to the Marlin brand. At least you can't fit a dime between the stock and receiver.  Let us know how well it shoots.  That's the true test.

I've seen many reviews, starting with the 1895s and continuing with the 336 and 1894 and every one has been positive. There was no reason to think Ruger's product would be 'really really bad."

Archived