SASS Wire Forum

REMINDER: Monty Python and the Holy Grail Showings Dec. 3&6

Pat Riot

Reminder to those of you interested: Tickets are now on sale for Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Showings will only be on 2 dates. Dec. 3rd and Dec. 6th. 

I got my tickets for a theater locally through Fandango.

5 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

Reminder to those of you interested: Tickets are now on sale for Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Showings will only be on 2 dates. Dec. 3rd and Dec. 6th. 

I got my tickets for a theater locally through Fandango.

Are you doing the standard showing or the interactive?

I exposed Desert Scorpion to Monthy Python the last time Holy Grail was in theatres (10 or so years back {maybe more}).

I wanted to take the grandkids to the interactive.

"Tis but a scratch"

2 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Are you doing the standard showing or the interactive?

I exposed Desert Scorpion to Monthy Python the last time Holy Grail was in theatres (10 or so years back {maybe more}).

I wanted to take the grandkids to the interactive.

"Tis but a scratch"

Just the movie. I wasn’t aware of this “interactive”. 
My wife is going to go with me, even though she rolls her eyes and gives me funny looks when I quote lines from Monty Python. :lol:

1 hour ago, Pat Riot said:

My wife is going to go with me, even though she rolls her eyes and gives me funny looks when I quote lines from Monty Python. :lol:

The interactive is "Qoute Along" so you are encouraged to interact with the movie.

I believe they are also placing the most qoutable parts in sub titles to assist those who don't know the movie quite as well.

My daughter, Desert Scorpion, is always quick with a "Neee" or "I fart in your general direction".

She loves Renaissance Faires and if not going in costume; her favorite shirt is still "Your mother was a hamster"

And, yes, we both get odd looks when I break out the "I'm not dead yet" and she goes right along with it.

6 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

And, yes, we both get odd looks when I break out the "I'm not dead yet" and she goes right along with it.

That’s great! :lol:

Yelling “Bring out your dead!” any time you see a pushcart or wheelbarrow being wheel along gets me some entertained but “stop embarrassing me” looks from my wife. Others in the area usually look at me like “What the hell is wrong with him”. Fans of Monty Python laugh, give me a high five or I will hear “But I’m not dead yet.”
Got the last one more than a couple of times. :lol:

18 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

That’s great! :lol:

Yelling “Bring out your dead!” any time you see a pushcart or wheelbarrow being wheel along gets me some entertained but “stop embarrassing me” looks from my wife. Others in the area usually look at me like “What the hell is wrong with him”. Fans of Monty Python laugh, give me a high five or I will hear “But I’m not dead yet.”
Got the last one more than a couple of times. :lol:

I use the "Bring out your dead" and "But I'm not dead yet" lines all the time in real life. Some know what it means, most don't. I use the "Questions three" from the bridge troll on occasion also. Hardly anyone knows that one, especially "What is the speed velocity of a fully laden swallow" while using my best impression of the troll. They just look at me like I'm crazy and stay away from me after that...I kind of like it.:ph34r:

9 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

Women have no sense of humor!!

I have tickets for December 3rd and received a call from the theater complex a couple weeks ago to tell me they had to move it to a larger theater and gave me my new seat numbers.  Guess the demand was larger than they originally anticipated. :D

1 minute ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

“Who’s that?”

”Must be a king or something.”

”How do you know?”

”He hasn’t got s**t all over him.”

Come and see the violence inherent in the system!  Help! Help!  He's repressing me!

9 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Add this to the list of things , I won't be doing :) 

Good. 

This is intended as a celebration of a certain form of comedic stylings.

Last thing needed is someone who doesn't want to play along.

Kind of like when a Modern 3 Gunner comes to a CAS match and looks down their nose - thinking we are all dressed stupid and quoting dumb movies.

As I'm sure you are; they might be a wonderful person; but in this environment - they aint needed.

5 minutes ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Good. 

Kind of like when a Modern 3 Gunner comes to a CAS match and looks down their nose - thinking we are all dressed stupid and quoting dumb movies.

As I'm sure you are; they might be a wonderful person; but in this environment - they aint needed.

15 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

HEATHEN! Obviously no sense of humor or kultcher:P

I bet you don't like The Rocky Horror Picture Show, either.

Who do you think is using the squirt gun.;)

2 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Good. 

LOL , Just not into that style of comedy , but to me Full Metal Jacket is a comedy and i get what you are saying kinda like riding a horse with white tennis shoes :)    You know it dont fit in I accept that I dont care for what I deem mindless comedy , I cant stand many of  Jim Carrey type comedies Ace Ventura Pet Detective  is a easy Pass for me , But the 3 gun types well Grew up with Cowboy guns and the 3 guns dont have much luck running any of my tactical drills  

On 11/30/2023 at 12:18 PM, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Add this to the list of things , I won't be doing :) 

3 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Thanks.  I'll mark my calendar so I'll be sure to miss it.

I am curious. Do either of you pop into stores that you won’t patronize to tell them that you won’t be patronizing them? :lol:

1 hour ago, Pat Riot said:

I am curious. Do either of you pop into stores that you won’t patronize to tell them that you won’t be patronizing them? :lol:

I have, but not always.  I did at Target, Sportsman's Warehouse, Best Buy, Canton Dragon, and some others.  It doesn't have to be over political reasons.  Some times it's s----y service, lack of products I count on, over pricing, etc.

I have told some that I just can't stand their arrogance and am going to get the same product from the Amazon hub three miles east of here.

I told a regional manager at Home Depot that I wouldn't be back because their store is an over-crowdrd, poorly staffed and with poorly trained staff, user unfriendly disaster waiting to happen.  He smirked and asked what other choices I had.  he was shocked when I pointed out a Home Depot a few mile away on the Yavapai Apache reservation, Lowe's, Allied, True value, and Amazon.  Him I reported to the corporate HQ.

27 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Naw just for you , so feel special :)

Oh, I do. After interacting with you I feel like Special Ed.

:lol::lol::lol:

Just got back from the movie theater…and I’m not dead!

What a grand show!  :lol:

If you should ask yourself if it’s a good idea to see the show…

monty-python-quotes-inline-8.jpg

“’Course it’s a good idea!” – God

Archived