SASS Wire Forum

Military Meme's

PowderRiverCowboy

On 12/19/2023 at 9:45 AM, Alpo said:

While I myself have never done it, I have been told that they are quite warm. I remember one frosty December night at a football game, while standing there shivering in my wool band uniform waiting to go on field I asked one of the majorettes - who was wearing what appeared to be a sequin covered one piece bathing suit - why she wasn't freezing to death with her bare arms and legs. She told me that her arms were cold but her pantyhose kept her legs warm.

Does anyone remember Joe Namath advertising "Manny Hose" on TV?  They were touted as perfect for cold weather but the ads only ran for a very short time and I never saw an actual pair of them.

• Like 3

On 12/19/2023 at 9:42 AM, Chantry said:

Nylons also work very well in preventing blisters on your feet.  Personally I only used the ankle high ones, but I'm guessing a bunch of you wear the full sized one.  :P

When William Shatner filmed one of his later Star Trek movies, he was jumping a horse over a gully repeatedly and spent time in the saddle otherwise.

He was asked how he kept from getting saddle sores and said, "Pantyhose."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

When William Shatner filmed one of his later Star Trek movies, he was jumping a horse over a gully repeatedly and spent time in the saddle otherwise.

He was asked how he kept from getting saddle sores and said, "Pantyhose."

He and Patrick Stewart both wore them while filming "Generations". Stewart did so on Shatner's recommendation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Dapper Dynamite Dick said:

10676275_10201933725143851_7180177563274866340_n.jpg

This reminds me of a dipstick contractor we had doing some testing on our rail cars. He insisted his people call him “Sergeant” as he was a Sergeant in the Army. His name was Thomas. 

He insisted that I call him Sergeant. I did not. 
He got a bit perturbed that I wouldn’t. So much so that he asked the site manager to insist that myself and my crews call him Sergeant. 
I told his manager that this was silly and a waste of time that wasted tax dollars in the process. Then I decided that Thomas should call us, myself and veteran members of my crews, by our former ranks / ratings along with our last names. All together we represented the Navy, Marines, Army and Air Force. 
Thomas relented and that was the end of that nonsense. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This is a weird picture I found. I can’t get a translation on all the words. I think they’re Danish. It’s just a weird picture I found. 

image.thumb.jpeg.39d5882e069bedb18ec9233f06ad34d2.jpeg

• Like 1

It really ticks me off when I am looking for military and navy humor and I find a bunch of NCIS tv show horse crap. 

Flippin’ search engine Nancy Boys have no clue. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I realize that you didn't draw the picture, but - those two squids. They got tennis balls on the bottoms of their chairs?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

To keep the chairs from rolling around when the ship pitches and rolls with the waves.

Onboard the FID, while we were trans-Lanting back from a Med cruise, we went through some heavy weather. One of the office spaces wound up with chairs jammed against the door (no tennis balls). They had to send a skinny guy crawling through the voids to get into the space to pull the chairs off the door.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Alpo said:

I realize that you didn't draw the picture, but - those two squids. They got tennis balls on the bottoms of their chairs?

6 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

To keep the chairs from rolling around when the ship pitches and rolls with the waves.

1 hour ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

Onboard the FID, while we were trans-Lanting back from a Med cruise, we went through some heavy weather. One of the office spaces wound up with chairs jammed against the door (no tennis balls). They had to send a skinny guy crawling through the voids to get into the space to pull the chairs off the door.

Thanks Pards. I learned something today. 

I rarely went into CIC (Combat Information Center) aboard my ship and when there I wasn’t there long. I didn’t notice if their chairs and stools even had wheels let alone tennis balls on them. 

• Like 1