SASS Wire Forum

do you pop air packaging?

Alpo

I'm not thinking so much of bubble wrap as I am the big pillow things where the air pocket is about the size of a giant burrito.

I got a package from Amazon today and that was in it. They use that a lot. I presume that's because air is quite light so shipping is less.

And I did is I always do with that stuff. I got a razor knife and I sliced each pocket. Because that way I can wad it up to something about the size of a softball and throw it in the garbage, when before it would fill up a 5 gallon bucket.

And this reminded me of an NCIS episode where they had somehow put this deadly nerve gas inside the air pocket. Just a couple or three drops. And if you popped the pocket and exposed those two or three drops to the air in the room, everybody in the room would die.

The politician is in the hospital room, and his son is in the room with him, and a package is delivered and the son opens it, removes the air pillow packaging, and as he's looking at the present he's idly popping the air pillows. Fortunately the team gets there in time to preventing from popping the one that had the gas.

And Abby says something about nobody can resist popping them.

But if you don't pop them how do you throw them away? :P

My gal sells a lot of craft items and other stuff. We save the bubble packaging, both small and large bubbles, for repacking her items to ship. She even saves the Amazon bubble mailers for the same type use.

I still can't resist popping a few bubbles though.

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

I use an ice pick and pretend each one is a lobotomy I'm giving to a member of Congress.

Too late!

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

1 hour ago, watab kid said:

NP - you dont know where that air came from or whats in it , 

The air in the packaging would be the same air as in the box if it was fully taped.  Those air packaging machines are tabletop units now and fill the plastic with atmospheric air from the packing line.

@Alpo Yes, air packaging is the cheaper void fill.  Air pillows are cheaper than bubble wrap.  The weight doesn't factor in, our shipping rate contracts for UPS and FedEx rounded any decimal up to the next whole pound.  The savings comes from lower material and labor costs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2023 at 12:25 AM, sassnetguy50 said:

The air in the packaging would be the same air as in the box if it was fully taped.  Those air packaging machines are tabletop units now and fill the plastic with atmospheric air from the packing line.

@Alpo Yes, air packaging is the cheaper void fill.  Air pillows are cheaper than bubble wrap.  The weight doesn't factor in, our shipping rate contracts for UPS and FedEx rounded any decimal up to the next whole pound.  The savings comes from lower material and labor costs.

yes i get that but , who knows what disease is in it ............im really not worried but just sayin , look at all the invasive plants and animals we have had introduced , do we need invasive bacteria and such ? 

Life is a terminal disease... nobody gets out alive.

Most of my electronic parts come from New York City.
The bags are inflated there, but I have zero fears of them containing the Blue Flu.

I thought the blue flu was a police disease.

Police have a union, but they are not allowed to go on strike. So when they want better pay, or better working conditions, or more vacation, or whatever, they can't strike for it. So they call in sick.

They have the blue flu.

Like so many words in the English languages, there are multiple definitions.
In this case, the Blue Flu are big city liberals who relocate to Red states and infect them with their big city liberal politics (and feral children).
Phoenix, Houston and Austin all come to mind, with their swelling numbers of Democrats.

I do wonder if the Soros crowd is providing funding or other incentives for Blue voters to infiltrate Red states to flip them.

Archived