SASS Wire Forum

Okay, this is just plain silly.

H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619

I recently found one at an LGS for $38 and I snagged it, at those prices I may put it in the safe for my children's college fund!

That particular auction has been relisted several times, but they'd sell for his price if he listed them in smaller lots.

I've seen 9 oz cans sell on GB for over $425 ea. Apparently it's in great demand by the sub-sonic/suppressor crowd. 

This auction was for two 9 oz bottles.

TrailBoss.thumb.jpg.63a53abb36752c44ff25f2b5807ecffe.jpg

1 hour ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

That particular auction has been relisted several times, but they'd sell for his price if he listed them in smaller lots.

I've seen 9 oz cans sell on GB for over $425 ea. Apparently it's in great demand by the sub-sonic/suppressor crowd. 

This auction was for two 9 oz bottles.

TrailBoss.thumb.jpg.63a53abb36752c44ff25f2b5807ecffe.jpg

and he even charged for the shipping

TM

6 hours ago, Texas Maverick said:

and he even charged for the shipping

TM

My 30 lbs.. is now worth over 250,000 I am  RICH . Off to Bermuda I go.

5 minutes ago, Texas Jack Black said:

My 30 lbs.. is now worth over 250,000 I am  RICH . Of to Bermuda I go.

Problem is someone that will actually pay that price. LOL

A fool and his money would soon be parted. 

TM

4 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Apparently it's in great demand by the sub-sonic/suppressor crowd. 

Interesting...

The only autoloading pistol I could get it to work with was .45 ACP.   I would not work with 9mm, .38 Super, .380, or .32 ACP.   I may try it with .38 ACP if I ever get a pistol in that caliber to see if it works, but I tend to think it won't.   

3 hours ago, Itchy Trigger said:

I heard that it is in high demand by the 300-blackout crowd.

Me not know why.

To get the rounds sub-sonic, so a suppressor works. 

14 hours ago, Cholla said:

I realize that, but I have a hard time believing that there are a hundred different options that would work, maybe not as well, but would work at a fraction of the cost.

On 9/28/2023 at 7:37 PM, Cholla said:

The bullet going off inside the rifle? Seriously?

22 minutes ago, Silver Creek Jack said:

Wouldn’t give 20 cents for that crap. J MHO

I agree.  It was a bad financial decision even back when prices were normal.  I can load about 70% more 44-40 cartridges with a 16oz.bottle of Titegroup than I can with a 9oz. bottle of Trailboss.  Titegroup has been available here and there throughout the component shortage, and I saw some last week at a local store for 31.99 a pound. 

1 minute ago, Chuckwagon McTaggart said:

I agree.  It was a bad financial decision even back when prices were normal.  I can load about 70% more 44-40 cartridges with a 16oz.bottle of Titegroup than I can with a 9oz. bottle of Trailboss.  Titegroup has been available here and there throughout the component shortage, and I saw some last week at a local store for 31.99 a pound. 

Titegroup is one of my favorite powders that along with Vhitovouri N 320 that is so superior to trailboss it isn’t even funny.

On 9/28/2023 at 8:19 AM, Itchy Trigger said:

I recently found one at an LGS for $38 and I snagged it, at those prices I may put it in the safe for my children's college fund!

Going on SIX years out of production (June 1st, 2018), and you found one in stock at a retail gun shop? They must have just found where it fell behind a shelf four years ago. :lol:

7 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Going on SIX years out of production (June 1st, 2018), and you found one in stock at a retail gun shop? They must have just found where it fell behind a shelf four years ago. :lol:

It was one of about 40 unopened bottles from the owners "personal behind-the-shelf stock" that he decided to bring out. Alas, only one of the bottles was TrailBoss. Believe me, I asked if there was by any chance a second bottle I could buy.

Archived