SASS Wire Forum

Motorcycles

Subdeacon Joe

46 minutes ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

This is my last one, I'm done. I started it a couple times this year, but didn't ride it anywhere. :mellow:

Vulcan_00.thumb.jpg.f697010c086828373b94bc358c7ba301.jpg

I miss my Kawasaki Vulcan. Definitely a favorite bike of mine. I could see owning another one someday. 

• Like 2

Since I now leave too much bark on the road and can't stand anymore gravel rash, this is more my speed.

c9e807b11a2e1ca8f653cfe0508564be (1).jpg

c9e807b11a2e1ca8f653cfe0508564be.jpg

• Like 3

Flathead power!!

EDIT!  Looks like a ServiCar.

Edited by Blackwater 53393

42 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Since I now leave too much bark on the road and can't stand anymore gravel rash, this is more my speed.

c9e807b11a2e1ca8f653cfe0508564be (1).jpg

That reminded me of these:

image.thumb.png.4212d08665a361045c0e8663140484b7.png

These are powered by Sportster engines. I saw them in San Diego county years ago.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I’ve thought of taking a Legends racecar and putting a Harley Davidson engine in it!  The “big twin” can be pushed out to 160 cid and would be fun to kick around. You can add a six speed transmission and there are kits to add a reverse for a trike setup!

It would be…. Interesting!!

• Like 3

I'm thinking about a Quad.

With a winch and 30 or so feet of 1/4" and a 10 foot piece of aircraft/marine cable, looped at both ends and some good quality missing links.

I pulled an entire moose out of a muck swamp where it went down, all by myself, with a similar set-up. 

(I always had my MRSB* in the boat or close by.)

*Moose Recovery System Bag

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I always had my MRSB* in the boat or close by.)

What’s an MRSB?

Military Rifle, Short Barrel?

Meals Ready to Share with Bears? :D

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

What’s an MRSB?

Military Rifle, Short Barrel?

Meals Ready to Share with Bears? :D

Moose Recovery System Bag

9 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Moose recovery swamp bag?  

What are "missing links"?

Strong metal links similar to a single chain link, but with a screw piece that allows you to safely link cables or chains.

After skidding Maurice Moose to the shore line and gutted, it was getting late and the others came looking for me.

They admired my system so much, next year it was policy every boat had one.

• Thanks 3

Texas Joker: Yes those are what we use(d).

Lead Joint compound on the threads to make sure they don't rust or stick when you want to use them.

What do you folks call them?

8 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Texas Joker: Yes those are what we use(d).

Lead Joint compound on the threads to make sure they don't rust or stick when you want to use them.

What do you folks call them?

I have heard them called “quick links”, “chain connectors”, “link connectors”. Mostly “Quick Links”. That’s what I call them and then you tell a coworker you need them they usually give you “that look” then I say, “You know, link connectors? Chain connectors? Those weird things that look like a chain link but you can unscrew that barrel so you can run it through a chain link to attach chains together or add hardware?” Then I get the half smile and the head nod and the “Oh yeah…” that kind of trails off like they have no idea but hope I will go find something else to do…like find the quick links we need. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, watab kid said:

my bonnie circa 73 , i miss her but no longer want anything between my legs that cant stand up by itself 

mikesphotos-3001_zps49af4286 (2).jpg

Your bike looked exactly like one that I tried to buy off of a guy that offered it for sale numerous times only to back out every time. He aggravated the hell out of me but I could see his dilemma. He just didn’t want to part with the bike, but he promised his girlfriend he would. In the end he did the smart thing. He got rid of the girlfriend. ;) I did get to ride it, which is why I wanted it. 

I wanted a Triumph but just never was able to buy one for one reason or another. 
I rented one a few years ago. It was a fun bike. The new Bonnevilles ride and sound like the ones from the 70’s. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

Your bike looked exactly like one that I tried to buy off of a guy that offered it for sale numerous times only to back out every time. He aggravated the hell out of me but I could see his dilemma. He just didn’t want to part with the bike, but he promised his girlfriend he would. In the end he did the smart thing. He got rid of the girlfriend. ;) I did get to ride it, which is why I wanted it. 

I wanted a Triumph but just never was able to buy one for one reason or another. 
I rented one a few years ago. It was a fun bike. The new Bonnevilles ride and sound like the ones from the 70’s. 

i originally  had a 72 brand new - rode it till sept 30th when a guy turned in front of me , this 73 was new in spring from the settlement , i owned it till 79 when i reluctantly sold it with 8k miles , i reinvested in a boat i still have 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

These have been torturing me, but I probably break too easily these days.  https://janusmotorcycles.com/

I hadn’t heard of these. I went through the site and “designed” the one I would love to have. Thanks for posting this. 

The Halcyon 450.

IMG_2404.thumb.jpeg.d67d2384bb0e5efdf59405534cb02109.jpeg

Now if I could just win enough money on the lottery…

• Like 3

We're on the almost identical wavelength.  Unfortunately, I remember some adventures I survived in my late 20's largely unscathed, which would be life changing at current age.  Though I could buy one with some scrimping, I'd have to sleep on it in the garage.  Wife's father was seriously injured on a bike, and actually continued riding with a Handicap Plate till shortly before he passed on!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

We're on the almost identical wavelength.  Unfortunately, I remember some adventures I survived in my late 20's largely unscathed, which would be life changing at current age.  Though I could buy one with some scrimping, I'd have to sleep on it in the garage.  Wife's father was seriously injured on a bike, and actually continued riding with a Handicap Plate till shortly before he passed on!

Yep, we no longer bounce like we used to, I’m sure. :)

I don’t ride as much as I did before retiring, but then I rode my bike to and from work nearly every day. The bike I currently have has a seat height of 33 inches plus hard saddle bags. Sometimes getting on the bike is, I won’t say difficult, but it is harder to do than it used to be. 
All of a sudden this bike looks much more appealing to me with a 26” seat height. 
image.png.c3b71f3b33e4664767581e053e941694.png

If I remove the hard saddle bags my bike is much easier to get on to. I may just take them off unless I absolutely need them. 
It’s funny, I don’t have a photo of it without the saddle bags. 
image.thumb.jpeg.2666b495b922ef20edc002221ecf231f.jpeg

• Like 2