SASS Wire Forum

Beauty In The Ears Of The Beholder - Add Your Own

Calamity Kris

I'm going to stop with this one.

My taste in music is quite broad!

• Like 1

Okay.

One more.

But only because this is what Sarah Lynne McKenna does for relaxation after a hard day of riding, kicking backsides, breaking bones, popping out of trunks wtih a sawed off twelve-bore and otherwise having a hard day of bringing justice to the lawless!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

That was the first number that I performed for money!

It was early 1972 and I had done a bunch of talent shows and “Battle of the Bands”.  This was my first time fronting for a band and getting paid to do it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Blast from my past!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

One of the finest guitar duets I’ve ever heard and it’s slide guitar AND blues!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Blast from my past!

OH YESSSS!!!!!

Edited by Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103
  • Like 1

This is a longer one that I often use to relax me while I work on something intricate.

I’m sure that there are those who would argue, BUT I think that the Wilson sisters are the best female act in Rock and Roll!

Anne Wilson takes “Belting the Rafters” to a new universe and Nancy is a guitar virtuoso!

• Thanks 2

On 9/5/2023 at 6:09 PM, Blackwater 53393 said:

I’m sure that there are those who would argue, BUT I think that the Wilson sisters are the best female act in Rock and Roll!

Anne Wilson takes “Belting the Rafters” to a new universe and Nancy is a guitar virtuoso!

I definitely agree, but Ann is not a vocal “one trick pony.” If you want to grasp how good she is, go to YouTube and search for “Charismatic Voice Heart.” The channel is a professional opera singer and vocal coach who analyzes different singers. She has been very impressed by Ann Wilson.

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, DocWard said:

I definitely agree, but Ann is not a vocal “one trick pony.” If you want to grasp how good she is, go to YouTube and search for “Charismatic Voice Heart.” The channel is a professional opera singer and vocal coach who analyzes different singers. She has been very impressed by Ann Wilson.

The other half of my statement is just as true.  I never understood why Nancy wasn’t always the featured lead guitarist for Heart!  I looked around to try and find some recording/video footage of her really turning it loose like I’ve seen in live performances, but I haven’t been successful so far. In the meantime…

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

The other half of my statement is just as true.  I never understood why Nancy wasn’t always the featured lead guitarist for Heart!  I looked around to try and find some recording/video footage of her really turning it loose like I’ve seen in live performances, but I haven’t been successful so far. In the meantime…

Absolutely! I will see if I can find the article that tells about it, but as I recall, at one point, the band’s then lead guitarist left the band right before they were to go on tour. Evidently he thought it would leave them somewhat in a bind. He didn’t realize Nancy could play everything he did, and stepped up to do just that. She just has a love for the acoustic.

• Thanks 1

A little spice!!

Islands

• Like 1

RYE!! I’ll see your Josie and raise you My Old School!

:rolleyes: B)

• Like 2

Next time you and Uno are passing through, let me know and we’ll get a bite and hang out!

5 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

RYE!! I’ll see your Josie and raise you My Old School!

:rolleyes: B)

Here’s a really old one by Steely Dan. It’s their first singer who left

after a couple years.

Probably my favorite Sinatra song.  Frank, Count Basie and his Orchestra and Quincy Jones conducting (studio version)

• Like 1

I had a bunch of errands to run and these two numbers were on my mind all day! One of my friends and schoolmates from high school played bass with both of these guys. With J.J. it was his full time job.

Hey! RYE!! Check out the piano on this one!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I had a bunch of errands to run and these two numbers were on my mind all day! One of my friends and schoolmates from high school played bass with both of these guys. With J.J. it was his full time job.

Hey! RYE!! Check out the piano on this one!

I had no idea Leon wrote that.  I liked his stuff. Good musician !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1